Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:23   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Buy it from Punjab & re-register it in KA, btw I heard that you can re-register for each 2 years or pay lifetime tax at one go in KA inspite of registering it in another state.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:03   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

I just happen to go through the March edition of Autocar India magazine today and guess what the price of Fluence E4 diesel was 17.79 on road Bangalore. Almost same as the price they are offering now after discounts. Earlier I have seen this strategy in other products only where we don't really keep the prices of thing in mind like say footwear. Jack up the price and then give discount there by attracting many unsuspected buyers. If you see the original price now with out discount is almost into the Laura - Jetta territory. Can Fluence really compete those two directly with the smaller engine? I guess ideally the Bangalore on-road price shouldn't be more than 16 Lakhs.
alexanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:40   #318
BHPian
 
mohandasnikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish
I just happen to go through the March edition of Autocar India magazine today and guess what the price of Fluence E4 diesel was 17.79 on road Bangalore. Almost same as the price they are offering now after discounts. Earlier I have seen this strategy in other products only where we don't really keep the prices of thing in mind like say footwear. Jack up the price and then give discount there by attracting many unsuspected buyers. If you see the original price now with out discount is almost into the Laura - Jetta territory. Can Fluence really compete those two directly with the smaller engine? I guess ideally the Bangalore on-road price shouldn't be more than 16 Lakhs.
Well engine size isn't the only point of reference for segmenting cars. I do have both the Jetta and Fluence and wouldn't think they are in different segments. I do realise that the Fluence is now quite expensive after the price hikes, but the Jetta price has also has gone up equally if not more.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 00:09   #319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Well engine size isn't the only point of reference for segmenting cars. I do have both the Jetta and Fluence and wouldn't think they are in different segments. I do realise that the Fluence is now quite expensive after the price hikes, but the Jetta price has also has gone up equally if not more.
By the way Mohandas, how do you compare the diesel clatters in Jetta and Fluence? I remember some of the video reviews talking about Fluence's distinctive whistle sound, though I haven't got a chance to hear that myself? Probably this comes at higher speeds. Most importantly since you own both, how do you rate the comfort levels when it comes to NVH levels of both cars?
alexanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 10:35   #320
BHPian
 
mohandasnikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanish

By the way Mohandas, how do you compare the diesel clatters in Jetta and Fluence? I remember some of the video reviews talking about Fluence's distinctive whistle sound, though I haven't got a chance to hear that myself? Probably this comes at higher speeds. Most importantly since you own both, how do you rate the comfort levels when it comes to NVH levels of both cars?
The Fluence engine definitely feels more strained than the Jetta's which affects the NVH levels. So yeah the Jetta is much better than the Fluence on that count. But overall comfort in terms of space and ride quality is much better in the Fluence. Simply put, if you are driving yourself, the Jetta is the car to go for, and if you are being driven around it is the Fluence that is the better (and cheaper) option.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 18:19   #321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
The Fluence engine definitely feels more strained than the Jetta's which affects the NVH levels. So yeah the Jetta is much better than the Fluence on that count. But overall comfort in terms of space and ride quality is much better in the Fluence. Simply put, if you are driving yourself, the Jetta is the car to go for, and if you are being driven around it is the Fluence that is the better (and cheaper) option.
Finally after a lot of too and forth calls the I could test drive Fluence today. Though I have driven it in it's earlier engine tuning this is the first time I drove it after the re-tuning is done. What a change. Its really easy to drive now, though I too felt the heaviness in the clutch a little bit but I guess it should be fine as I see you can manage with out much change of gear in traffic as 3rd gear drive-ability is really nice. Above all what this time I tried to find was the ride and comfort. I totally agree to your point here, the ride is very good and very comfortable in bad roads. I took it to a very bad stretch and it proved worth the effort. One thing I noticed especially in the absence of thud sound when potholes and hit. There is no booming sound either. Though I haven't driven much of a cars I can say this is the best I have see in bad stretches.
One thing I was all along trying to find was a comfortable seating position. Somehow I was not in a comfortable seating position. Is it because I am used to WagonR's upright seating position? I tried to increase height, move the seat back but somehow I was a little bit uncomfortable. Not very much to complaint about but still. Is it because the thigh support for driver seat is a little short?
I tried to reach higher speeds but because we were inside the city and the traffic was high I could reach up to 110 KM only on a short stretch for a few seconds. At higher speeds also it behaved quite well under control and the brakes are effective too.
For a moment I thought may be even E2 is just fine for me. I am not too into the features like climate control or Leather seats. The discounts on E2 is a meager 15K which makes the final on-road price for E2 5K short of 16 Lakhs. The E4 price as I have pointed out earlier is 17.71 Lakhs after the 1.2 Lakh discount. Another point that the sales guy wanted to prove was the ownership cost or parts price comparison with respect to Jetta and Laura. According to the list he has, except for break pads every thing else like headlight assembly, break light assembly, front and rear bumpers and break disks costs less compared to Jetta's and Laura's. Not sure if he just handpicked only those parts which are less costly in Fluence.
alexanish is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 08:32   #322
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,699
Thanked: 3,891 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
I have a 2011 July diesel Fluence E2. Everything has been fine. But for now, due to certain health issues, I need to have an AT car. Various options were considered. Finally Renault dealer has come with an offer. They have an unsold 2011 nov petrol AT. The deal is , for my car they would give 10lakhs and in exchange I can get the petrol Fluence for 14.75 . This seems to be their final offer after much negotiation. My driving has also come down to less than 1000 Kms. What is the opinion of the members ?
Thanks in advance
Does that mean you are getting the new E4 petrol for 4.75 lakhs? If so, I guess it’s a good deal.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 18:41   #323
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Checked again on Fluence prices with dealers in Bangalore, no change, no "year end" deals expected. Dealers seems to be super happy with Duster sales...

I am afraid this great car will be so sidelined that even spares will become a challenge!
Ajith-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 23:36   #324
BHPian
 
mohandasnikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s
Checked again on Fluence prices with dealers in Bangalore, no change, no "year end" deals expected. Dealers seems to be super happy with Duster sales...

I am afraid this great car will be so sidelined that even spares will become a challenge!
The papers had an offer for 1.4lakhs off on the Fluence in Mumbai today. Could be the E4 model and might include Exchange Bonus. Haven't checked up on the same.
mohandasnikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 00:02   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mumbai, MH
Posts: 499
Thanked: 177 Times
Post Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
The papers had an offer for 1.4lakhs off on the Fluence in Mumbai today. Could be the E4 model and might include Exchange Bonus. Haven't checked up on the same.
I saw the ad too. Don't recall if it mentioned the E4 trim only but if it is so, it is a reasonably good offer. I've always thought that the Fluence is a very underrated car with extremely neutral characteristics.

IIRC, the E4 is available in the 1.5 L diesel and the 2.0 L petrol automatic and the discount makes both pretty enticing propositions.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 23:32   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Hi

Today I have Booked Fluence E2 D in Bangalore. On-road price is - 15.4 lakhs ( Free Insurance + 25 cash discount)
naren_kk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 00:15   #327
BHPian
 
mohandasnikhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 273
Thanked: 238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk
Hi

Today I have Booked Fluence E2 D in Bangalore. On-road price is - 15.4 lakhs ( Free Insurance + 25 cash discount)
Welcome to the Fluence Club. Enjoy the Styling and the Ride Quality. What colour did you get?
mohandasnikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 22:50   #328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
Welcome to the Fluence Club. Enjoy the Styling and the Ride Quality. What colour did you get?
Booked the white color. Going to take the delivery tomorrow. will post the pictures.
naren_kk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 20:37   #329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_kk View Post
Hi

Today I have Booked Fluence E2 D in Bangalore. On-road price is - 15.4 lakhs ( Free Insurance + 25 cash discount)
Congrats Naren!.

I was quoted a price of 15.66 by the Bangalore dealer sales guy who called me and indicated that "there are phantastic! discounts".
E4 D is still quoting at 17.71 and E4 P @ 18.15.

The sales chap was saying that they are expecting "an increase in prices in 2013

I am not able to make up my mind between the E4 D and Jetta CL
Ajith-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 15:29   #330
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 117
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Renault Fluence : Test Drive & Review

Congrats Naren, i'm sure you'll enjoy the Fluence

I finished my first paid service last week at Renault Mount Road, Chennai. Experience at the dealers wasn't great. At 9:30am there wasn't anyone around to take the car in. 20 minutes later a trainee attends to me, by the looks i was able to tell that he was clueless. They gave an estimate of 11k, and a delivery time of 7pm! The final bill came to 9k, including engine lacquering for 1k, that wasn't asked for. The engine oil and diesel filter change seems to have helped in making idle vibrations even lesser.

So far happy with the Fluence, no vibrations/niggles thus far. It has been rock solid on the highways with excellent fuel economy. The ride quality within city limits is good but is better appreciated when travelling on the same road on another car.
PraveenM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbulence and the Renault Fluence EDIT: 4500 kms & a few interior pics Rameshdude Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 24th April 2012 05:39
Renault Fluence pics revtech Shifting gears 4 24th September 2005 12:57


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks