Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 16:34   #1051
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
There was a message posted by hyundai in today's hindu newspaper (chennai edition), acknowledging the 20,000 bookings and the waiting period, they had also mentioned about the increase in production and effeciency to bring the waiting period down.

People who have booked and are waiting for delivery should feel pretty comfortable on hearing this.
Same here in Pune. TOI & local dailies in Marathi carried a quarter page ad mentioning the same.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 17:51   #1052
BHPian
 
fluidic_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 30
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Same here in Pune. TOI & local dailies in Marathi carried a quarter page ad mentioning the same.
Confirming the same from Delhi/NCR as well. Hope Hyundai convert their words into credible action..... Looks like its ANFS effect now
fluidic_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 17:58   #1053
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
Confirming the same from Delhi/NCR as well. Hope Hyundai convert their words into credible action..... Looks like its ANFS effect now
True, but will have to wait for 10 more days as it is almost confirmed now that the official launch of the New Fiesta is on 14th July. I sincerely pray & hope that Ford undercuts the Verna & Vento for equal variants. Then it would be game on. Then the other two would scamper & bring in some goodies or the least they can do is cut down on the waiting period. That in itself would be a big relief.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 19:23   #1054
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidic_fan View Post
Confirming the same from Delhi/NCR as well. Hope Hyundai convert their words into credible action..... Looks like its ANFS effect now
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I sincerely pray & hope that Ford undercuts the Verna & Vento for equal variants. Then it would be game on. Then the other two would scamper & bring in some goodies or the least they can do is cut down on the waiting period.

Is this a masterstroke?

Now now, after all this wait and frustration with Ford for the 'delayed' launch, this could be Ford's masterstroke. When Verna and Vento have lined up bookings. Ford seems to be lining up cars.

There is talk about Ford (hopefully) delivering initial bookings in a few weeks. They seem to be aiming for very aggressive pricing (based on Mustang's recent post on the Ford thread). They have a very Fuel Efficient car on their hands. Is likely to be more driver friendly than most others. Both those factors work very well in a cost driven market like India. Fiesta is also high on gizmos. Most reports also suggest that it is acceptably spacious. The Verna's rear bench isn't exactly a good place to be in, and if Fiesta is better on this poor benchmark, 'Bingo' it may be!

My guess is that a lot of people waiting for the Vento, would have moved to booking the Verna (at least initially - now Verna's waiting is probably more). Verna may face the same from Fiesta. Vento too should feel it, given they are the more driver oriented cars in the market.

Verna may have taken the cake with 'bookings'. Ford may take it with 'delivering' the cars! This is getting interesting


Last edited by Poitive : 4th July 2011 at 19:25.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 06:34   #1055
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,085
Thanked: 551 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
There was a message posted by hyundai in today's hindu newspaper (chennai edition), acknowledging the 20,000 bookings and the waiting period, they had also mentioned about the increase in production and effeciency to bring the waiting period down.

People who have booked and are waiting for delivery should feel pretty comfortable on hearing this.
I think you are talking about this ad that came in today's newspapers. As I said before, I am just loving the way in which Hyundai has built up their brand starting from the i10, then moving up to the i20 and now the Verna. Even though all these models are priced a little higher than competitors, a combination of good looks, feature-laden high-quality interiors and Hyundai's after sales back-up have ensured that all these three models are best-sellers.

All of you who have booked a Verna and waiting for the car now have to start pushing your respective dealers for a quicker delivery date.

(Image Courtesy: Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India)
Attached Images
 
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 13:13   #1056
BHPian
 
p'arth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Finally Hyundai has started distributing the FV to the World Cup winning team, starting with Sehwag and Chawla.

Hyundai presents 'New Fluidic Verna' to Virender Sehwag and Piyush Chawla
p'arth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 18:58   #1057
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,843
Thanked: 3,203 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I have completed 1000+ kms on my Verna CRDi SX. Enjoying my ride so far and very happy with the experience so far.

Feed back on supposedly "deal breakers"

"Rear Seat is very low" The coupe style design make the rear seating low. If two adults are seated at the back, both can very comfortably sit. Over the last 5 years I can recollect may be 2-3 journeys with 3 in the rear. As per me this is not a big problem as mostly women sit in the rear and any woman of average height can sit very comfortably. Yes seating 3 over long journeys may not be very comfortable but this is not a deal breaker

"Handling issues over 120 kms" Most of the time I laugh when I read this comment. People who TD the car rarely are able to drive over 120+ to make such a judgement. More importantly our highways are not safe at 120+ what ever may be the car, hence driving at 120+ is risky in any car.

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 6th July 2011 at 19:09.
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 19:21   #1058
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I have completed 1000+ kms on my Verna CRDi SX. Enjoying my ride so far and very happy with the experience so far.
Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Can you please share the link of your ownership thread, if you have started one

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Feed back on supposedly "deal breakers"

"Rear Seat is very low" The coupe style design make the rear seating low. If two adults are seated at the back, both can very comfortably sit. Over the last 5 years I can recollect may be 2-3 journeys with 3 in the rear. As per me this is not a big problem as mostly women sit in the rear and any woman of average height can sit very comfortably. Yes seating 3 over long journeys may not be very comfortable but this is not a deal breaker
to certain extent. In my family too 95% of the times the rear seat is occupied by ladies (measuring @ 5'3"), so the rear seats of the Verna won't be much of a concern for them. Only hitch is that the window line is very high up which can give a claustrophobic feeling. Did you ever get such a feeling?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 21:45   #1059
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,843
Thanked: 3,203 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Only hitch is that the window line is very high up which can give a claustrophobic feeling. Did you ever get such a feeling?
Not really. No one has complained either. My colleagues and family have all traveled in the car at various points and no one has even made a mention of the same. Since I am in the drivers seat most of the time, I cannot personally say much. I did travel 100+ kms in the rear seat, but I was alone in the rear.

When I first saw the Santro at its launch I swore to myself I will never buy such an ugly car. Guess what in 1999 I bought the Santro DX because of the features like PS, Rear Wiper, Defogger, Fog lamps etc. Frankly over a period of time you just get over your inhibitions.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:27   #1060
AAK
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nasik / Pune
Posts: 21
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Excellent review.
Awaiting the price declaration
The 6-speed gear box is really a treat. I should have waited
I dont think you have made a wrong choice....
the torque Vento has is awesome...you can drive the vehicle in the 3rd cog virtually at any speeds...believe me...its not possible in verna....njoy the car you have...its worth more than verna...
AAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 09:34   #1061
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 432
Thanked: 346 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
I dont think you have made a wrong choice....
the torque Vento has is awesome...you can drive the vehicle in the 3rd cog virtually at any speeds...believe me...its not possible in verna....njoy the car you have...its worth more than verna...
True that. I just fell for the Verna interiors. The information you mentioned above is perfect. I'm having an awesome time with the vento
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 15:55   #1062
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,843
Thanked: 3,203 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK View Post
I dont think you have made a wrong choice....
the torque Vento has is awesome...you can drive the vehicle in the 3rd cog virtually at any speeds...believe me...its not possible in verna....njoy the car you have...its worth more than verna...
You are wrong buddy. The 6 speed gear box is just awesome. The car is perfectly geared for the city traffic and 3rd cog is as good if not better for the city driving conditions. On the highway on the 6th Gear @ 2000 rpm it hits a speed of 105-110 kmph At 1500 RPM she clocks 80-85 kmph.

I would not like to comment which of the two cars is better. Being a owner of the ANHV makes me very proud and I believe I have made the right choice

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 16:33   #1063
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,868
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
You are wrong buddy. The 6 speed gear box is just awesome. The car is perfectly geared for the city traffic and 3rd cog is as good if not better for the city driving conditions. On the highway on the 6th Gear @ 2000 rpm it hits a speed of 105-110 kmph At 1500 RPM she clocks 80-85 kmph.KPS
The 6th gear in the transmission enabling the car to cruise at 100kmph with the rpm needle hovering around the 2K mark is the greatest USP of this car. I seriously doubt if any other car in this segment has the 6th cog. On long highway drives the Fluidic would definitely be on diet. I wonder what FE it would give if you drive @ 1500 RPM, 6th gear, 80-85 kmph. KPS please share with us the FE figures, I am very eager to know these.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 14:03   #1064
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 295
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

I just wanted to know what the dealer does after a booking has been done. We booked the Verna on the first of June and were told to be ready by the 21st. Till date there is no news of the vehicle being allotted against our booking.

The new reason given by the SA is that the company has asked the dealers to sell 10 i10s and only then will 1 Verna be dispatched to them. The owner of this dealership is a friend of my dad. But he is just saying that we have a lot of bookings and will try to get you the vehicle as soon as possible.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 20:58   #1065
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 742
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
"Handling issues over 120 kms" Most of the time I laugh when I read this comment. People who TD the car rarely are able to drive over 120+ to make such a judgement. More importantly our highways are not safe at 120+ what ever may be the car, hence driving at 120+ is risky in any car.

Cheers
KPS
Though I agree 120kmph is not a safe speed on indian highways, its not about the handling at 120kmph. Try doing even 70-80 on an undulating surface (the roads have these chunks of tar accumulated because of overloaded trucks and this is where it can get very scary) and see how the car bobs. I say this because I own a Ford (fiesta 1.4TDCi) & a hyundai (i20 crdi) and Ford is way ahead of hyundai when it comes to suspension and steering.
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 387 5th July 2016 11:49
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks