Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 23rd June 2011, 16:24   #991
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
In Bangalore booking amount for CRDI is 1.5 Lac now. Also, can anyone please let know if there is air bag deployment ON/ OFF switch in Verna, if yes will it be possible to switch off only passenger side air bag?
I am pretty sure the verna has it since the I20 comes with that option. You use the key to manually turn the passenger airbag to off position.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:10   #992
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore booking amount for CRDI is 1.5 Lac now. Also, can anyone please let know if there is air bag deployment ON/ OFF switch in Verna, if yes will it be possible to switch off only passenger side air bag?
As per the sales rep there is no such switch. Also I went through the service booklet and was unable to find the mention of any such switch. But I guess we can control the same by removing the respective fuse from the fuse box if needed....
fluidic_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:52   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
As per the sales rep there is no such switch. Also I went through the service booklet and was unable to find the mention of any such switch. But I guess we can control the same by removing the respective fuse from the fuse box if needed....

PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IF YOU LOVE YOUR AND YOUR CO PASSENGERS LIFE.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 08:17   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, can anyone please let know if there is air bag deployment ON/ OFF switch in Verna, if yes will it be possible to switch off only passenger side air bag?

What is the purpose of deactivating the passenger side airbag?, IMO, there would not be a switch as such as it is a safety feature and would need an indicator to warn whether the airbag is activated or not.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 08:47   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
What is the purpose of deactivating the passenger side airbag?, IMO, there would not be a switch as such as it is a safety feature and would need an indicator to warn whether the airbag is activated or not.
Sometimes passenger side airbags need to be deactivated for safety reasons (even though airbag by itself is a safety feature). Normally it is required when a child is made to sit in the front seat, or if you have a rear-facing child seat attached to the passenger seat
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:09   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Normally it is required when a child is made to sit in the front seat, or if you have a rear-facing child seat attached to the passenger seat

Isn't having a child in the front passenger seat a violation of the saftey norm in passenger cars?

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:22   #997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't having a child in the front passenger seat a violation of the saftey norm in passenger cars?
It is not a safety voilation. Child seat fitment is legal on front passenger seat (normally done as rear-facing). And I donít think India have any rules on this, but normally children (under 12 years) in front seats are on allowed on exceptional basis Ė for e.g.; you need to monitor the child constantly due to health reasons.

I think we are going a bit OT here. If you have more questions, maybe this discussion can continue in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ian-roads.html (Child Safety, and SAFE driving on Indian Roads)
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:45   #998
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
No! Its not! In USA & Europe, if one need to take infant in front seat then they should disable the passenger airbags for safety reason. If this is not possible, then infant should travel in back seat! This is the reason most OEM give passenger airbag switch off possibilities in all recent cars. However in India its the different thing! Child safety isn't criteria for Indian OEM!
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:45   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
Yes, as many have suggested may be when child is seated on passenger seat it air bag may have to be deactivated. However for me the reason for deactivating the same would be if I would be driving solo. If I was planning a long distance drive solo I would like to rather keep passenger side airbag off since its deployment will be of no purpose.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 15:35   #1000
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I am pretty sure the verna has it since the I20 comes with that option. You use the key to manually turn the passenger airbag to off position.
Unlike the i20 no such facility is there in the Verna. I physically inspected the car and could not find it

Cheers

Here are some more pictures of my car, ANHV CRDi SX. Have done 865 kms including one long distance drive. Got an FE of 15.62 on the highway. However, these are early days and after the more runs will know the correct FE

Name:  DSC03245.JPG
Views: 8967
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  DSC03246.JPG
Views: 8149
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  DSC03247.JPG
Views: 4401
Size:  61.1 KB

Cheers

KPS

Note from Support: Back to back posts merged. Please use Edit post button if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th June 2011 at 12:45. Reason: see note
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 18:17   #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Would anyone have FE figures for the Fluidic A/T diesel - city and highway separately? Most interested in this variant.
Mine is 13.5Km/L.
The car though had on 20th May'11 is just driven 610 km so far and all is in city as i was out of country in between.
Shall let know Highway FE soon as plans to go to Kasauli (HP) from Delhi shortly.
sanjay suri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 19:49   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations KPS. Carbon grey looks absolutely smashing on the verna and please post some better resolution pictures of your car inside/out.

When you get an opportunity, please do write about your ownership experience. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Here are some more pictures of my car, ANHV CRDi SX. Have done 865 kms including one long distance drive. Got an FE of 15.62 on the highway. However, these are early days and after the more runs will know the correct FE

Cheers

KPS
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 22:10   #1003
BHPian

Wow KPS... The car is looking awesome. Congratulations!! Do post some more pics. Also did you get sunfilm on your Verna? Please let me know which sunfilm looks good on the same as I happen to share the Verna color with you :-) Also did you get the seat covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post

Cheers

KPS
fluidic_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 21:27   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay suri View Post
Mine is 13.5Km/L.
The car though had on 20th May'11 is just driven 610 km so far and all is in city as i was out of country in between.
Shall let know Highway FE soon as plans to go to Kasauli (HP) from Delhi shortly.
Thanks very much Sanjay! Will await your update with interest. 13.5 is just about acceptable I guess, in town.
I did check at Popular Hyundai yesterday - of course the figures they quoted were much higher (and to be taken with a pinch of salt).
At 11.9 L on road in Cochin 'tis a tad expensive - and my enthusiasm was dampened somewhat.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 00:51   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks very much Sanjay! Will await your update with interest. 13.5 is just about acceptable I guess, in town.
I did check at Popular Hyundai yesterday - of course the figures they quoted were much higher (and to be taken with a pinch of salt).
At 11.9 L on road in Cochin 'tis a tad expensive - and my enthusiasm was dampened somewhat.
For an 1.6 AT, I thought 13.5 was rather good. Especially before it's first service.

Wilful, if you are not particular about AT, consider the Optra diesel. There is a lot of discussion on it and some other Diesel sedans at the Spacious Diesel Sedan thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-upto-12l.html (Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan upto 12L) - (Initially it was upto about 9L)

Last edited by Poitive : 26th June 2011 at 00:54.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote