Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2015, 17:53   #2506
BHPian
 
drhoneycake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 205
Thanked: 361 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
How much did it cost finally. I was taken around 8k,if I remember correctly for the 3rd free service.

Came upto ₹6750/- INR. Regular 3rd free service. I could have saved a few bucks getting the wheel alignment/balancing etc done outside, but since I work 9 to 9 and even on Saturdays, decided to get it done here itself. Hassle free service, car was done on time, cleaned thoroughly and no extra things were asked to be done by my Service Advisor. Overall happy.

This is at Advaith Hyundai JP Nagar.


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015, 21:58   #2507
BHPian
 
HalfOctave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: DEL-TEZ-BLR
Posts: 39
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

My Verna Fluidic 1.6 VTVT SX is due for her 4th servicing. While the car does not have any major problem as such, but I am thinking of getting all the tyres rotated including the fifth spare wheel. The car has done only approx 21K kms.

Is it worth doing it? Any special maintenance to be carried out?
HalfOctave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 18:49   #2508
BHPian
 
santhosh_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I have given my 2014 verna CRDI Automatic transmission for an inspection @Advaith Hyundai Subramanyapura, Bangalore due to a problem in engine getting turned off while driving. I am not sure what all they have done to diagnose and fix the problem, however after resetting the sensor, fuel efficiency in bangalore city has dropped by at least 2 kmpl. It was about 10 KMPL in city and now its 8 KMPL. However, the service center manager denies about messing around the fuel efficiency area.

What could be the issue? I do see a the fuel gauge dropping faster than before, the drop in the fuel efficiency that is shown on the console seem to be correct.
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:43   #2509
Senior - BHPian
 
fine69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 711 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
I have given my 2014 verna CRDI Automatic transmission for an inspection @Advaith Hyundai Subramanyapura, Bangalore due to a problem in engine getting turned off while driving. I am not sure what all they have done to diagnose and fix the problem, however after resetting the sensor, fuel efficiency in bangalore city has dropped by at least 2 kmpl. It was about 10 KMPL in city and now its 8 KMPL. However, the service center manager denies about messing around the fuel efficiency area.

What could be the issue? I do see a the fuel gauge dropping faster than before, the drop in the fuel efficiency that is shown on the console seem to be correct.
I'm very keen to know the cause behind this because one of my female colleagues is struggling with this problem for more than a year now. She has a 2013 Verna CRDI auto and has faced this about 4 times. The Hyundai guys, as per her, were never able to diagnose the problem properly and the last time she had faced this problem they had replaced the ECU telling her that a lot of Verna's had an ECU problem and now it should resolve.

After about a year now the same problem cropped up, 3-4 days back, and this time her husband her given the car to another workshop with a hope that they are at least able to diagnose the cause of the problem this time.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:26   #2510
BHPian
 
santhosh_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I'm very keen to know the cause behind this because one of my female colleagues is struggling with this problem for more than a year now. She has a 2013 Verna CRDI auto and has faced this about 4 times. The Hyundai guys, as per her, were never able to diagnose the problem properly and the last time she had faced this problem they had replaced the ECU telling her that a lot of Verna's had an ECU problem and now it should resolve.

After about a year now the same problem cropped up, 3-4 days back, and this time her husband her given the car to another workshop with a hope that they are at least able to diagnose the cause of the problem this time.
Interesting to know. Here is the diagnosis done to my Verna CRDI AT by the A.S.S - Verified the electricals, earthing and battery connections to be intact, cleaned the fuel and Air filters, removed-cleaned-reset the sensor (not sure what sensor, but it was something removed from the bonnet). This is something i remember based on the conversation with the service center manager. The G-Scanner device cannot did not/cannot detect such problem. Its been a week i took my car back, though i haven't seen the engine shutting off so far, i am not very confident if the issue is resolved. If the issue comes once again, i wanted to let Hyundai know about this and not just raising a case with the A.S.S.

After your message, upon reading team bhp, a lot of people seem to have faced the same problem. All the issues were on verna diesel cars. I am trying to read through them to see if there is solution identified.

On the fuel efficiency issue - Since the sensor was reset, the vehicle was treating my car as a brand new one and it was recording the driving pattern like it does for the first few hundred kms of driving when we start using a brand new car. Its been driven for 400+ kms and its behavior is back to normal with good FE.
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:25   #2511
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

I have the 2014 facelift Verna which has clocked 18000 kms and off late find the car having high body roll in uneven potholes of chennai. I showed it at the service Centre and the guy said it's very normal and also got the car up the ramp to check for any defects. The car literally shakes us out in uneven roads. I normally keep the air pressure at 32psi and have tried it at various pumps to rule at error in psi. Did an alignment recently but still the problem persists. Is there anything else that's gone wrong somewhere? This problem I think has cropped up after a trip on the NH4 to Bangalore which had crater like potholes. Please suggest.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 11:11   #2512
BHPian
 
santhosh_lv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 43 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I have the 2014 facelift Verna which has clocked 18000 kms and off late find the car having high body roll in uneven potholes of chennai. I showed it at the service Centre and the guy said it's very normal and also got the car up the ramp to check for any defects. The car literally shakes us out in uneven roads. I normally keep the air pressure at 32psi and have tried it at various pumps to rule at error in psi. Did an alignment recently but still the problem persists. Is there anything else that's gone wrong somewhere? This problem I think has cropped up after a trip on the NH4 to Bangalore which had crater like potholes. Please suggest.
While 2014 facelift Verna (I have the same one) does have a body roll, i am trying to understand the extant of body roll you see increasing after your bangalore visit. Do you find it while breaking? If so, this is valid and the reason is due to ABS. If its not while breaking, then i would suggest you to have the suspension checked, since you have got the wheels balanced already and i would assume your tyres being intact for 18k of driving. I will be surprised if there really is a problem.
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 21:31   #2513
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
I have the 2014 facelift Verna which has clocked 18000 kms and off late find the car having high body roll in uneven potholes of chennai. I showed it at the service Centre and the guy said it's very normal and also got the car up the ramp to check for any defects. The car literally shakes us out in uneven roads. I normally keep the air pressure at 32psi and have tried it at various pumps to rule at error in psi. Did an alignment recently but still the problem persists. Is there anything else that's gone wrong somewhere? This problem I think has cropped up after a trip on the NH4 to Bangalore which had crater like potholes. Please suggest.
I had the same problems in my Vento but it was solved when I checked the air pressure in a different pump. When the attendant at my usual pump filled to 32 psi, it was actually 45psi!
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 19:12   #2514
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

My 2014 Verna was hit in the rear by another car and it suffered a slight crack on the bumper and the paint being ripped off along with one sensor broken. Gave it at the dealership and they quoted Rs.4000 plus tax for painting and tinkering of the bumper and a whooping 4500 for replacing just one sensor. My question is does the sensor cost so much? I feel it's very much on the higher side. Any suggestions?
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 11:00   #2515
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 190
Thanked: 498 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
My 2014 Verna was hit in the rear by another car and it suffered a slight crack on the bumper and the paint being ripped off along with one sensor broken. Gave it at the dealership and they quoted Rs.4000 plus tax for painting and tinkering of the bumper and a whooping 4500 for replacing just one sensor. My question is does the sensor cost so much? I feel it's very much on the higher side. Any suggestions?
Hello There. I do think the price quoted is high .
I had changed my rear bumper and paid 9k for it. Since none of my sensors were damaged, I think these were used on the new bumper. In any case, the amount of tinkering + 1 sensor change = 8.5k seems HIGH !

I suggest you consult another Hyundai service center and get a quote from them too.
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 11:16   #2516
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 370 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
My 2014 Verna was hit in the rear by another car and it suffered a slight crack on the bumper and the paint being ripped off along with one sensor broken. Gave it at the dealership and they quoted Rs.4000 plus tax for painting and tinkering of the bumper and a whooping 4500 for replacing just one sensor. My question is does the sensor cost so much? I feel it's very much on the higher side. Any suggestions?
No point wasting that kind of money uselessly for this job. Don't know about Chennai but in most other metros you could get a pretty decent bumper repair in an fng for half what Hyundai is quoting and you can replace the sensor with a second hand market piece.
pixantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:50   #2517
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Finally replacing my 7 yr old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi.

Got my hands on a fresh 15 month old Verna 1.6 petrol last week. Done 10,000 kms.
Excellent condition.

This though is a treat to drive in the city and a beast on the highway. It is a an ideal, comfortable city car with the exact factory fitted features I needed.
Hyundai have improved the suspension and at 170 on a recent expressway visit it felt very planted and the steering tightened up nicely.

I did prefer the Fiesta's lower driving position and the feeling when taking fast turns. Will miss the Fiesta's 'go kart' handling characteristics it for sure. But now being a father and what with Kolkata's traffic, it is not the place to zip around imagining being on an F1 track!

Driving a petrol has already made me a smoother driver, no more frequent quick low rev diesel torque hungry acceleration bursts!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Hatari : 22nd April 2016 at 11:52.
Hatari is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:28   #2518
BHPian
 
Mr.mitsuvolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bhopal
Posts: 137
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Finally replacing my 7 yr old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi.

Congratulations for your purchase. Verna looks stunning in this shade.

Can you please share the cost?
Was it purchased from a dealer or individual seller?
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2016, 12:23   #2519
Senior - BHPian
 
Hatari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 1,509
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Congratulations for your purchase. Verna looks stunning in this shade.

Can you please share the cost?
Was it purchased from a dealer or individual seller?
Thanks, bought it direct for 6.3L.
Hatari is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 00:35   #2520
BHPian
 
dark.knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India
Posts: 766
Thanked: 1,745 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Finally replacing my 7 yr old Fiesta 1.4 TDCi.
Got my hands on a fresh 15 month old Verna 1.6 petrol last week. Done 10,000 kms.This though is a treat to drive in the city and a beast on the highway. It is a an ideal, comfortable city car with the exact factory fitted features I needed. Hyundai have improved the suspension and at 170 on a recent expressway visit it felt very planted and the steering tightened up nicely.
Coming from a Fiesta owner this is a good compliment for the Verna, if you're satisfied with the suspension both at city and highway speeds in this version I'm sure the facelift and facelift-2 (current-gen) would be even better as has been clarified in many reviews. Sure it cannot be expected to compete with the HPS steering of Fiesta as even the EPS of Ford itself cannot match that feel, but if you've found the stability and surge of Verna as largely positive then for sure the Verna has been criticised unfairly many a time.

I think the company has learnt quite a bit from the first/2nd gen i10/i20 mistakes in terms of tuning the suspension, hopefully they'll never repeat that mistake in all future models. Good deal price-wise, saved you perhaps a clean 5L, at a price which today which might just about get you a base i20.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 387 5th July 2016 11:49
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks