Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th October 2011, 18:43   #1351
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitchhabra View Post
I think that Vroom Barabar! has already found a solution to the problem here (Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review)

wish we could get further details from him about what was really done to the suspension at Orion Hyundai.
Sorry for posting so late, was extremely busy for the last few months, hence didnt get time to reply to the queries.

As per my service advisor, there is something called as RM in the suspension setup which they have tweaked and have supposedly tightened a few screws there. That is what has been told to me. Mind you, I have very little knowledge on car mechanics.

Things have improved. But a few days back I experienced the same loud thud noise when i went over a large pothole, though it is not that consistent now.

Ask your dealers to consult the guys at Orion Gurgaon. Hope this helps.
Vroom barabar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 19:25   #1352

Thumbs down Re: Hyundai Verna : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
Sorry for posting so late, was extremely busy for the last few months, hence didnt get time to reply to the queries.

As per my service advisor, there is something called as RM in the suspension setup which they have tweaked and have supposedly tightened a few screws there. That is what has been told to me. Mind you, I have very little knowledge on car mechanics.

Things have improved. But a few days back I experienced the same loud thud noise when i went over a large pothole, though it is not that consistent now.

Just one more thing.. Did the service advisor admit that the loud thud was abnormal and the fix was for that or was it done to generally fix the boatiness and improve handling?
ankitchhabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 11:03   #1353
BHPian

Hi All,

Did my first service at NIL cost. Made a head light upgrade to Philips 100/90 W & the improvement is felt. Cost 290/-. Want to make a audio updrade without damaging any of the original fittings. To start with I am contemplating with rear speaker upgrade alone. As I Understand, the rear speakers are of 6" size. Has any body changed the rear ones alone without changing any thing else & has the improvement in output substantial? At present I almost do n't feel the existence of rear speakers. Even when the fader is adjusted to the rear alone, the sound output is rediculous to say the least. My doubt is if the HU output is adjusted that way so as to have weak output from the rear speakers or are the speakers culprits?

In my last long trip of 660 km, a mix of HN ( 500 km.) & city ( 160 km.), got an FE of 16.1 km/lit from my SX CRDI( tank full method) with 100% AC. NH speed was 100-120 kmph most of the times. Expected little more. Hit a top speed of 170 kmph on speedo for few seconds. Feel that a speed of 130-140 kmph is very much doable & can be hold through out.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 13:51   #1354
Senior - BHPian

And assuming , since you have not specifically mentioned it , that you were happy with the performance , stability , ride and handling of the car at those speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hit a top speed of 170 kmph on speedo for few seconds. Feel that a speed of 130-140 kmph is very much doable & can be hold through out.

Thanks
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 16:06   #1355
BHPian

@ puchoo- Not at 170 kmph which in any way scarry enough a speed, but happy till 150 KMPH. I think that's enough for our conditions. We seldom find roads where we can drive at a speed more than that. The beauty is I can reach from 120 kmph to 150 kmph in no time where other stock cars at similar price except Magnum and Vento diesel would struggle. Even at 150 kmph the cabin is silent & I do n't really feel the speed. I find no issues with so called not so good stability & handling of the car till 150 kmph. Ride for rear passangers on undulated roads is the only problem IMO at > 100 kmph.

Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 16:15   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Just one more thing.. Did the service advisor admit that the loud thud was abnormal and the fix was for that or was it done to generally fix the boatiness and improve handling?
I told him all the problems including the loud thud. The fix was not specifically for the sound.He said that I was the first to report such a thing and inspected the vehicle. Though didnt take a test drive. Once the work was done, I test drove it and was happy with the change.
Vroom barabar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 15:17   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
I have also been facing a similar issue with my 1.6 CRDi Sx Fluidic. Even on speeds in the range of 40-50, if I go over a small pothole I hear a loud thud kind of a sound. This happens mostly from the front suspension.
Same here, the sound only comes if I hit a bump at high speeds and its always from the front right side, never from passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post

Will probably have this checked at 5k service. Still havent touched 2k so quite some time. The noise comes maybe once a week so fairly rare and low priority for me right now.

Quote:
Hi All,
Did my first service at NIL cost. Made a head light upgrade to Philips 100/90 W & the improvement is felt. Cost 290/-. Want to make a audio updrade without damaging any of the original fittings. To start with I am contemplating with rear speaker upgrade alone. As I Understand, the rear speakers are of 6" size. Has any body changed the rear ones alone without changing any thing else & has the improvement in output substantial? At present I almost do n't feel the existence of rear speakers. Even when the fader is adjusted to the rear alone, the sound output is rediculous to say the least. My doubt is if the HU output is adjusted that way so as to have weak output from the rear speakers or are the speakers culprits?
My first service is done too, total cost 0.0

Did you get the headlight upgrade from the dealer or after market?

Will share details and pics of ICE upgrade I have planned for this weekend, the horrid OEM speakers have to go!
wolfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 15:28   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Thank for that clarification and information!! Yes , if its good enough till 150 it definitely exceeds my requirement , i wont be pushing it more than 120 99% of the time. good to read this!

Quote:
@ puchoo- Not at 170 kmph which in any way scarry enough a speed, but happy till 150 KMPH. I think that's enough for our conditions. We seldom find roads where we can drive at a speed more than that. The beauty is I can reach from 120 kmph to 150 kmph in no time where other stock cars at similar price except Magnum and Vento diesel would struggle. Even at 150 kmph the cabin is silent & I do n't really feel the speed. I find no issues with so called not so good stability & handling of the car till 150 kmph. Ride for rear passangers on undulated roads is the only problem IMO at > 100 kmph.

Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 19:33   #1359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did my first service at NIL cost. Made a head light upgrade to Philips 100/90 W & the improvement is felt. Cost 290/-.
Did you add a relay too ? Doesn't look like from the cost you mentioned. Or is it not required to add a relay in new Verna. If there is no relay already present, it will be good to add a relay to the lighting system - Will help you from any undesired incidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thank for that clarification and information!! Yes , if its good enough till 150 it definitely exceeds my requirement , i wont be pushing it more than 120 99% of the time. good to read this!
Yep - I would hold on to 120 kmph for my drive. I will never take to 150 kmph unless the car is so bl**dy composed at those speeds.
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 19:59   #1360
Senior - BHPian

yep and roads being capable of allowing those speeds as well which is the other major concern sometimes and its hit well before the 'safe' boundaries of the car.

Rear seating will live with - i am going to be on the drivers seat so its not my problem anyway , but most of our highway driving is not going to have the rear seats occupied so its fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Yep - I would hold on to 120 kmph for my drive. I will never take to 150 kmph unless the car is so bl**dy composed at those speeds.
Old 11th October 2011, 20:50   #1361
BHPian

@wolfff: I did head light upgradation( philips 100/90 w) after market. The service advisor at the dealer was against it & had advised me to stick to the stock bulbs ( halonix-60/55 w).

@ Swifttnfurious: No relay installed. The mechanic did not advise for it.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 11:20   #1362

The beige colored faux leather seat cover on my SX(O) is slowly changing its shade to brown after 5 months usage. I was planning to get a darker shade leather cover done. I was in doubt as to whether putting the new seat cover will create an issue for the side air bags. I had a word with two dealers here in Trivandrum. While one immediately said NO and that it should not be done, the other dealer said there are no problems in doing it. To add to my confusion, in team-bhp's XUV5OO review, there was a statement like - 'Side airbags. XUV5OO comes with strict instructions - Do NOT install seat-covers:'.

Could someone please shed some light on this? I would rather have my car dirty than hamper with the functioning of the airbags.
manumike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 12:31   #1363
Senior - BHPian

You shouldn't install any aftermarket seat covers when you have side airbags. Avoid the dealer who said no problem to you, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Your owner manual will describe this, please check.

As far as seats getting dirty, get an interior detailing job done, it should be back to its original color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike

Could someone please shed some light on this? I would rather have my car dirty than hamper with the functioning of the airbags.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 13:12   #1364
Senior - BHPian

That is quite early , can you put up some images for reference? Is it the quality or simply that they have got exceptionally dirty over the last few months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
The beige colored faux leather seat cover on my

SX(O) is slowly changing its shade to brown after 5 months usage.
Old 15th October 2011, 13:39   #1365

There is absolutely no problem with the quality as such.

Couple of days ago, a small collision with a speeding bike had damaged my driver side ORVM and scratched and dented my driver side door. I had given my car for fixing the mirror and doing the paint work to a Hyundai dealer. It seems like while the car was in the workshop, someone drove the car in their workshop uniforms without covering the seats. When I took delivery of the car after the paint job, the driver seat was very dirty and greasy...kind of black in color. When I bought this to the notice of the serivce advisor, he admitted it was their fault and tried to clean it using some solution. Unfortunately, that made it more messy and made the whole sitting area dirty. As Bala said, I will either get the car detailed or get a leather cleaner and try to get it cleaned up. All the other seats in the car are still very clean.

The driver side ORVM had to be replaced and it cost me 4.9K. I have covered close to 8K kms on the car and journey has been very good so far.
manumike is offline   Reply With Quote