Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th September 2011, 11:15   #1276
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I know aleast 2 people who booked their Verna in April and got their car in July. Till last week, the waiting period in Chennai was 6 months with an unofficial delivery period of 3 to 4 months.

Çongrats on your drive buddy, but I guess your SA has told you 1 year to make you feel better.
Booking in April means the booking was made 2-4 weeks before the car was launched, and the delivery still took 3 months. As far as Delhi is concerned, the dealer is not even accepting any bookings for the Diesel Verna (Deep Hyundai, Dwarka).
wolfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 15:20   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
For some wondering about the wait times:

Current wait times are 1 year for Diesel and 2.5-3 months for Petrol.
I feel that is pretty inaccurate and could be dealer specific. I booked the petrol 1.6 SX(O) for my dad a month ago and the car has already been allocated, the order processed and the delivery is scheduled in 20 days. Delivery time for a diesel still stand at 5-6 months here in Navi-Mumbai.

I do have another question for you guys. When I went to pay the full amount yesterday, I was told that the price of the Verna has been increased by 5.5k. Is this true as I have not seen anything being mentioned about that.

Although I have paid the entire amount (considering 5.5k is not a hugh increase as compared to that of the Vento) I still want to know if this is something which is dealer specific or have Hyundai incresed the prices on the sly?
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 16:33   #1278
BHPian

Took delivery of my Verna CDRI 1.6 SX White on 05/09/2011 from Utkal Hyndai, Bhubaneswar. Had booked the car on 01/06/2011.

On 07/09/2011, unfortunately on highway the car hit a dog & the front bumper, right guard around the front wheel, motor for spraying water on the front glass etc. were damaged. Got the car repaired by way of fibering & painting of half the bumper. Bill Rs. 2700/-. The motor was not available in stock. Would cost approx. Rs 1,200/- more. Car is now fine, but without the motor.

I got my NCB( 50%) carried forward from my old car to new one. Thus saved Rs 10.5 K. On road price came to 10.30 L. Break up:

Ex Show room- 9.61 L
Registration & road tax- 0.51 L
Handling charges- 3 k
Insurance- 15 k

Yet to receive the registration details & papers from the dealer. Delivery process was very smooth.

Done 920 km so far. Overall experience is very good. So called poor GC & poor handling appears to be a non-issue to me for which I was very worried. Thanks BHPians for your earlier advice, which made me stick to the car. ( was confused between Verna CRDI & New Swift DDIS). Only problem I face is while I park & take out the car from my rented house. Not a permanent problem as I will be transferred to some new place after one & half years after.

Have driven most part under 2000 rpm. Momentarily took the car to 140 KMPH, took turns at 100 kmph without any problem. FE on TFM was 16.9, seems to be on the lower side. Expected more considering very sedate driving. The niose level in side the cabin & outside was more than what I had expected. At 2000 rpm@6th gear, however, it is difficult to tell that you are in a diesel. The car does approx. 110 kmph at the above combination.

Few querries plz:

1. How to read the instant FE? The graph flactuates continously & do n't stay stable.
2. What is the running in period of the car, max. rpm/speed recommended by the manufacturer.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 18:58   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Took delivery of my Verna CDRI 1.6 SX White on 05/09/2011 from Utkal Hyndai, Bhubaneswar. Had booked the car on 01/06/2011.
Congratulations on getting your car CP. Good to know that you stuck to your booking & went for the Fluidic SX model. Your waiting period was just over 3 months, which is good.

Quote:
On 07/09/2011, unfortunately on highway the car hit a dog & the front bumper, right guard around the front wheel, motor for spraying water on the front glass etc. were damaged. Got the car repaired by way of fibering & painting of half the bumper. Bill Rs. 2700/-. The motor was not available in stock. Would cost approx. Rs 1,200/- more. Car is now fine, but without the motor.
Very unfortunate indeed. You are lucky that the damage was limited to the bumper & water pump. Hope you don't get even a small scratch for weeks & months to come.

