Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 12th June 2011, 17:20   #916
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I just got to know from my dad,that one of his friend's got a ANHV Crdi and the Gearbox failed on the third day
Please give the exact details of the failure? Which gears do not engage? This kind of failure is very rare and hence full details would be appreciated.

Cheers
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 20:23   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This puts a serious question mark on the quality tests. How did this faulty gearbox skipped the eyes of quality inspectors baffles me.
Not really. I guess itís too early for a judgment. As KPS mentioned, more details on the issue would be well appreciated
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 23:01   #918
Senior - BHPian

Dont have proper details.
But the car was properly parked at night,and in morning,just after it rolled out from home,none of the gears would engage and would create a grinding noise.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 03:12   #919
BHPian

Quote:
But the car was properly parked at night,and in morning,just after it rolled out from home,none of the gears would engage and would create a grinding noise.
that's a bad feeling for the owner for sure, please do ask your uncle and post more details.

Sounds like some lock mechanism for gear has failed, lets see if the car is replaced or repaired.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 05:24   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess this info isnt enough still. We need to wait and see what was the problem. Was it an automatic? What is the response from the dealer?
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 08:44   #921
BHPian

Friends, I have booked 1.6 SX CRDI 4 weeks back. The initial expectation was to have the delivery done within 4 weeks. Now, the dealer comes back and says the the SX CRDI variants delivery has been stopped due to a motor problem related to the "Electrically foldable outside mirrors" I would like to know if anyone has listened to the same story. I was just trying to find out whether the problem in genuine or the dealer is trying to play games to delay the delivery of the vehicle due to the high demand for SX CRDI variant. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
hydswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 12:28   #922
BHPian

So much has been said about the handling issue of 'ANHV', that I was wondering, is it really a deal-breaker? Then, I thought, I am never going to cruise above 100 Km/h so who cares about handling issue @ that speed. I have yet to TD 'ANHV', but unfortunately none of the dealers have a petrol one so I am going to wait.

Can we tag 'ANHC', Ford Fiesta (Old/New), Fiat Linea, VW Vento and other cars in this segement as 'The Perfect' ones ? IMO, no. Every car is suffering from some or the other issue but still managing decent sale numbers every month as per their reputation.

My kudos to all the members who have shown immense faith & trust in 'ANHV' and bought the car. Please accept my sincere thanks, as all of you have encouraged me and helped me to maintain a positive attitude towards 'ANHV', it's a different thing that I have also developed a passion for 'RD'( Renault Duster) and will take up the call in next 4-6 months between the two.

And yes, Year 2011 seems to be an excellent year for all of us.
ajaynaphade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 12:51   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
So much has been said about the handling issue of 'ANHV', that I was wondering, is it really a deal-breaker? Then, I thought, I am never going to cruise above 100 Km/h so who cares about handling issue @ that speed. I have yet to TD 'ANHV', but unfortunately none of the dealers have a petrol one so I am going to wait.

Can we tag 'ANHC', Ford Fiesta (Old/New), Fiat Linea, VW Vento and other cars in this segement as 'The Perfect' ones ? IMO, no. Every car is suffering from some or the other issue but still managing decent sale numbers every month as per their reputation.

My kudos to all the members who have shown immense faith & trust in 'ANHV' and bought the car. Please accept my sincere thanks, as all of you have encouraged me and helped me to maintain a positive attitude towards 'ANHV', it's a different thing that I have also developed a passion for 'RD'( Renault Duster) and will take up the call in next 4-6 months between the two.

And yes, Year 2011 seems to be an excellent year for all of us.
And after 4-6 months, you will have the ANHC relaunched with more features...so more options then!!!
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 13:21   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
And after 4-6 months, you will have the ANHC relaunched with more features...so more options then!!!
@pamishra,is it just a speculation about ANHC with more features? can you share more with us if possible?
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 15:00   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@pamishra,is it just a speculation about ANHC with more features? can you share more with us if possible?
Please refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ov-2011-a.html (Rumoured facelift and interior upgrades to ANHC (tentative launch Oct/Nov 2011))

Honda cannot officially announce anything so early otherwise it would impact their immediate sales...LETS WAIT AND WATCH...
pamishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 16:04   #926
BHPian

Now the competition is hotting up, Honda slashing prices of City by 65k officially. Effects of Vento and Verna.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-66-000-a.html (Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000!)
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 17:04   #927
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Friends, I have booked 1.6 SX CRDI 4 weeks back. The initial expectation was to have the delivery done within 4 weeks. Now, the dealer comes back and says the the SX CRDI variants delivery has been stopped due to a motor problem related to the "Electrically foldable outside mirrors" I would like to know if anyone has listened to the same story. I was just trying to find out whether the problem in genuine or the dealer is trying to play games to delay the delivery of the vehicle due to the high demand for SX CRDI variant. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
I believe the petrol variants also have the external mirror/repeater.
My dealer, Trident Hyundai Bangalore, mentioned that the current lag is 4-6 months. When I booked 8-9 days back, I was told 4 weeks.
sarcar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 07:27   #928
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I have booked 1.6 SX CRDI 4 weeks back. The initial expectation was to have the delivery done within 4 weeks. Now, the dealer comes back and says the the SX CRDI variants delivery has been stopped Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Regards.
I understand the the CRDI SX has the highest demand. Unfortunately all the 1.6 CRDi engines come from Korea and they are not been able to meet the demand. Production has been curtailed till the more batches of engines get delivered from Korea. Indications are that one must be prepared for August/September deliveries

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 09:59   #929
BHPian

Quote:
the dealer comes back and says the the SX CRDI variants delivery has been stopped due to a motor problem related to the "Electrically foldable outside mirrors" I would like to know if anyone has listened to the same story.
I believe the delay in the delivery of your car is due to non availability of the diesel engines. That is what I was told by HMP - Chennai for the delay in delivery of my car. I hope there are no issues pertaining to Electrically foldable mirrors.

Anyways, it seems Hyundai was not prepared for an overwhelming response for the Fluidic.
jk007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 12:07   #930
BHPian

Hans Hyundai in Delhi is communicating a wait period 5-6 months for the diesel variants and 1-2 months for the petrol variants.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote