Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th May 2011, 13:23   #406
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

The Base 1.4 Diesels in the i20 & ANHV differ by 2.3L ex showroom, it would not make much sense for someone to pay that extra amount just for the boot, my opinion here.

Happy Motoring !!
Torquedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:35   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
My God! That's quite a surprising pricing and not in a good way. I guess Hyundai is playing their "costly car" card again. That's quite a disappointment for me. Launch of Linea 1.6 MJD no where near, Fiesta 1.6 TDCi is still in the back stage. Looking at new Verna prices, Vento TDi seems like most sensible in this segment.

My Prediction: Vento sales to increase due to launch of Verna. (The same, what happened with i20 when Jazz entered the market)
+1 Now Vento TDi is looking more VFM. Moreover it is a breeze to drive within city. HMIL is going to harp on features which is what the general public care for. I am in no hurry & for sure going to wait till Fiesta 1.6 TDCi & Linea 1.6 MJD hits the market
AutoIndian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:37   #408
Senior - BHPian

The prices are good. But cannot be termed VFM exactly. But still its good. 1.4 doesn't seem attractive at all with the significant addition of equipment and better performance for a small sum of money.

Now Ford Fiesta with its additional entertainment package ( read handling & ride) seems more appealing. Come on Ford, give us another Figo inspired pricing surprise now! Hyundai cars are no longer the VFM cars they used to be half a decade ago

Last edited by aravind.anand : 11th May 2011 at 13:40.
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:39   #409
BHPian

Guys there is just too much information flowing here. If possible can someone post a reply with all the variants, their ex-showroom prices( OTR would be preferred) and the features in each variant? This thread has got me confused as to which variant costs how much and what features are there in each variant. On reading the previous posts it seems that the prices are a bit on the higher side.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:43   #410
Senior - BHPian

A let down by Hyundai on the pricing, imagine what the OTR in Bangalore would be!
Vento TDI is the way to go!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:46   #411
rmk
BHPian

Are they gonna offer discounts for the verna transform??
rmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 13:47   #412
BHPian

I don't see merit in most of the arguments made here on Verna's pricing. The prices make sense to me - just use the current Verna as the reference and add up the cost of the extra features and specs, you'll get to just about these prices. Lesser prices would have only been possible if the current Verna is terribly overpriced, which doesn't appear so.
sith_lord is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:02   #413
BHPian

Guys i think the equipment that comes with the car price is justified.iam soo xcited to buy this car...had a troubleless time with my current verna.No car with current price tag gives u amazing engine,looks,features and most important afteir sales service.MY 15 lac civic dint have bells,the new verna offers.iam going to see the car in flesh in the evening,only dissapointment my side is lack of colors,would love to see red and blue color added.great car by hyundai.i dint like vento a bit..looks ok,but no features at all, no steering controls also arggg.
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:02   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
I don't see merit in most of the arguments made here on Verna's pricing. The prices make sense to me - just use the current Verna as the reference and add up the cost of the extra features and specs, you'll get to just about these prices. Lesser prices would have only been possible if the current Verna is terribly overpriced, which doesn't appear so.

+1 to that. Pricing looks sensible. Car is feature rich and way better looking than previous generations. My guess though is that waiting to see what Ford has to offer may be well worth it, both product and price wise.
skjlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:16   #415
SCH
BHPian

Petrol variants

1.4 L: Rs 699000
1.6 L: Rs 764500
1.6sx: Rs 824500
1.6sx (o): Rs 894500

Diesel Variants

1.4 L: Rs 809000
1.6 L: Rs 874500
1.6 sx: Rs 934500
1.6 sx (o): Rs 10.74 lakhs
SCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:17   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A let down by Hyundai on the pricing, imagine what the OTR in Bangalore would be!
Vento TDI is the way to go!

Cheers!
Whats the OTR for Vento in Bangy?

Even if ANHV is priced a bit higher, I guess many would go for it due to
1. All fancy bells and whistles
2. Waiting period (Vento has a huge waiting period I believe)
3. Hyundai A.s.s

Last edited by akhil_007 : 11th May 2011 at 14:20.
akhil_007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:23   #417
Senior - BHPian

Looks costly to me. Diesel 1.4 also going beyond 9 lacs on road in Pune.

In 1.4 only one model? What all features they are offering in that? Is it with Airbags, ABS? Also features like engine stop / start button will not be there for sure.

Top end diesel also looks very costly. It will go more than 12 lacs on road. Lets see how Ford prices New Fiesta. My guess is they will launch at lesser prices than Verna. Lets see
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:28   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Whats the OTR for Vento in Bangy?
9.3 L for TDI-HL ex showroom. IMO, Vento is a notch better.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:42   #419
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

VW will wait for Fiesta prices and will jack up its prices on Vento I guess

I think its time for manufacturers to include factory installed options for people to get what they want in their cars.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 14:46   #420
BHPian

Vento TDI HL's price seems to be about 7K less than Verna1.6 SX. Extras in Verna (over Vento) are automatic folding mirrors, 1" bigger alloys, BT/steering controls, auto door locking based on speeds, and Reverse sensors w/ camera
Extras in Vento are Steering wheel rake adjustment, rear AC vents, Passenger seat adjustment from rear and better driver seat height adjustment (?).

It's not clear if the following Vento HL features are available in Verna 1.6SX:
MID (average/instant mileage, temperature, speed limit, etc.), gear shift indicator and leather wrapped steering/gear knob/brake lever.

Overall, the prices of Verna and Vento look very much similar to me (with that 7K difference and a little more, once can get the parking sensors done and install a camera post-market in Vento).
sith_lord is offline   Reply With Quote