Quote:
I got my NCB( 50%) carried forward from my old car to new one. Thus saved Rs 10.5 K. On road price came to 10.30 L. Break up:

Ex Show room- 9.61 L
Registration & road tax- 0.51 L
Handling charges- 3 k
Insurance- 15 k
Smart move to carry over your NCB. The Registration & road tax seems very low in Bhuwaneshwar. Here in Pune I was quoted close to 85K on an ex-showroom price of 935K

Quote:
Done 920 km so far. Overall experience is very good. So called poor GC & poor handling appears to be a non-issue to me for which I was very worried.
Please start your ownership thread asap & share loads of pictures. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your Fluidic
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 21:24   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Verna CDRI 1.6 SX
Congrats! Welcome to the Fluidic Club!

Quote:
How to read the instant FE? The graph flactuates continously & do n't stay stable.
It's not stable cause you're on the instantaneous fuel consumption screen. Go back one screen and it will show you the average consumption. Remember to reset it to zero when you tank up. You can do this by pressing and holding the trip button while on the average consumption screen.

Pressing and holding the trip button on different screens has different functions. Try it.

Quote:
What is the running in period of the car, max. rpm/speed recommended by the manufacturer.
Hyundai diesel mills are pre run in from the factory and as such does not specify a run in period. However, do not redline it for the first 5000km just to be on the safe side.

Do remember to work the gears across the RPM range.

Try not sot stick to one gear for extended periods of time at least for the first 2000km. Hyundai doesn't ask you to do this, but its good nevertheless.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 21:44   #1281
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Remember to reset it to zero when you tank up. You can do this by pressing and holding the trip button while on the average consumption screen.
Tassem buddy you got it wrong. Once you fuel up more than 6 liters and move the car at a speed exceeding 1 km/h, the average fuel consumption will be cleared to zero (See page 6:39 of the manual)

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2011, 22:24   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Once you fuel up more than 6 liters and move the car at a speed exceeding 1 km/h, the average fuel consumption will be cleared to zero
Ahh.. I didn't know that. I'm still in the process of discovering what else this car can do. To be honest, up until a few days ago I did not know that it had what some people call memory locking. Where you can press the lock button and leave the car as your passengers exit. The car locks itself as soon as the last open door is closed. And I accidentally stumbled onto the fact that the windows operate for 30 seconds after you've turned the car off and have taken the key out.

Quote:
(See page 6:39 of the manual)
Manual? What manual?
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 00:18   #1283
BHPian

@ Tassem- I do n't agree that instanteneous FE will flactuate that violently as it does in my car. eg. even while travelling on NH at 100 kmph constant speed on 6th gear, the FE graph continuously flauctuates between nil to 30 km/lit to nil & so on... Fail to understand this. Is it a fault with my car? Under that condition, this should show a relatively stable reading of 18-20 km/lit or so.
Old 11th September 2011, 07:16   #1284
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
. To be honest, up until a few days ago I did not know that it had what some people call memory locking. Where you can press the lock button and leave the car as your passengers exit. The car locks itself as soon as the last open door is closed. And I accidentally stumbled onto the fact that the windows operate for 30 seconds after you've turned the car off and have taken the key out.
Quote:
I did not know that I must try it. Thanks Tassem
Manual? What manual?
Owners Manual

Cheers
KPS
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 11:59   #1285
BHPian

One strange thing I find in the audio system is ; when I keep the fader control at the centre, where it should be ideally, the rear speakers are hardly audible. I almost hear the front speakers only. I have to adjust the fader control to R6 level to have a somewhat balanced sound output from both front & rear speakers.

Is it that way in all fluidics or it is specific to my car only?? Please clarify this.
Old 11th September 2011, 12:06   #1286
BHPian

Please start your ownership thread asap & share loads of pictures. Wishing you thousands of happy (s)miles with your Fluidic[/quote]

My usage will be very limited, say 10k max. per annum, thus feel I can't do justice to a ownership thread. Will post some pictures soon for sure.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:51   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
@ Tassem- I do n't agree that instanteneous FE will flactuate that violently as it does in my car. eg. even while travelling on NH at 100 kmph constant speed on 6th gear, the FE graph continuously flauctuates between nil to 30 km/lit to nil & so on... Fail to understand this. Is it a fault with my car? Under that condition, this should show a relatively stable reading of 18-20 km/lit or so.
The instantaneous fuel economy is not calculated just from throttle input. Here's a good explanation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
MIDs in modern cars report consumption figures calculated by the injection ECU (there are lots of ECUs in a car like Camry). The injection ECU calculates petrol consumed by summing up injection time from EACH injection. The injection time is how long the injector was kept open for 1 stroke; rail pressure is assumed constant. Total Injection Time, multiplied by the reference volume / unit time (calculated in the vehicle test lab using ultra-accurate instruments), gives the petrol consumed over a period of time. Divide the distance traveled during the same time (this comes from the transmission) by the petrol volume, and one gets the 'X litres / 100Km.' figure.

The petrol consumed as measured by the ECU is accurate down to microlitres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Owners Manual

Cheers
KPS
Lol KPS, I was trying to be funny by saying that real men don't read manuals. Sort of a spin off of real men don't need directions.

Quote:
One strange thing I find in the audio system is ; when I keep the fader control at the centre, where it should be ideally, the rear speakers are hardly audible. I almost hear the front speakers only. I have to adjust the fader control to R6 level to have a somewhat balanced sound output from both front & rear speakers.

Is it that way in all fluidics or it is specific to my car only?? Please clarify this.
This is how my fluidic is too. Unless its on R6, you can barely feel rear fill. Upgrading the speakers with AMP and adjusting the gain for the rear or going for tray ovals would be the best fix - If its bothering you a lot. It bothers me a lot! The Verna HU has pre outs for front/rear (Thanks to Mathranik for confirming that), so upgrading to an AMP is possible with the stock HU.

Last edited by Tassem : 11th September 2011 at 13:53.
Tassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 22:19   #1288

Default Test Driven-Verna Fluidic CRDI SX(O)

I managed to get a test drive of the all new Hyundai verna 1.6 top end CRDI SX(O) today, since the launch of this car I was very keen to take her out for a spin, just to see how the Koreans have responded to the growing completion from the Vento’s and the other diesel sedans.

Looks:

The car looks stunning from all aspects the front has these very newly shaped “L” Shaped fog lamps, eagle shaped bulging headlamps the all new design, the fluidic nature of the overall design is just stunning, the sharp lines flows from the sides and blends nicely to the rear of the car giving her a nice and sporty looks, the rear lamps of the car have the reverse lamps, indicators blended into one complete unit which is very impressive, the dual chrome exhaust pipe adds to the sporty image of his car. Fair to say that this new chick from the Hyundai stable is a great looker and demands a second look.

All rite before I keep on drooling to the looks of this car, lets move on to the other aspects.

Drive:

The showroom was only having 1.4 variant for the TD’s but I was very keen on having the 1.6 CRDI for the test drive, so the showroom guys asked me to wait for an hour before they get the 1.6 for the TD, after waiting for an hour there comes the 1.6 in silky silver for the TD, I immediately grabbed the wheels and turned on the ignition, its came to life with a very decent purr…!! I was expecting a great deal of diesel clatter but to my surprise the engine was very quiet and hard to tell that the unit is a diesel motor, I adjusted the seats as per my driving style and slotted the first gear to get her moving, the diesel unit has VGT, there is not a great deal of turbo lag and the car feel quite spirited, but once you hit 2000 RPM it goes like wooohhhh……!! It comes to life and feel like a rocket which responds very well to every moment of your right foot, it is so much fun driving her the engine feels happy to be revved and gives a feel that there is a lot of juice in this car, the steering is very light and responds very well to every input from the driver like a obedient machine, I wanted to see how she behaves on the bad roads and potholes on the Delhi roads, guess what after some heavy rains recently I didn’t had to try hard to find such a road, so there we are, she does soak all the bad roads very nicely the suspensions are tuned to suit the Indian conditions, just when I was enjoying driving this car the sales guy interrupted as we approached the showroom, I must say it was one hell of a experience driving this car, I feel like getting one for myself..
abhi_k007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 23:13   #1289
BHPian

Uploading few pictures taken today:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06039.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06042.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06044.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06046.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06047.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06048.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06049.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06051.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06052.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06053.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06054.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06055.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06056.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06057.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06058.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06059.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06060.jpg  

Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review-dsc06061.jpg  

Old 11th September 2011, 23:42   #1290
BHPian

Amazing photos. Man, the side profile and the lines carving upwards....Mindblowing!!
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote