Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th January 2015, 12:26   #2401
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

willing to present the rendering of verna facelift 2015. launch on feb 16 ( tentative )
Attached Images

abkett is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 13:15   #2402

I am planning on a sedan and my shortlist currently includes The Fiesta, The Rapid and The Scala (for the sheer space on offer).

However, these pictures tell me that I should wait for the new Hyundai Verna... its definitely a looker!

Has any of the BHPins got a chance to ride this one? I seriously hope Hyundai has tweaked the suspension for better handling and has also improved the high speed stability. If Hyundai can at least beat the Honda City in ride quality there are serious chances of the Verna regaining the top spot in the C2 segment.
ssingh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 14:07   #2403
BHPian

True I agree . new 6 speed auto transmissions to be introduced in this facelift.curious to know if its meant only for petrol or for diesel also ? .if its going to be 6 speed diesel then it will definitely be a hot product
abkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:33   #2404
BHPian

Hi All,

Since last few weeks i have been facing an issue with the bluetooth call quality in my car. While i can hear the caller clearly through the car speakers, the caller however hears a very blurred sound when i speak. There is no distortion, but the voice quality is bad and almost not understandable. It feels as if the mic volume is too high and due to this sound is distorting.

I have already tried the below:
- Tried different phones - No go.
- Tried fiddling with volume level on the phone and also on head unit - Still no affect on the quality

Has anyone faced this issue? I am currently in 3rd year extended warranty period, hope if it turns out to be the Headunit or the Mic(mounted on roof) is covered?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in anticipation.

My Car:
Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX - June 2012.
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:50   #2405
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I had purchased a pre owned 2012 Fluidic Verna petrol 1.6 SX about 6 months back and I have been greatly enjoying the ownership and impressed with Hyundai's quality, fit and finish.

Since the beginning I have been noticing one thing though and always wanting to put this question here. There is always a smell of rubber or plastic parts in the cabin which I have not observed in my other cars. I can clearly feel that the smell gets stronger when the vehicle is under sunlight during the day - mostly coming from the soft touch dashboard material in my opinion. Note that I do not use any kind of freshener as I don't like that smell either. Car is 95% driven with windows rolled up do prevent dust from getting in..... but I do get the fresh air in every time I start my journey.

Have other people also noticed this "plastic/leather under the sun" smell in Verna cabin? Anything that can be done about it?

Thanks!!
Rodie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 20:56   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi All,

Since last few weeks i have been facing an issue with the bluetooth call quality in my car. While i can hear the caller clearly through the car speakers, the caller however hears a very blurred sound when i speak. There is no distortion, but the voice quality is bad and almost not understandable. It feels as if the mic volume is too high and due to this sound is distorting.

I have already tried the below:
- Tried different phones - No go.
- Tried fiddling with volume level on the phone and also on head unit - Still no affect on the quality

Has anyone faced this issue? I am currently in 3rd year extended warranty period, hope if it turns out to be the Headunit or the Mic(mounted on roof) is covered?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in anticipation.

My Car:
Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX - June 2012.
So, I visited Samara Hyundai Mayapuri service center yesterday.
Had to explain the issue atleast 3 times to 3 different people. As expected, the last one said, they have never encountered such an issue and said since it is a Saturday and HMP is closed, so i will have to come again next week on Wednesday to get it checked.

When i pointed out that I hope these issues are covered under the 3rd year extended warranty, the SA was quick to say that accessories are not covered in extended warranty! I was like, since when did the component that came pre-installed in the car become an accessory??

At that, he called up someone on the phone and explained him the issue. The person on the other side quickly told him that this can either be the mic or headunit itself. Again, the SA requested me to come on wednesday, since monday was a 26 Jan and tuesday they will have huge rush!

He said, on wednesday he will arrange a mic on wednesday or will swap the mic from another car. If it is the mic, i will get a free replacement, and if it is the HU, it is not covered!!

HMP is about 35kms from my place, so i really dont want to drive all the way for this. SO, i have no option but to go again.

Hope it doesnt turn out to be the HU itself!

Can anyone confirm that the HU is not covered in the extended warranty?
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 18:51   #2407
BHPian

Hi All

I have done 54k now. Almost no rattles till now. Speaks of the build quality of the car. Has been extremely reliable so far, expect initial hiccups. Engine is as refines as before. Parts replaced so far- AC cooling coil ( due to leakage), rear parking sensors ( under warranty) & horn relay (under warranty).

Since replacement of cooling coil, HASS has not properly set the thermostat probably, because of which ice is formed after prolonged AC usage ( say for 3 hrs or so), and the air throw & cooling drops drastically. I switch off the AC for 5 minutes & there after things become normal. Any one here experiencing this?

After upgradation of tyres to 205/55/R16-Yoko db series & installation of spring assisters in all four springs, the car has changed dramatically, particularly in ride quality, improved GC & lesser tyre noise. The car is now so better than stock. The 4k investment for the spring assisters is the best thing I have done to the car so far.

Whats is the maximum run Verna Fludic here. Am sure, few have done more than a lakh by now. Please share your experience.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 13:09   #2408
BHPian

new verna diesel automatic launched

7 speed diesel automatic launched in korea . can we expect this for the feb 15 launch of facelifted verna in india . gives fe of 18 kmpl ( diesel )
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-hyundaiaccentkoreawithdctinterior621x1024.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-hyundaivernafaceliftgearatthe2014guangzhouautoshow1024x682.jpg  

Old 28th January 2015, 00:14   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
ice is formed after prolonged AC usage ( say for 3 hrs or so), and the air throw & cooling drops drastically. I switch off the AC for 5 minutes & there after things become normal.
It's a thermistor issue. The sensor which reads the cooling coil temperature and tells the ecm to cut-off the compressor. Ice is formed when the compressor doesn't cut-off at the desired tempetature point. Possible reasons for the problem could be:

1) the HASS guys didn't install the sensor properly(it is installed on the cooling coil) and it is unable to get a proper reading. It is supposed to be installed at a particular place on the coil.

2) the HASS guys installed a faulty/damaged sensor during the changing of the cooling coil process,

3) it has dislodged from it's place and hence malfunctioning,

4) electrical/electronic fault.

Now all the above possibilities would arise solely due to improper workmanship and should be rectified free if cost of course because they may have to open up the whole dashboard assembly including steering, instrument cluster etc to get to the cooling coil again which normally is a costly affair. Also, cooling coil conking off so soon seems highly suspect. How old did you say tour car was?
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 08:50   #2410
BHPian

Next generation verna ( 2016 ) :

New pictures of next generation verna has been spotted in korea .

Please note that these are next generation photographs and not of the facelift launching next month . Kindly refer to earlier post showing photos of facelift .

Speculated to have premium interiors and all new exterior .

Also rumoured to get new set of powertrains . Expected to launch in 2016 / 17.
Attached Images

abkett is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 21:45   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
It's a thermistor issue. The sensor which reads the cooling coil temperature and tells the ecm to cut-off the compressor. Ice is formed when the compressor doesn't cut-off at the desired tempetature point. Possible reasons for the problem could be:

1) the HASS guys didn't install the sensor properly(it is installed on the cooling coil) and it is unable to get a proper reading. It is supposed to be installed at a particular place on the coil.

2) the HASS guys installed a faulty/damaged sensor during the changing of the cooling coil process,

3) it has dislodged from it's place and hence malfunctioning,

4) electrical/electronic fault.

Now all the above possibilities would arise solely due to improper workmanship and should be rectified free if cost of course because they may have to open up the whole dashboard assembly including steering, instrument cluster etc to get to the cooling coil again which normally is a costly affair. Also, cooling coil conking off so soon seems highly suspect. How old did you say tour car was?
My car is now just over three years old. I feel it's a workmanship issue. Before finally going for the work, I had obtained opinion from one independent AC workshop (not HASS) & he too had diagnosed the same.
Chitta Pradhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 12:06   #2412
BHPian

So does anyone know what the aspects are that would be upgraded in the facelifted version due in a month or so ?

I hope the Suspension problem would be addressed .
poised2drive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 22:58   #2413
BHPian

@poised2drive : Here are the additions :
1.Improvised steering
2.Mechanical alterations to suspension .
3.Front grille modification making it similar to current Solaris in Russia .
4.Probable inclusion of new infotainment system .
5.Projector lamps with fine array of DRls around fog lamp
6.The automatics getting updated to 7 speed transmission .

All these at very minimal cost escalation to compete with honda.
Anyways the new generation verna coming within 1 year .
Old 7th February 2015, 23:10   #2414
BHPian

Hopefully they give rear a/c vents too. Every other car in the segment has it.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 20:42   #2415
BHPian

Red face Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I don't know if this is the correct section to post it or not. But since it is concerned with Hyundai Verna, I might post it here. This is second insect which has got stuck inside this area and eventually died. :(

Any remedy?
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-20150214_154109.jpg

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-20150214_154242.jpg
HalfOctave is online now   Reply With Quote