Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th May 2011, 07:00   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Advaith Hyundai on ORR called me and invited me over for the launch at 11.30 am (I'd left my phone no. with them earlier) When I enquired about a TD, they said it might take 10-12 days to get a TD demo vehicle!

I was almost in the process of booking a Tjet plus
Test drive vehicles are already available with Trident and they are waiting for the launch today according to the sales people. Otherwise I would have test driven yesterday itself.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 07:42   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post

View image: new Verna prices 2011

TENTATIVE PRICES OF THE NEW VERNA IN KANPUR (U.P.) APRIL 10th 2011.
Ahh, thats great pricing...its much cheaper than the ANHC...like the SX(0) is cheaper by around 30k than V-MT...great!!

Last edited by pamishra : 11th May 2011 at 07:44.
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 07:48   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks fazalmirza, for those pricing details, shouldn't be much different elsewhere. As opposed to Sid's post earlier, the difference between the CRDI SX & the SX(O) is @ 67K, whereas earlier it was assumed to be @ 135K. I think the CRDI SX is exactly in the Vento TDi Highline range. The prices seem to be more or less on the expected lines. In the 1.4 trims, there is only base version.
AutoIndian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 08:08   #364
BHPian

I got a call from popular hyundai yesterday. I had left mu number with them. He ws ready to give me a test drive today in the yard. The price he quoted was 7.5 approx for 1.4 and 8.5-9.0 for the 1.6 diesel manual. He had no clue about autobox pricing. When he started to explain me stuff, I told him what I knew (thanks to Team-Bhp). He was impressed !!
999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 09:00   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The 16 page glossy brochure is fantastic. Collect from your dealer tomorrow. Ad OT: that newly printed manza brochure is 26 pages. Loved reading it on my free time today.
Anyone having a soft copy of the brochure??
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 09:11   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Anyone having a soft copy of the brochure??
Am planning to get one today. if it's not available by download from their website, I will scan a pdf and upload by late evening.

Also the www.newthinkingcomesalive.com is offering a live launch at 11:45am today and also in the evening.

Last edited by optimist : 11th May 2011 at 09:15.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 09:47   #367
BHPian

2 more hours to go for the launch! I think the actual pricing will be close to the figures mentioned here. Hyundai have surely got a winner in their portfolio. Their prices are aggressive and their car is nice. 9.1 lakhs for 1.6 the SX VTVT seems like a good deal. I expect Verna to severely dent sales of City, Sx4, Fiesta, Linea and even Vento to some extent.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:04   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rising View Post
- Currently uniform Special Excise tax imposed for Rs. 15,000 on cars having > 1500 cc engines
Oops! just about 100 odd cc of hollow metal (cylinder) taxed @15000/-. Just too bad.
Wish hyundai launched a 3 ltr 6 cylinder Crdi engine just to balance this 15k tax.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:04   #369
BHPian

While everyone seems to be happy with the prices, I am actually very disappointed that AT is only on SX(O). CRDI SX(O) AT in Bangalore with 17%-18% road tax and insurance will go to around 12.7. CRDI SX-AT (if provided) would have ex-showroom within 10L, road tax around 14-15%, and OTR would have been less than 12.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:16   #370
BHPian

Quote:

Nice job, and im pleased that my earlier speculation was bang on

Pricing seems to be reasonably competitive. There's going to be some overlap and confusion for the buyers betweeen the base variants of the 1.4 diesel and 1.6 petrol. The 1.4 diesel is just 50k more and i dont see too many takers for the petrol even with the extra features it offers. The diesel economy will be too much of a factor i feel.

Another thing i feel they really missed out on is offering the Auto box on some of the lower variants as well. They should at least offer the Auto box on the SX variants. Not everyone wants all the features that the SX(O) offers. And heck im sure some people are looking for autos on the base variants as well. Here in Bangalore the diesel auto looks like it'll be about 12.5-12.6 lakhs on road. If they offered an automatic in SX trim, the ex showroom price could be just under 10 lakhs, which would qualify for the lower road tax bracket as well. Would work out to about 11.6-11.7 on road which is almost a lakh cheaper
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:41   #371
BHPian

Default SMS received from Hyundai India.

New thinking comes alive at 11:45am and 7:45pm on 11th May 2011. to see it live visit http://www.newthinkingcomesalive.com. T&C apply
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:54   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslayer View Post
Is it just me or does the tag line 'Fluidic Verna' some sort of inappropriate and inadequate for such a looker with a stonker of a motor?

Man I still cannot get over how awesome this car looks.

@incinerator: Does the Cruze have that bad interiors that it wouldn't pass muster next to the new gen..er.. Fluidic Verna?
Slayer, the first few photos and paras of the review by TSK on the Cruze made me want to go out and buy the car right then! But delve deep, and you'll really wonder how interiors can be so shoddy for a car that costs so much and looks so good from the outside!

In tsk's words, "However, spend some time inside the cabin, and you will begin to wonder whether there is much substance behind this beauty. Interior part quality is strictly average for 13 lakhs (expected price). Some rough edges and hard plastics are evident, and yet some more plastics feel outright cheap. Interior fit & finish leave room for improvement. "

I've been looking for a new set of wheels since Dec 2009. I did a comparison on the Cruze, Jetta and Laura (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...y-cruze-3.html (C+ segment car purchase help needed (Civic, Jetta, City, Cruze))). My Accent has interiors that are miles ahead of the Cruze IMHO.

I've test driven a lot of cars, but am really excited about the Verna or even the i45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
New thinking comes alive at 11:45am and 7:45pm on 11th May 2011. to see it live visit http://www.newthinkingcomesalive.com. T&C apply
The site isn't working right now for some reason.
incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:56   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Not everyone wants all the features that the SX(O) offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
To answer the difference between SX and SX(O). The SX (O) has 6 Airbags, Push button start, Key less entry, AC has an extra button to remove the fungus and bad smell from the car, which specially comes when the car is not driven for a long time.
I guess the leather seats will not be there in the SX version.

With app Rs.75k difference between these version, its really a tough call...If leather seats are part of SX, I wont mind settling from it
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 11:32   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post

The site isn't working right now for some reason.
Its working now. I am hooked on to it for the webcast..13 mins to go.

http://hyundainewverna.vsworld.com/
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 11:53   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Its working now. I am hooked on to it for the webcast..13 mins to go.

http://hyundainewverna.vsworld.com/
lucky you.. i keep getting the "connection timed out" error message
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote