Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th June 2011, 11:34   #1036
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But I'm not sure if trying that on your friend's new car was a good idea! I would have liked to see your colleague's reaction when you did this

Actually he's the one who insisted me to do so!!
He was so excited that he explained each and every part of the car like a salesman. He wanted to show the 'gear shift indicator' in the MID. He couldn't get it while he drove. Me neither!! . It worked while revving-up, but not when you drive at low speed, top gear.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:22   #1037
Team-BHP Support

The sales staff at Orion Hyundai claim the cars from next batch will not come with Bluetooth system. Any information on this?
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 14:42   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The sales staff at Orion Hyundai claim the cars from next batch will not come with Bluetooth system. Any information on this?
I talked to Hyundai folks at Hyundai motor Plaza and they deny this fact. Not sure why these rumours are popping up. The bluetooth system in New Verna works flawlessly and sound quality is too good.
fluidic_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 10:56   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
Verna now seems to be going the Swift and Dezire way. 8 Months waiting for Diesel variant !! Just goes on the show where the market is heading.

Hyundai, if you are reading this, Pls Pls Pls get the i10 in Diesel variant
Hyundai To Hike Verna Production In India | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Quote:
“In order to cater to the strong demand, we are trying to increase the production to help us reduce the waiting period and clear the backlog of bookings at the earliest,” Arvind Saxena, Hyundai India, Director, Marketing and Sales, said.
Quote:
The company does not want to keep customers waiting, nor do they want cancellations which would be an advantage for its competitors
to Hyundai. That is the music to ears for the guys who is in the waiting list of Hyundai Verna.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 11:00   #1040
BHPian

^^ now that is something the a prospect MS Swift buyer wishes to hear. But the strong statement from Hyundai is quite encouraging . Kudos, Hyundai !!

Verna sales figures are now set to break records !!
dar3dev|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 13:11   #1041
BHPian

Guys, I finally managed to Test Drive a Verna. Does that qualify for congratulations?

It was a part of my What-Car process, so have posted the Test Drive experience on the threads I started for that.

A proper writeup in the Driven! thread on the TD section here
[Please feel free to use the above thread for comparisons between various diesel sedans (say, under 12L)].

A point wise post in the Spacious Diesel Sedans thread here (Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan upto 12L)

Overall it was a car with ample positives, though it had it's share of strong negatives too.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 16:40   #1042
Senior - BHPian

This is a very nice gesture from Hyundai and I for one really appreciate this a lot. I wish them good luck.

It is beyond me why VW cannot make a similar statement about the insane waiting periods for the vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Hyundai To Hike Verna Production In India | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

to Hyundai. That is the music to ears for the guys who is in the waiting list of Hyundai Verna.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 17:31   #1043
Senior - BHPian

^^ I do not see what is so great about this statement. They have stated the very obvious - more demand so we will try and meet it. What will be done to increase production / cutback on production of other models / even an overview of their strategy etc has not been shared. Methinks this is a hollow statement and we must not read too much into it.

OT - I also remember Maruti coming up with a full page newspaper ad (long back), literally apologizing for the wait period on the Swift and making promises to drastically bring down wait periods et all. Anyone want to comment on how "little" one has to wait before they get their hands on a DDIS Swift?

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 1st July 2011 at 17:34.
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 18:42   #1044
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Urban Nomad here , a mission statement does not mean anything significant - whats been stated is the obvious ! Increasing production of a complete car is more complex than just jacking up assembly line capacity , the vendors also have to be geared up - and any capacity expansion for the OEM suppliers means more capex which in this environment of costly bank funding is not easy . ( and thats a much simplified version of the complexity )
That aside , I don't think Director Marketing and Sales is really a competent authority to speak about increase in production capacity - either the Director Operations or MD & CEO's statement would have been more believable and trust me , I am not nitpicking here - thats how chaebols function and I don't think it has undergone any India specific change.
The statement is nothing more than buying time to cope with the huge demand, productions swings take months to actuate .
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:39   #1045
BHPian

I had taken delivery of my car, a white 1.6 CRDi SX Verna RB, this Monday. And I am loving every bit of it. Will try and put up the ownership report soon. Until then some pictures of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20110701_010645.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20110629_213309.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20110629_213449.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20110701_010655.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-img_20110701_010557.jpg  

jk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:31   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
I had taken delivery of my car, a white 1.6 CRDi SX Verna RB, this Monday. And I am loving every bit of it. Will try and put up the ownership report soon. Until then some pictures of my car.
Congrats JK! It is always a pleasure to get a new car. And then to get a car which has just been launched must feel even more special. That too at a time when people have to wait for long periods to own this car. Even difficult to get a descent TD of it.

I recently TD it. Was a very easy to be, sort of car. Recommended for comfortable city drives, especially if one is in the front two seats.

Wishing you many happy miles (or should we say kilometers now ).
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 22:47   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Congrats JK! It is always a pleasure to get a new car. And then to get a car which has just been launched must feel even more special. That too at a time when people have to wait for long periods to own this car. Even difficult to get a descent TD of it.

I recently TD it. Was a very easy to be, sort of car. Recommended for comfortable city drives, especially if one is in the front two seats.

Wishing you many happy miles (or should we say kilometers now ).
Thanks Poitive. Have started a new ownership thread. Feel free to add your views in that thread as well.
Old 4th July 2011, 10:57   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
Thanks Poitive. Have started a new ownership thread. Feel free to add your views in that thread as well.
Congratulations ! The car is looking really good in white.

The maximum number of new Vernas I have seen in Delhi are white. Could only spot 1 black.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 11:02   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Congratulations ! The car is looking really good in white.

The maximum number of new Vernas I have seen in Delhi are white. Could only spot 1 black.
Thank you! It has been a week since I got my lovely Verna. I am loving it. I have seen all colours of the Verna in Chennai. Looks awesome in white and black. Silver and Carbon grey also look good on the car. It is definitely a looker.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:28   #1050
Senior - BHPian

There was a message posted by hyundai in today's hindu newspaper (chennai edition), acknowledging the 20,000 bookings and the waiting period, they had also mentioned about the increase in production and effeciency to bring the waiting period down.

People who have booked and are waiting for delivery should feel pretty comfortable on hearing this.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote