Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th October 2014, 17:42   #2386

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Tell him that you will not try this procedure of 30 mins and ask him politely for a replacement again. If he refuses just email hyundai and complain. This is only if you have not done any kind of modification to your head light assembly.

I'm getting a slight annoying noise while turning the wheel. It can be heard during parking the car. Does anyone know what's the problem and how to fix it ?
Thank you for the advise. Yes I have not made any changes whatsoever to the factory fitted headlamps. So should I just directly send an email to the customer care?
Akshay.Hemmady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 12:07   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Hi Arvind - I did notice the fuel level indicator behaving like this with my 2014 verna as well, it may be because of the inclined surface?. However, the average dropping down from 14 to 8 after a vehicle start is something weird.

Btw, I wanted to compare the FE b/w AT and MT. Can you tell me about it inside the Bangalore city limits and highways?
Hi Santosh

Did a 400km drive last night from Bangalore to Coimbatore. Inspite of a terrible traffic in Hosur due to NH7 work, I got an astonishing 21.2 kmpl. I stayed at 100kmph for most of the drive and with full AC on. I am impressed. It cost me approx Rs. 1100 for the entire journey in fuel. Not bad I would say and pretty impressed.

Arvind
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 23:02   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
So should I just directly send an email to the customer care?
Yes please. Keep us updated on what happens.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2014, 23:19   #2389
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Joined this wonderful forum couple of days back.

Me too is a proud owner of Verna 1.6 CRDi SX. Bought on July 4th 2014 and have so far clocked 5760 KMs and the car has been a absolute pleasure. Ownership report coming soon.

Karts.
karts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 01:48   #2390
BHPian

I have a brand new petrol verna 1.6 SX. It's done about 1500 kms and the first service is due.
Today while starting the car, my door was open as I was picking up some stuff, I heard a 'hissing' sound coming from the underbody towards the driver's side.
I switched off the engine and the noise stopped. At first I felt it may be a leak from the tyre valve, but it wasn't so.
Each time I switched on the engine, the sound persisted.
Can anyone throw some light on this?
nda992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 15:40   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
Hello guys, I was getting the puncture repair in my car and saw the rusting in disc brake area. It's same in all the four disc. Please see the pictures and advice is it normal? It's just a 4 month old car.
Attachment 1269607

Attachment 1269608

Attachment 1269609
Hi. Did you talk to Hyundai service center? What did they tell you? I am having a similar problem in my 2 month old Verna CRDi SX. The entire disk seems to have built rust over the past week. A bit worried about the quality of the break. Hyundai if you are listening - this is not OK.
Naetik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 20:03   #2392

A couple of questions for existing verna crdi owners

a. How is the handling at 100+ km/hr??
b. Have heard a lot about bad suspension of verna, has there be any changes in new cars post 2014?? Are they any better vis-a-vis Honda/Linea suspension.

I am asking, as would be planning for a diesel sedan in the coming December, and was impressed by crdi sx, however the wife is really disappointed by the rear seat space.
arnetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 20:39   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post

b. Have heard a lot about bad suspension of verna, has there be any changes in new cars post 2014?? Are they any better vis-a-vis Honda/Linea suspension.

I am asking, as would be planning for a diesel sedan in the coming December, and was impressed by crdi sx, however the wife is really disappointed by the rear seat space.
Let me try n answer few question.
a. Yes the updated suspension has seen big improvement. i took test drive of both 2013 and 2014 back to back. But if you compare with Honda and Linea, it has to improve a lot. I had gone to goa recently. car was stable at 140. did not push it more. It handled good. If handling is the main priority, look no further try fiesta and linea.

b. rear seat space is good for me. i'm 6 " and people have good space. If back space is the priority, then none can beat ciaz i guess.

But you will never regret buying verna. Now with 2015 verna caught testing, lets hope the suspension is improved. Other than that i dont see any disadvantages.

Oh forgot to mention. there is a huge reflection of dash on windshield which is very very irritating. Never saw so much reflection with my previous cars: zen, ford ikon and swift. take thorough test drive of all the cars and decide for yourself.
Endofdayz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 22:03   #2394
BHPian

I've booked my 1.4 VTVT CX Verna white with Vinayak Hyundai, Tambaram, Chennai. Dealer has offered me a cash discount of 25K and a 12K worth seat cover, OTR coming to Rs 9,32,900.

I don't find a proper ownership/review thread on the 1.4 variant, just wanted to clarify if it won't feel glaringly underpowered. I did a TD and I quite liked it. Feature wise the CX seemed value packed for me, except for those missing passenger airbags :frustrati

Please recommend if I should be checking something specific to this car during PDI and any other upgrades/utility that I need to add-on before delivery. Help me out please, this's my first car

Thank you in advance.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 13:18   #2395
BHPian

Does any one have any information about the upcoming 2015 Verna features, handling, etc? A showroom guy mentioned that it will be launched around 26-Jan-2015. There are very few reviews of the Hyundai Solaris (same as Verna in India), and all are in Russian. So couldn't really figure out anything there.
PearlJam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 20:16   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Does any one have any information about the upcoming 2015 Verna features, handling, etc? A showroom guy mentioned that it will be launched around 26-Jan-2015. There are very few reviews of the Hyundai Solaris (same as Verna in India), and all are in Russian. So couldn't really figure out anything there.
I am closely following all online publications and news for its features. The front grille change and other exterior cosmetic updates are confirmed by the undisguised spy pics. Also somewhere it was mentioned that it comes with a 7" touchscreen display, but many others mention no changes in interior. Need to wait and see what it really is.
arunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:40   #2397
BHPian

I just got myself a new Verna SX 1.6 CRDi 3 days ago. Have driven it for about 300 odd Kms as of today. Would just like to know what is mileage that I can expect and will it improve after first service??

Currently getting 12.5 kmpl in city (AC on all the time). Haven't taken it out on the highway yet.

Also any inputs for the break-in process of any would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:05   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I just got myself a new Verna SX 1.6 CRDi 3 days ago. Have driven it for about 300 odd Kms as of today. Would just like to know what is mileage that I can expect and will it improve after first service??

Currently getting 12.5 kmpl in city (AC on all the time). Haven't taken it out on the highway yet.

First of all congratulations on the new ride fellow-bhpian! You've got a 'smooth operator' for yourself.

As for run in, just take it easy and don't unnecessarily rev hard, avoid lugging the engine and gradually increase your top speeds as kms pile on an you should be fine.

As it is for all combustion engines, smoothness will increase after first oil change as will mileage also as the engine frees up. You should get the optimum smoothness levels after about 5000 kms or 2nd/3rd oil change. But don't mind much of that right now. Just enjoy your new bride .

For more info if you need it, you can always look back on the earlier pages of this thread. Have fun!
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:05   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnetheus View Post

I own a Sept 2014 Verna 1.6 SX & have driven it for 6100+ km & here are my inputs.
1. Handling is not very confidence inspiring, car dosent likes to turn direction & under hard cornering fishtails easily. Its best driven in a straight line & in that way there is no scariness at least till 100 kmph. Yes the euro solidity isnt there but its not bad either.
2. I havent driven the pre-facelift Verna so cant comment about any differences with the facelift version but cars like Linea & Fiesta are in a different league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post

I didnt cross 2500 rpms during the first 1500 km & kept the engine at varying rpms. At the first service at 1500 km I got my oil filter & oil changed(much to the amusement of the ASC) & after that gradually kept on increasing engine speeds. Just remember dont revv hard, dont brake too hard, keep it gentle & you'll be okay.
trinity0114 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:32   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
First of all congratulations on the new ride fellow-bhpian! You've got a 'smooth operator' for yourself.

As for run in, just take it easy and don't unnecessarily rev hard, avoid lugging the engine and gradually increase your top speeds as kms pile on an you should be fine.

As it is for all combustion engines, smoothness will increase after first oil change as will mileage also as the engine frees up. You should get the optimum smoothness levels after about 5000 kms or 2nd/3rd oil change. But don't mind much of that right now. Just enjoy your new bride .

For more info if you need it, you can always look back on the earlier pages of this thread. Have fun!

Thank you so much pixantz and trinity0114. It is indeed an amazing car. Just going with the gear suggestion that the MID shows as of now. Not revving it much nor braking hard. Like you guys mentioned it might go up after the first service.

Thank you again.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote