Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th August 2014, 12:10   #2296
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
Even I am experiencing the same issue with regards to condensation on the inside. I usually face this problem after a long drive at night.. at the very same spot, just outside the indicators
Happens mostly on long drives . Have you tried recirculation mode after you get the condensation. Should make a difference, though I have yet to try the same.
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 01:42   #2297
BHPian

Pardon my innocence but can anyone explain what's the ac got to do with headlamp condensation???
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2014, 09:05   #2298

@Chitta Pradhan

Sorry but I'm not too sure if that would help. To make it a little clear I am talking about condensation on the inside of the headlamp. Last night also I experienced the same issue
Akshay.Hemmady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 11:53   #2299
BHPian

Default Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6D SX (O) - Replacement Shocks

I have been driving my Verna for the past 3 years and it has been a gem of a machine. The only problems i face with them are

1. Clutch Hardening - Had worked on it at 46,000 kms and it was found to be Clutch Casing had hardened and it was replaced under warranty, at the same time ASC had asked me to replace the clutch plates too, but after having a look at the clutch plate, i asked the ASC to leave the clutch plate as it is, and the car has done about 70,000 Kms now and the clutch plate still works like a gem, although , i see there has been clutch hardening again.

Could some find body find any good reasons behind this ?? The clutch is as hard as a rock.

2. Shocks and Springs : The shocks and springs had been drivable initially but after the lot of abuse it has taken, it get hit hard on road bumps and the rear springs bounce like a ball. Now i need to replace them, but i am not comfortable with changing them to stocks which i believe has been upgraded too, looking at other shocks like Bilstein B6 or Tein.

Riding comfort and decent handling is what i expect.

And i am also looking at installing a Race dynamics Dieseltronic Chip in this machine, Although i am out of warranty after about 9000 kms from now, im still worried if it would affect the engine. As im planning to keep the machine till it falls apart.
capt.chandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 16:25   #2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
This is what I've done to my car. You can try something on the same line.

Attachment 1274178

Attachment 1274177
Wow buddy! that's a beaut!!! btw did you repainted them or changed the rims all together? looks like a paint job. Also can we do undo the paint job when we decide to sell the car off to give it a stock feel?
varunnahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 18:46   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Wow buddy! that's a beaut!!! btw did you repainted them or changed the rims all together? looks like a paint job. Also can we do undo the paint job when we decide to sell the car off to give it a stock feel?
Yes it's plasti dip. Can be removed and painted n number of times. It's amazing.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 19:12   #2302
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6D SX (O) - Replacement Shocks

Your thread could not have come at a better time. I too own a Verna and have read about this clutch and suspension Springs issue.

And since my car has done only 7,000 Km in the last 2 years , my warranty is getting over next month. I'm wondering if I should go for the extended warranty in case I have clutch or suspension issue in future. The extended warranty costs me 10,100 Rs and I would also have to do my compulsory 3rd Free service for 5,000 Rs to get he extended warranty done.

Do you think it's feasible for me to go for the extended warranty for 15,000 Rs ?

The new 2014 shocks costs 6,000 Rs on all 4 sides. How much did the clutch replacement amount in your bill cost? If I get an idea of the cost I could decide if I need to go in for the extended warranty or not.Thanks.
Old 18th August 2014, 20:04   #2303
BHPian

Quote:

Do you think it's feasible for me to go for the extended warranty for 15,000 Rs ?
I think it makes sense to go for the extended warranty irrespective of brand. We witnessed an increase in the number of recalls from reputed brands in the recent past, but on the other hand not all manufacturers are generous enough to accept the sub-standard quality of components and it's cost-free replacement. Swift brake booster is the best example of such case.

Recently, I got saved thanks to the extended warranty. Got a free of cost replacement of Wagon R fuel pump costing INR 4500 approximately.

I dont regret buying an extended warranty by paying extra $$$ and assuring the peace of mind!

There is already a good article on Extended Warranties on TBhp:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...es-yes-no.html

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 18th August 2014 at 20:10.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2014, 20:57   #2304

Quote:
Yes it's plasti dip. Can be removed and painted n number of times. It's amazing.
How much did it cost you?
Old 19th August 2014, 19:57   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

I dont regret buying an extended warranty by paying extra $$$ and assuring the peace of mind!

There is already a good article on Extended Warranties on TBhp:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...es-yes-no.html
Thanks for the link to that article. Lots of interesting posts but it's pretty clear that extended warranty is useful for people who drive their cars a lot like more than 10,000 kms a year. I have driven mine only for 6,100 in the last 2 years since I was abroad and even if I do take an extended warranty and remain in India for 1 more year I'm doubtful if I will drive 16,000 km in another 1 year hence chances of any part failing is of a very less probability.

I'm expecting any part to start failing after 30,000 km only and by then my extended warranty will be of no use. So I think it's wise for me to save this 15,000 rs now and use this money to repair as and when something fails later and hyundais are not that expensive on parts as far as I have seen.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:50   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
How much did it cost you?
I just paid for the plasti dip spray paint can which I bought online. The painting I did myself. You will need 2 cans to paint all your 4 wheels completely with 4 coats each.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:09   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
This is what I've done to my car. You can try something on the same line.

Attachment 1274178

Attachment 1274177
Looks absolutely gangsta!!
Can you please give pointers to where the paint cans can be bought from?

Also, one suggestion, the chrome nuts are an eyesore. Would be good if you replace or paint them black! I understand you might not have painted them right now, since the paint will peel off when using the spanner?
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 13:46   #2308

Quote:
I just paid for the plasti dip spray paint can which I bought online. The painting I did myself. You will need 2 cans to paint all your 4 wheels completely with 4 coats each.
Wow you painted yourself Job well done indeed! Care to share the link so that even i can order.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:56   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chandru View Post
looking at other shocks like Bilstein B6 or Tein.
Riding comfort and decent handling is what i expect.

And i am also looking at installing a Race dynamics Dieseltronic Chip in this machine, Although i am out of warranty after about 9000 kms from now, im still worried if it would affect the engine. As im planning to keep the machine till it falls apart.
With the DieselTronic box, there is no change to the peak torque and power generated from the engine. The main difference is that the lower RPMs have more torque and power. So, there should not be any impact on the engine or transmission. I had recently installed the box for my 2012 Verna. See the snippet from my post on the Racedynamics thread below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I went ahead and bought the Single Channel box for my Fluidic Verna. I had covered a 1000 km road trip and enough city kms in the last 3 weeks to comment on the box.

In short, it does what it says and I feel my money is well spent.
Cross posting from the main Verna thread regarding the suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Red Rooster Performance is offering TEIN springs (INR 30K) and Street Basis Suspension (INR 90K) for Verna CRDI (details here). One facebook review mentioned about RRP having a Verna test vehicle with the Street Basis Suspension, maybe it is worth giving a test drive.

Though these options look pricey, with them, Verna would then come closer to the perfect driver's car (except for the steering).
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 15:07   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
The black alloy paint job looks awesome! Would appreciate if you could give us some links from where you got it online.
mzone is offline   Reply With Quote