Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th August 2014, 13:47   #2341
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I think you are mistaken. This is present in all variants (at least was in all 2013 variants). It's the roller switch right next to the headlamp height control switch (right of your steering wheel)

Nope. This was removed from SX variant in 2014 Verna. Mine is a 2014 one. We only have one roller switch for headlight control.

Arvind
Naetik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:09   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Nope. This was removed from SX variant in 2014 Verna. Mine is a 2014 one. We only have one roller switch for headlight control.

Arvind
My apologies then! I just ran out to my office parking lot to take a picture of the rheostat (highlighted in the box).

Seems such a basic feature to make it 'exclusive'!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20140828_135257.jpg  

Desi Dybuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2014, 14:15   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
My apologies then! I just ran out to my office parking lot to take a picture of the rheostat (highlighted in the box).

Seems such a basic feature to make it 'exclusive'!
Thanks for the pic. Dont we all just love to get into the Verna at every opportunity we get. I am guessing that had a part in you running over to the office parking .

I am wondering what the middle missing roller is (the one between the supervision cluster and headlight control)?
Old 28th August 2014, 14:40   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. Dont we all just love to get into the Verna at every opportunity we get. I am guessing that had a part in you running over to the office parking .
Birds of the same feather.... :

Quote:
I am wondering what the middle missing roller is (the one between the supervision cluster and headlight control)?
That's a blank piece. Usually, in other countries, it would house the ESC/TCS On-Off switch there.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 02:23   #2345
BHPian

You can buy the rheostat separately and get it installed. many members have done that and I plan to do the same soon. More details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...dai-verna.html
mani_jeenu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 12:44   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
You can buy the rheostat separately and get it installed. many members have done that and I plan to do the same soon. More details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...dai-verna.html
Thanks for the pointer. Seems pretty straightforward to install. But any idea if installing this rheostat will void my warranty. I just got 2+2 year warranty and would hate to lose it for this switch.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:48   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer. Seems pretty straightforward to install. But any idea if installing this rheostat will void my warranty. I just got 2+2 year warranty and would hate to lose it for this switch.
Why would it ? Its a genuine Hyundai accessory and no wire cutting/splicing involved. I got the gear knob also changed similarly to the chrome version as well as projectors retrofitted. That only voids the warranty on headlights not complete warranty as the original factory harness is untouched in the process.
Thread here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...dic-verna.html (Installed! New eyes (Projectors) for my Fluidic Verna)
mani_jeenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:46   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

On my 2014 Fluidic Verna CRDi SX - I noticed that the brightness of the speedometer cluster reduces when I switch on the head lights. I just want to make sure this is as per design and not due to a weak battery. I understand this makes sense as a feature - but wanted to be sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

Arvind
Yeah, the idea behind that is that when you switch on the headlights it is assumed to be night time and reading the instrument cluster becomes easier as there is no competing light source. Whereas in the day, it is at full brightness to ensure easy readability even in direct sunlight.
rlvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:57   #2349
BHPian

My battery is dead and SVC is asking to tow the vehicle to their location. Can i get the battery out by myself and get it fixed? has anyone faced this issue?

I dont want to tow the car because of a battery issue. My car is just a year old and still under warranty.
razorBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:06   #2350
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
My battery is dead and SVC is asking to tow the vehicle to their location. Can i get the battery out by myself and get it fixed? has anyone faced this issue?

I dont want to tow the car because of a battery issue. My car is just a year old and still under warranty.
Is the battery a total goner? Or is it just running very low on charge, because of some electrical stuff that was left on etc.?

If it's the latter, a good few hours of bench charging would solve the issue. If it's the former, you'll have to replace the battery. I assume the battery is covered under warranty, and that's why the service centre asked you to tow the car to them.

Yes, you can disconnect the terminals, take the battery out by yourself and get it bench charged.

I faced a similar issue when the battery of my earlier Indica Xeta (out of warranty) was dying. We push started it (though this is not recommended, and it may not be easy to push start a car with a common-rail diesel engine either) and took it straight to the battery shop, where it was replaced.

Another option you have is to jump start the car with another battery (a stand alone one, or one from another car), but this has to be done very carefully. You can call the road-side assistance guys (of either Hyundai or the battery manufacturer) and they would do it for you.

Last edited by RSR : 2nd September 2014 at 13:08.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:58   #2351
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post

I had a similar problem with my i10 when I had to call Hyundai road service to jump start the car - which they came and did promptly.

On a subsequent occasion, when my car just wouldn't start, I decided to replace the battery (it had already last 5 years), and Hyundai asked me to bring the car to their service center. However, Carnation came to my place replaced it for free - the battery also cost a little lower

EDIT: Just realized you have a new battery, you could still try the jump start / alternate service center option

Last edited by i10 : 2nd September 2014 at 16:59.
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:37   #2352
BHPian

Just got to know from Koncept Hyundai, Delhi that Verna prices have been increased by Rs. 21,000 for the 1.6 SX MT diesel variant (hike applicable across variants).

I am wondering about the reason behind the steep hike, is it due to the high waiting period for the New City given that there are rumors on a new generation Verna hitting our shores by end of the year? It would be interesting to look at the sales chart for August.

P.S. Moderators please delete this if a similar post exists.
sid_deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:20   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Just got to know from Koncept Hyundai, Delhi that Verna prices have been increased by Rs. 21,000 for the 1.6 SX MT diesel variant (hike applicable across variants).

I am wondering about the reason behind the steep hike, is it due to the high waiting period for the New City given that there are rumors on a new generation Verna hitting our shores by end of the year? It would be interesting to look at the sales chart for August.

P.S. Moderators please delete this if a similar post exists.
Same in Mumbai. A friend test drove the Verna couple of weeks back from Shreenath Hyundai (Ghatkopar). They informed him about the hike across all Hyundai cars.
shinobi803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:20   #2354

I purchased a new Verna SX 1.6 Diesel in May, 2014 in Pune. I didn't particularly like the audio system, the headlights (extremely poor) and the horn (too weak for Pune traffic). So after lot of deliberations, I finally got the following things changed:

1. Installed Caska system (~Rs.44,500 - showroom gave 3D mats and white tape for bumper corners and door edges (don't recall what it is called) free with it. Showroom offered Rs.500/- for the original Hyundai system!!! So decided to take the old system home);

2. Installed Roots horn which sounds like a VW horn;

3. Installed 100/90 Osram headlights with Roots kit (2 and 3 combined cost - Rs.2000).

No.2 and 3 were done at local garage.

Regarding installing of 100/90, the local garage recommended Osram over Philips saying Philips doesn't last as long as Osram. I am happy with the new headlights. For installing the 100/90 bulbs, the rubber cap behind the headlights had to be cut, which according to the local dealer may void warranty.
akshay81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 21:37   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I purchased a new Verna SX 1.6 Diesel in May, 2014 in Pune. I didn't particularly like the audio system, the headlights (extremely poor) and the horn (too weak for Pune traffic). So after lot of deliberations, I finally got the following things changed:

1. Installed Caska system (~Rs.44,500 - showroom gave 3D mats and white tape for bumper corners and door edges (don't recall what it is called) free with it. Showroom offered Rs.500/- for the original Hyundai system!!! So decided to take the old system home);

2. Installed Roots horn which sounds like a VW horn;

3. Installed 100/90 Osram headlights with Roots kit (2 and 3 combined cost - Rs.2000).

No.2 and 3 were done at local garage.

Regarding installing of 100/90, the local garage recommended Osram over Philips saying Philips doesn't last as long as Osram. I am happy with the new headlights. For installing the 100/90 bulbs, the rubber cap behind the headlights had to be cut, which according to the local dealer may void warranty.
Akshay - On #3, How did the 90/100 lamps fit? Was the groove slightly cut to fit the lamps? If so, you might have issues with moisture inside the headlamp cluster during rain/car wash. If it was some other method, you might have chances of being out of this.

What exactly is Roots kit? Is it the relay that draws less power?
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote