Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th May 2011, 20:35   #451
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I was waiting for vento and thought, i can change over to verna SX-O, but the ex-showroom price played the spoilsport. 1.6 SX D is in the same bracket as vento with a few additional features, but then at this juncture, I would like to stay with my vento booking. I have requested for a TD, but dont think thats going to change my decision though.
Bala, request you to take an extensive TD of the Verna SX-D. Do a comparison with the TD of Vento. Whichever car you select finally please let us know your criteria at arriving at your decision.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 20:44   #452
BHPian

Default the brochure

how do i upload the 5.4mb pdf? I just saw the limit as 3MB
Thanks

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CK3HkJEL
please find it uploaded here.

Sorry if this is against Team-BHP policy. Post reported by me to mods.

Last edited by optimist : 11th May 2011 at 21:12. Reason: added an alternate link due to the file size limitation.
optimist is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:04   #453
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: the brochure

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
how do i upload the 5.4mb pdf? I just saw the limit as 3MB
Thanks
That's good news Optimist. Have been eagerly waiting for the brochure all day long, Why don't you break the pdf into 2 (one of 3Mb & the other of 2.3 Mb) & upload each in separate posts. If you find it difficult you can pm & send it across to me & I can do the same.
Old 11th May 2011, 21:22   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Why don't you break the pdf into 2 (one of 3Mb & the other of 2.3 Mb) & upload each in separate posts.
Umm.. the thought of reading through 2 separate files did not go down well. So have a look at the previous post.
optimist is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:25   #455
BHPian

For 11.75L OTR Mumbai for SX(0) CRDi, this beast is gonna be too hot to handle. There was nothing good in the 10-13 category (OTR), but now have a car having six airbags, backed by Hyundai service, and featuring goodies that make it truly a good value.

One question, whats' the impact threshold for the side curtains to go off (xx kmph at yy angle)? I mean, its' not uncommon to get brushed by vehicles in Mumbai.

Also, carwale has taken out the Transform series, which means that the transform wouldn't continue a-la Fiesta Classic.

As a package, the new Verna is truly outstanding, round one to Hyundai, lets see whether Ford can land some punches in the right (price) area.

Last edited by Fornax : 11th May 2011 at 21:27.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:29   #456
Senior - BHPian

Sure Autoindian - Some initial impressions on checking the display car - petrol SX.

- Well built, nicely appointed interiors. I liked the feel of dash, looks very good. Switchgear and other plastic quality was also pretty good. Didnt like the wood finish console though.
- Instrumention console looks very good with blue backlighting.
- Rear view is pathetic, I thought vento is the worst in this aspect so far, but the new verna betters it! Rear windscreen width is too small and though camera/sensors help in parking, the rear view during driving isnt upto my liking.
- Seat height adjustment is again a joke - Just changes the angle of inclination and nothing else. Just cant understand why this feature wasnt provided even in the top end.
- Overall visibility levels in front and side were pretty good. Front visibility is better than the vento, since seats are placed a little high.
- Rear seat again is not upto my liking, thigh support sorely missing. Good legroom though.
- Front armrest on the door wasnt completely flat, but isnt a dealbreaker either. Adjustable driver armrest doesnt have a long travel range and hence its useless for people who are short in stature - like me.
- Steering feel should be same as i20, i beleive. Everyone knows how i20 is in terms of steering feel and feedback.
- I liked the sporty stance from the front, like the coupe like side profile, cant really make up my mind if i like the rear or not. Looks too bulky to me from some angles.
- Spare was a full size alloy.
- Gear lever for the top end petrol looks downright cheap. It doesnt have the chrome ring/finish that we see in the diesel version.
- Music system is average. Many may want to retain the bluetooth/steering controls and hence put up with the sound quality of the same!

Will update my driving impressions as i get to do a TD in a few days time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Bala, request you to take an extensive TD of the Verna SX-D. Do a comparison with the TD of Vento. Whichever car you select finally please let us know your criteria at arriving at your decision.
bala80 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:30   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Umm.. the thought of reading through 2 separate files did not go down well. So have a look at the previous post.
Fantastic Optimist , thanks once again. Good idea to upload it in Google Docs. It was difficult though to read it in Google Docs. I have downloaded the original. Now I can go through it at leisure.
Old 11th May 2011, 21:31   #458
BHPian

Thanks for the Brochure Optimist. was searching around for that. It really is a cool car. Looking forward to test drive it soon!
nacd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:36   #459
BHPian

Thanks a lot optimist for sharing the brochure. I think the pricing is quite good if all the feautres given are taken into account. Couple that with Hyundai's A.S.S this product will surely do good numbers. The 10-13 lakh segment was really nothing before this. I think this car will give Vento a tough competition. I hope Hyundai manages to keep the waiting period less and lure some of the Vento buyers. Some people are saying it is over priced. Well they say i20 is also over-priced and it is still doing excellent numbers. So I would not be surprised if Verna surpasses Vento in the coming months.

Last edited by Saanil : 11th May 2011 at 21:38.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 21:44   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
- Rear view is pathetic, I thought vento is the worst in this aspect so far, but the new verna betters it! |

- Rear seat again is not upto my liking, thigh support sorely missing. Good legroom though.
Agree with you. This rear thing puts me off when it comes to Verna design. Vento is worst?? I liked it a lot though the tail lamp could have been bettered

Rear seats of verna has very poor thigh support..even rear seat center portion has a little bumpy leather packing

On front visibility, for me it looks like both does not offer a great view

Confusion continues
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 22:20   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
I just got a confirmed price quote from the Blue Hyundai dealer for SX(O) AT. its...........................................13.62L OTR

I want to meet the people who buy this vehicle in Bangalore and take their interview

ANyway, this got dropped fom my list with out a TD.
Same here... I am not even interested in checking out the display car.

I didnt expect to get a diesel AT at a low price, but this goes beyond my wildest imagination

All that Hyundai had to do was to offer AT on SX. Hope Vento / Linea gives a diesel AT at a reasonable price, without the non-essential bells and whistles

Last edited by mohan41 : 11th May 2011 at 22:21.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 22:36   #462
BHPian

All the slideshows uploaded in the link below.
Note to mods: sorry the file size is too large and I am not able to use irfan. If not appropriate, may please, remove it.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2i...thkey=CIOc7ucM

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2i...uthkey=CPmrzzs

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CJnMiKML
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 22:54   #463
BHPian

VERNA FLUIDIC
Price list (Trident Hyundai Inr.) in lakh INR, ex-showroom.
1)VTVT 1.4: 7.08
2)VTVT 1.6: 7.74
3)VTVT 1.6 SX: 8.35
4)VTVT 1.6 SX(O): 9.06
5)VTVT 1.6 SX(O) AT: 9.77

1)CRDi 1.4: 8.2
2)CRDI 1.6: 8.86
3)CRDi 1.6 SX: 9.47
4)CRDi 1.6 SX(O):10.17
5)CRDi 1.6 SX(O) AT: 10.89

Features of-
1)Keyless Entry, FogLs, Clutch lock, rear garnish, body color mirrors bumper, handles otc., FR mudguards, Elec. RVMs with blinkers w/o elec. folding, 15" steel wheels w/ wheel covers, PWs, Manual AC, MP3 Cd aux usb 6 spkr audio, MID, Fabrics.

2)D-Airbag, ABS, Chrome AC vents, inner handles, faux wood, rear parktronic, armrest, defog, Height Adj. Front Seatbelts, Auto A/c w/ "cluster ionizer", steering mounted audio controls, Bluetooth handsfree, Tilt adj. (Driver seat),
Insurance between 25.5k to 42k (dealer) "RR Central armrest with box"

3)P-Airbag, 16" Alloys, Reversing camera (+ sensors), cooled glovebox, "RR Seat H/Rest - Up down *3 ", Optional DVD+Navi.

4)Side & curtain airbags, artificial leather seats and door trim, leather wrapped steering, Gear knob, chrom Outside door handles, art. leather console arm rest cover, Smart key w/ start button Steering lock

Road tax roughly 15%-16%.
"RTO bribe": Rs 6618.

(I've merged the features list with the price list for the convenience of TBHPians. I've taken the effort typed all this from two handouts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
. But unfortunately with all the goodies, a good diesel engine, average handling, excellent looks both inside and outside, its not worth the price. It is almost touching the next segment. I think it will be better to buy the Cruze or the Laura instead of buying the top end 1.6 CRDi
I do not agree with you, sorry. I honestly feel it is worth its price, esp. considering that the 1.6 CRDi base has the same features of the petrol ANHC, minus the passenger airbag, add rear parktronic, CD player & bluetooth for the same price of ~ 8.9 lakh! And the former has 6 gears & a diesel engine!!!!

BTW guys, I'm damn impressed by the "ANHV" that the only car I'll let my dad buy next will be a 1.6 CRDi :stupid
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 23:32   #464
Senior - BHPian

For those calling the verna overpriced, check out how much the city is priced at and how underequipped the city is. And please compare the ex showroom price, not the on road price. The verna is fantastically and competitively priced. Just what I expected, in the range of 7-11 lakhs ex showroom. And check the features that the SX-O comes with.
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 23:42   #465
BHPian

Sit in the new Verna, look back and imagine parking it without the rear view camera. Guys the rear view camera is not a feature for this car, its a necessity. Have you guys seen the quality of the plastic on the sides i.e. near the doors? I can grab and remove that entire chunk with one hand. I've only sat in the new verna 3 times so far so I dont know if judging it will be correct. But here is the thing every time I sat in the rear it screams out saying get out of here if you are going for a long drive.
sreejinair is offline   Reply With Quote