Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th May 2011, 16:41   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

In Pune, SX(O) Petrol manual costs 10.14 OTR...thats a good deal!!
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 16:49   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Got a call from advaith hyundai. It seems OTR cost for 1.4 petrol is 8.57.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishygk View Post
I for one am disappointed that the A/T version is only on the top end version why??, this makes the top end CRDI close to 12.75 in Karnataka . I was hoping Hyundai would offer the A/T on the lower end variants.

Now looking forward to the Fiesta and their pricing, hopefully will follow the Figo (aggressive)
Well, I think more than Hyundai, it Karnataka govt who is to blame. The prices in Bangalore are simply insane. I bought my car in Gurgaon (and paid RT of a full 1.5%)so completely understand the pain of ppl who buy it here.

On the topic though, I don't think the prices are ultra competitive though. They are on par. I think Hyundai has stopped competing on price now. It simply believe that its cars are good enough to take and beat competition head on

MY picks for the segment:

1. Petrol: ANHC (T-Jet if you are enthu types).
2. Diesel: Vendo TDI (Verna if you don't like the plain design; value features over quality)

Till the Fiesta launch, that is

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 11th May 2011 at 16:50.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 16:53   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
1. Petrol: ANHC (T-Jet if you are enthu types).
2. Diesel: Vendo TDI (Verna if you don't like the plain design; value features over quality)
+1. Lets await the Fiesta pricing now.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 16:59   #439
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

[quote=Abhi_Automobile;2347267]Well, I think more than Hyundai, it Karnataka govt who is to blame. The prices in Bangalore are simply insane. I bought my car in Gurgaon (and paid RT of a full 1.5%)so completely understand the pain of ppl who buy it here.

Agree with you there Abhi, I was just hoping that Hyundai would be one of the first to come up with A/T on lower variants and give an option for customers who want A/T convenience without having to pay for everything else (read leather, six airbags etc). I really envy guys in Gurgaon
vishygk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 17:08   #440
BHPian

I think Hyundai have just about priced it right. The OTR in Bangalore for Vento Tdi is 11.3 lakh, and looking at the prices, the OTR for SX(o) diesel Verna should be around 12.3 -12.5 lakh.

Now, For 1 lakh, you get so much more from the Verna. Better looks (atleast for me), More features, More Safety, More Power and a better service network. Even if VW had given all the features that the Verna offers, The pricing would be in the same range. So guess its on par. They have slotted it between the Cruze and the Vento.

For majority of people who do not have a very strict budget and are on a look out for a car in this segment, Verna will always appeal more even though its priced a lakh higher.

I see the sales going north from here for the verna. Like someone already pointed out, Hyundai don't mind pricing the car above its competitors (The i10 and i20 has an example) coz they know that the Indian market has matured enough to look for value than the final pricing. Give us a good all rounded product which is decent VFM, its will sell. Well done hyundai!
Kimified is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 17:29   #441
BHPian

Quote:
1.6L D SX O AT rs. 10.74
So my guess was correct. The Diesel SX(O) AT will be close to 13L OTR in bangalore. Its disappointing that they are not offering AT in SX model. We have to blame both Hyundai and KA govt for this high price. If I was looking for diesel manual I would pick Vento highline over Verna SX as Vento looks more VFM than verna now, and Vento looks (from front), handles better than Verna.

Me looking for only diesel automatic, I have to wait for Linea 1.6 MJD diesel Auto to see the price difference. If Linea's OTR is around 11.5L in BLR then I'll go for that.

I did a test drive of Vento AT last week and I recommend Vento over Verna anytime. Unfortunately, they are not offering diesel AT for now.
automaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 17:43   #442
BHPian

1.6 D SX(o) is Rs.12.52 lacs OTR in Bangalore.

Last edited by canonguy : 11th May 2011 at 17:44.
canonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 18:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
1.6 D SX(o) is Rs.12.52 lacs OTR in Bangalore.

I just got a confirmed price quote from the Blue Hyundai dealer for SX(O) AT. its...........................................13.62L OTR

I want to meet the people who buy this vehicle in Bangalore and take their interview

ANyway, this got dropped fom my list with out a TD.

Last edited by automaticfan : 11th May 2011 at 18:02.
automaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 18:08   #444
BHPian

Drove the new Verna sx(o) CRDI A/T , few points which i noted

- Car looks amazing and bigger than the old Verna
- Plastic quality could have been a bit better though its way ahead when compared to the old Verna
- The engine is very smooth, silent and feel's good to drive but lacks the punchy feel which the old Verna had , may be because it was an automatic
- The gearbox is OK. nothing special about it but good for city driving and the tiptronic is useful for the overtaking maneuvers on the highway
- The new Verna has some really nice colors specially the grey and the purple one.
- My wife complained that the back seats are too low and very uncomfortable
- Cant comment of the handling front cause i drove it on a straight road but the steering felt quite light
-Overall a good looking car with a smooth engine , i missed my old verna after driving this , man i used to love that engine

Last but not the least this is car is a bit too expensive according to me. The on road prices for 1.6 Crdi in hyderbad are
SX(O) A/T - 12.86 ( almost 13 lakhs for a verna you got to be kiddin me !! )
SX(O) - 12.03
SX - 11.0X ( this is the most sensible option if u seriously like the car )

I owned a 2007 verna which i sold a few months back but i doubt that if i would buy this car , it would have been in serious contention if it had a 6 speed A/T. i would rather wait for 5- months increase my budget and buythe new avante or the new jetta orelse settle down for a vento highline which is for 11.47 on road in hyderabad

Last edited by moose56 : 11th May 2011 at 18:14. Reason: forgot to add the location and few more points
moose56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 18:13   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
I just got a confirmed price quote from the Blue Hyundai dealer for SX(O) AT. its...........................................13.62L OTR

I want to meet the people who buy this vehicle in Bangalore and take their interview

ANyway, this got dropped fom my list with out a TD.
+1 for the interview part i was looking at the SX(O) manual diesel as an option but 12.5L is overpriced in my opinion, even with the plethora of features offered on the Verna SX(O).

At 1.5L lesser the Linea Tjet comes with a whole set of features too and its a steal for the enthusiast in me.. TJet, here i come
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 18:14   #446
BHPian

Just spoke to 2 nearby dealers. Both said they had the car for display but brochures, pricelists & test drives have yet to be initiated. One said that the brochure & pricelist should be available tomorrow & a test drive soon whereas the other said that all three will be available from friday mostly.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 18:27   #447
BHPian

Zappo/Mods, What is your take on the pricing?

Got a call from Samara Hyundai, Lajpat Nagar confirming that they have a display vehicle, however brochure and TD Vehicle would only be available after 2 days.
amit_2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:06   #448
Senior - BHPian

I just checked the vehicle today in Chennai and the pricing to me is little bit on the expensive side. Like KA, even in TN, vehicles costing over 10 Lakhs ex-showroom need to pay a road tax of 15% compared to 10% if it is less than 10 Lakhs ex-showroom. This means the OTR price of 1.6 D SX-O will be atleast a lakh and half more than Vento TDI HL which to me is definitely expensive. I was waiting for vento and thought, i can change over to verna SX-O, but the ex-showroom price played the spoilsport. 1.6 SX D is in the same bracket as vento with a few additional features, but then at this juncture, I would like to stay with my vento booking. I have requested for a TD, but dont think thats going to change my decision though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is that for Bangalore alone? How about other states?

Last edited by bala80 : 11th May 2011 at 20:07.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:12   #449
BHPian

Took out time to TD the vehicle but they said they have done the inauguration yet. Had a double about the visibility in the absence of the rear view camera and guess what, you cant see squat, the rear view camera is not a feature in this car, its a necessity. It will be impossible for one to park without the camera and the parking sensors. Although I felt that the camera is precise. But unfortunately with all the goodies, a good diesel engine, average handling, excellent looks both inside and outside, its not worth the price. It is almost touching the next segment. I think it will be better to buy the Cruze or the Laura instead of buying the top end 1.6 CRDi
sreejinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:16   #450
BHPian

In Delhi,

Verna-
Petrol 1.6 sx(o) at 8.95 L,
Diesel 1.6 sx at 9.35,

ANHC V MT-
9.1 L
A new price war for the C segment customer, friends. Hyundai plonking the Verna (P as well as D engines) right in the ANHC territory, the Fiesta around the corner (praying that Ford does a Figo again on the customer's wallets) and Vento picking up sales with Diesel.

I think Hyundai is quite aggressive with the prices. Look at the features and engines on offer at the price and compare the same with the competitors. Not to forget that this is a new model so has novelty value too. Add to that the Hyundai A.S.S. and I think the Verna will sell far better this time.
Delta Wing is offline   Reply With Quote