Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 23:13   #1261
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
@cog:Waiting period was 3 months & 4 days for the Diesel. Reasonable enough in my opinion.
Congrats on receiving confirmation on your new Verna. The waiting period has seems to have come down drastically in your case. In Chennai (40 kms from Hyundai factory), the dealers have printed announcements saying 6-7 months delivery for Diesel.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 00:56   #1262
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats on receiving confirmation on your new Verna. The waiting period has seems to have come down drastically in your case. In Chennai (40 kms from Hyundai factory), the dealers have printed announcements saying 6-7 months delivery for Diesel.
Do not think distance from dealer to company has got anything to do with the deliveries of the car.
All that matters is how much allotment the dealer would have got and how much amount of booking the dealer would have made initially with the company.

The moment he get alloted its hardly a matter of 3-5 days to deliver the car from company to dealer.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 08:06   #1263
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Do not think distance from dealer to company has got anything to do with the deliveries of the car.
All that matters is how much allotment the dealer would have got and how much amount of booking the dealer would have made initially with the company.

The moment he get alloted its hardly a matter of 3-5 days to deliver the car from company to dealer.
I agree. What i meant is not the transit time, but Hyundai seems to want their dealers to under promise (6 months waiting period) and over deliver (3 - 4 months).

I was contemplating buying a Verna and with good contacts in one of its dealers in Chennai. Everything changed after the TD, but what i was told is that Hyundai numbers the orders received for the Verna leaving no control of the dealer on allocations.

Last edited by MAS : 1st September 2011 at 08:10.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 10:09   #1264
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

When I had gone for the TD, the SA told me that we say that it will take 6 months to deliver, but we really do expect to be able to deliver in 4. Was probably a part of some sales strategy.
Poitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 14:53   #1265
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,847
Thanked: 3,223 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Verna numbers for August confirms that the car is really doing well. The failure of Ford to strike the right cord with the NFF means that waiting period will be still long for the ANHV. We saw the impact of the ANHV on the Vento waiting periods which is down drastically especially in the North. I guess the waiting period for ANHV will too come down as Hyundai corrects the imports delays especially for the diesel and the general slow down should help reduce the waiting time.

The numbers for August

Cars Units Dispatched
ANHV 4211
Vento 3019
City 5819
NFF 401

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 19:44   #1266
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Verna numbers for August confirms that the car is really doing well. The failure of Ford to strike the right cord with the NFF means that waiting period will be still long for the ANHV.
And for the Vento too. Except in the north, waiting periods are going up all across the country unfortunately.

Quote:
Cars Units Dispatched
ANHV 4211
Over 17k new Verna(s) delivered by Hyundai in the last 4 months, and we have hardly two or three ownership threads of the new Verna on T-BHP. Are no TBHPians buying the Verna?
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 19:48   #1267
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Over 17k new Verna(s) delivered by Hyundai in the last 4 months, and we have hardly two or three ownership threads of the new Verna on T-BHP. Are no TBHPians buying the Verna?
Have you forgotten the greatest force exerted on mortal men? No, its not women. Its laziness Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.

You can always ask specific questions here and you will get specific answers. But ownership threads are too much work..
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 20:53   #1268
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,847
Thanked: 3,223 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Over 17k new Verna(s) delivered by Hyundai in the last 4 months, and we have hardly two or three ownership threads of the new Verna on T-BHP. Are no TBHPians buying the Verna?
Seeing the number of Vento Ownership reports I initially thought that I should start one on my ANHV. But somehow it did not feel I would be adding additional value other than bragging rights if I started my own ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.
You can always ask specific questions here and you will get specific answers.
+1, Through this thread we can share all our experiences. Any new buyer would look at this thread.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:15   #1269
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Have you forgotten the greatest force exerted on mortal men? No, its not women. Its laziness
Well, don't have an answer to that!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Plus everything that has to be said has been already mentioned. If something new crops up someplace, we pitch in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Seeing the number of Vento Ownership reports I initially thought that I should start one on my ANHV. But somehow it did not feel I would be adding additional value other than bragging rights if I started my own ownership thread
I disagree guys. Over here, a car buyer would get mostly a unanimous decision - 20% provide feedback after actually testing out the car, while 80% just carry forward the opinion. For e.g. the high speed stability issues of the car.

An ownership thread gives you an individual's outlook about the car - you can choose to agree/disagree, and take the argument forward - at times you discover a lot more about the car through such discussions - case in point the thread (Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks) on Vento.

And this current thread's been quite silent for the last few days.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 21:32   #1270
BHPian
 
Tassem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
An ownership thread gives you an individual's outlook about the car
To be honest, I've been meaning to start an ownership thread for a few days now. But could just not find the time to write an interesting one with pics to boot.

Plus I feel that doing research, sifting through various threads and finding that 20% of useful info you mentioned is half the fun of the whole buying exercise.

If you've noticed, every time somebody has asked a specific question about the Verna without buying the hogwash being published, its always been answered. But there will always be complaints about it not being the perfect car.

To be honest, I personally know three other Verna owners and none of us have any complaints about the car except for the scraping issue. As far as I'm concerned, we need to blame the government for the pathetic roads than taking car manufacturers to task.

Last edited by Tassem : 6th September 2011 at 21:35.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2011, 07:24   #1271
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian
 
KPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,847
Thanked: 3,223 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Like the VW Vento are we seeing a difference in the waiting periods between North and South?

What are the waiting period in North for the CRDi? I guess in South the waiting periods are 4-6 months depending on colour and model. Auto tranny seems to be the most difficult.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 14:47   #1272
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

For some wondering about the wait times:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Booked - May 7th (1 week before official launch)
Delivered - Sep 9th

The SE confirmed today that all bookings made before the car was launched are now complete (New Delhi). Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
wolfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 18:14   #1273
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Tell me you are joking, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
bala80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 18:22   #1274
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 820
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
For some wondering about the wait times:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Booked - May 7th (1 week before official launch)
Delivered - Sep 9th

The SE confirmed today that all bookings made before the car was launched are now complete (New Delhi). Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
1 year for diesel verna????? U serious, is this across all dealerships or with the dealer where you have booked your car.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2011, 18:49   #1275
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,676
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
For some wondering about the wait times:

Verna 1.6 Diesel
Booked - May 7th (1 week before official launch)
Delivered - Sep 9th

The SE confirmed today that all bookings made before the car was launched are now complete (New Delhi). Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
I know aleast 2 people who booked their Verna in April and got their car in July. Till last week, the waiting period in Chennai was 6 months with an unofficial delivery period of 3 to 4 months.

Çongrats on your drive buddy, but I guess your SA has told you 1 year to make you feel better.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review Stratos Official New Car Reviews 387 5th July 2016 11:49
Hyundai Verna 1.5 CRDi Diesel Automatic Test Drive - My Views VSG12777 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 12th January 2011 10:43
Hyundai Verna(VGT) test drive(torture drive) tsk1979 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 3rd October 2008 20:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:54.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks