Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 6th August 2011, 13:56   #1156
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Poor experience with dealer

My Verna diesel auto was booked with Advaith in May. The initially promised delivery was July. In June, I called to check on the status, they said, "Oh, you don't know? Verna deliveries are delayed." It was indicated that it would be around end July, early Aug.

When I called in end July, they said, most probably in Aug. Today I decided to visit them and find out first hand as I didn't have any clear delivery date. The sales manager spoke to some people in Hyundai and elsewhere and then expressed surprise on the phone and said, "3 months more?". Finally, I was told that I would get a clear picture on 8th Aug about the delivery of the diesel auto. I don't know why they were waiting for me to come to find out.

When pressed for the reasons for such inordinate delay, even though my booking was one of the earlier ones, I was told that it was because Hyundai is delivering only 3 auto transmissions for the whole of South India every month. I asked them then how would it be possible to deliver the car even after 3 months and they had no answer. I also told them that I could understand the waiting period being 6 months for new bookings, but how could an older booking be pushed from 2 to 3 and then 6 months (which is also not certain)??

I also brought to their attention other dealers delivering cars booked in May, why the problem only here? I was told that they are the largest dealer, so they have more bookings. So does that mean I should have gone to a smaller dealer and got faster delivery?

I need help from you guys on the following:

1) Is there anything I can do if they say delivery is now 3-4 months more?
2) Is there anyone here who booked an auto diesel and got it in 1-2 months? Anyone from Blr?
3) Do you think I should cancel and consider something else? I am incurring a lot of expenses on my wife's Matiz, around 5,000 a month, which badly needs to be replaced. I was planning on giving her my Accent once I got my Verna.
4) Is it worth escalating this problem to any consumer forum?

My major grouse is the poor communication from their side. Their sales rep stopped answering my calls and every time I spoke to them, a new delivery schedule was given. I am also getting a strong feeling that a queue system isn't being followed and others may be getting their vehicles in preference for some reason.

Your inputs would be very helpful in deciding my further course.
incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 17:57   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator

My major grouse is the poor communication from their side. Their sales rep stopped answering my calls and every time I spoke to them, a new delivery schedule was given. I am also getting a strong feeling that a queue system isn't being followed and others may be getting their vehicles in preference for some reason.

Pressure should be mounted relentless on these guys. They will always give you excuses and contradict it later. Think this way, you have sold your car after having booked ANHV in may. What would you do???. I did that. I booked SX CRDi manual 1.6 on may 20, after having sold my old verna to Trident. Promise of delivery pushed from may end to June to july. In between pursued them every alternative day calling SE, SM, GM, even visited the branch every week(it is on my way home). Took the delivery on 15 July.
shenoytech is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 19:39   #1158
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
4) Is it worth escalating this problem to any consumer forum? Your inputs would be very helpful in deciding my further course.
Try contacting Hyundai's regional office. It might help you. Also keep checking with other dealers about the availability of an Auto Diesel. If anyone has then go ahead and buy from them. You could try to get it even from other cities if you are ready to take it on a temp registration and are ready to get the registration done on your own.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 00:58   #1159
BHPian

Hi All !

Waiting for my white 1.6 CRDI SX after booking it on 01/06/2011. On Verna, August issue of Autocar says " the steering calls for repeated inputs to keep it on course". How true is this? I did not feel it while TDing the car though I could take the car upto 110 kmph only. Autocar verdicts should be considered very seriously IMO. Kindly comment as it sounds very ugly for a 10 L car & could spoil the driving experience.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 01:40   #1160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
"the steering calls for repeated inputs to keep it on course". How true is this?
The answer to this question, quote simply, is...

Quote:
I did not feel it while TDing the car though I could take the car upto 110 kmph only.
So there you have it !! Worry not.

Quote:
Autocar verdicts should be considered very seriously IMO.
Are you kidding me? You believe Autocar or even Team-BHP over YOUR OWN test drive experience?
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 04:05   #1161
BHPian

I hear that the production of the automatics has temporarily stopped due to some kind of supplier problem at the hyundai plant, is this true?

booked a diesel automatic on may 17th, paid full booking amount to convey seriousness......still no car.....
nishantmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:30   #1162
BHPian

Quote:

2) Is there anyone here who booked an auto diesel and got it in 1-2 months? Anyone from Blr?
3) Do you think I should cancel and consider something else? I am incurring a lot of expenses on my wife's Matiz, around 5,000 a month, which badly needs to be replaced. I was planning on giving her my Accent once I got my Verna.

Dear incinerator, Similar experience with my booking as well. These dealers generally play games. I booked my car mid May and was able to get the MT 1.6 CRDI SX by mid July. They deliver the cars to people who influence because of high demand. I lodged a complain on Hyundai India website, which helped a little bit.

Go to Hyundai India website
Customer care -> Customer contact
You will see a table 'Enquiries and Feedback'
Under Feedback -> Click on Sales (Grievances related to pre and post delivery of new vehicle)
Fill in the form
Note: Under Area of Feedback, select 'Delivery Commitment'

You might get a response from the south regional office. Ask them very clearly on the delivery date. This is one way of bringing some pressure on the dealer. Based on their feedback you can decide. Hope this will help you. All the best.
hydswift is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 15:40   #1163

Quote:

[/quote]

in principal with Incinerator, me too facing similar situation of my booking for 1.6CDRi SX black with Sankey Rd Trident Hyundai dealer. Booked on 2-Jun-2011 was assured of delivery by June end, based on this assurance I sold my present car also.

Follow ups with SE on last week of June resulted in expression of helplessness on dealers part telling that they had assured me based on Hyundai's word of sending them required No of cars.
SE then tells that Hyundai is having production constraints due to over booking and pointed to the news paper clipping, also told that I will be getting a personal mail from Hyundai company regarding the delay.

No mail from Hyundai, no response from dealer, no car to travel, this is my current situation.

Last week visited the showroom and asked them to be transparent on vehicle allocation process and he showed me the spreadsheet in their system on the waiting list, for black cars alone there are around 25 and mine is on No8 slot, and he has still not got update from Hyundai on the chassis & Engine No allotted to me.

Sales Manager has now assured that it will definitely see the car before Aug end & living with that hope now.

I have decided to follow more rigorously from this weekend by weekly visits and once in 2 days phone calls.

Request friends here to suggest next steps, also anymore TBHP Bangalore friends in similar mode, can we network and follow up?

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2011 at 19:16. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares. It results in a formatting error.
Dr GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 16:16   #1164
Senior - BHPian

My friend who had booked it with a dealer in chennai, complains about similar behaviour from the sales chaps. The calls arent answered/returned and there is no proper communication from the dealers on the waiting period. This arrogance stems from the fact that there are 20000 (and counting!) pending bookings for the car and from here on - it will sell on its own - No real effort required from their side. I encountered a similar behaviour from the VW salesfolks during the period that I waited to buy the Vento and I beleive this human behaviour is fairly common irrespective of the brand/manufacturer.

Sometimes to give these chaps the benefit of doubt, there are customers, who are unreasonable, demand/shout when nothing is in direct control of these salesmen, and there are others -who use their influence/money power/contacts to get ahead in the queue. Having said that, I beleive thats the challenge in the role which they need to learn to manage and that is no excuse for ignoring calls/communication with genuine people. Its a matter of self-pride to me, if I see someone repeteadly ignoring me.

I read there is going to be some allotment news from hyundai on 8th of Aug and till then patience is the key, its a very good car and hence this was only expected!

Last edited by bala80 : 8th August 2011 at 16:17.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 13:56   #1165
BHPian

The dealer had promised to get back to me on 8th Aug and finally sent me a mail in the eve after I called. The mail says,

"Dear Sir,

This is with reference to your booking of new fliudic verna 1.6 SX CRDI AT sleek silver booked with us on 21/5/2011 , Due to the shortage of supply, we are sorry to say that We are unable to give you the commitment on the delivery date.

We regret for the inconvience caused."

Now what does that mean? No clue at all as to when the car will be delivered? What if I get the car after 5 years? This reminds me of my dad telling me about the waiting lists for Premier Padminis and Bajaj scooters. Maybe we should start ads like TOI has been doing about the delay in the Blr metro.

I'm in a fix, don't know if I should cancel. The other alternatives don't feel as good to me.

I will take your suggestions of constant follow up, going to their website, etc., but how will this work without any target date in site? I feel quite let down by a customer centric (till now) company like Hyundai. They are excellent planners, can't believe they spent so much on the launch build-up and are now in this kind of a situation. I just hope success doesn't spoil them and they end up taking customers for granted.
incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:45   #1166
BHPian

This appears to be a letter from the dealer and not Hyundai. What email address did you receive this from? Email Hyundai directly with your grievance and I'm sure you will get a better answer.

Quote:
I'm in a fix, don't know if I should cancel. The other alternatives don't feel as good to me.
As for cancelling your booking, I would suggest you against it. You've already waited a couple of months. If you cancel it now and go for another car you will get a funny feeling in the tummy every time you see a Verna pass by. I'm just speculating here

What I would suggest is to find out from multiple dealers if anyone can give you a delivery guarantee. If they can, cancel from this dealer and take your business to the people who can guarantee delivery. Either ways I don't think you'll have to wait longer. I heard that deliveries should start mid august.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2011, 11:31   #1167
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Truly understand your situation. I was in the same fix a couple of months back. Around early June, I booked the car and promised 4 weeks delivery time. 4 days later, having read about delays I called up the salesperson, who spoke about a 5-6 months wait. I cancelled my booking and went for a different car because I really needed a car and had already spent a lot of time looking at different cars (Approx 2.5 yrs ). The dealer, Trident Hyundai, BLR, was very nice about the cancellation (they didn't bother ;-)

Your situation could be different, but consider this -- today you don't know how much you will have to wait. That's not a good position to be in.

Looking into the future, hope Hyundai scales up their service infrastructure to meet the success of the i20 and Verna and at the same time, be able to give the Verna customers a premium treatment.
sarcar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 07:39   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator

Hi. Write letters addressed to head of sales and marketing, (names not required, designation will do). Send it by registered post to their head office - am sure you can manage the address. Write confidential on the letter so that it goes straight to the right people. Mention your issues in the letter and ask for compensation. Additionally, you may take a print of this team-bhp page and attach to your letter... Let them know the damage you can do to their image.

All the best !
an10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 23:53   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Dear incinerator, Similar experience with my booking as well. These dealers generally play games. I booked my car mid May and was able to get the MT 1.6 CRDI SX by mid July.
From which dealer did you get your car. I am facing similar issues with KUN. Infact the reason that I booked this car from KUN is because they promised faster delivery when compared to other dealers around.

Last edited by NikhilReddy : 13th August 2011 at 00:20.
NikhilReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2011, 12:46   #1170
Senior - BHPian

There were some news of allocation details available on 8th August from Hyundai. Do any of our members who have booked have any details around this?

Im looking for this piece of information for one of my colleagues. Thanks.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote