Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th November 2016, 10:42   #1771

Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
2 - I notice a grunting sound from the left wheel as I turn towards right at considerable speeds. No such sound is heard in the otherwise direction. (Bearing issue?)
Check the drive shaft. These are typical wear & tear parts that need replacement after ##k kms. My Fiesta just crossed 80k and both front drive shafts are due for replacement. Its making the grunting sound while turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
The temperature reading (just above where our ODO is) tends to gradually increase a lot particularly at crawl speeds (1st or 2nd gear) while driving during peak hours.
I would think a good radiator clean up is due. I had a recent incident on a Chevy Tavera, that had a blown engine due to rad corrosion/clog. Many places have hard water and this can add to the issue. If your car has high miles, then show it to an experienced mechanic for a radiator check up/clean up.
Czarcarsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 11:35   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
What is the ideal air pressure that needs to be maintained? I recently changed to Continental tyres and kept the pressure at 33psi for all 4 tyres. Car feels floaty. Please suggest the ideal pressure to be maintained...
It's better that you try reducing 2 psis and keep experimenting till you find the sweet spot. As far as I understand, the nitrogen top ups are usually free, any reason why you feel it's not practical to change the pressure?

How often do you check your tyre pressure?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 14:44   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It's better that you try reducing 2 psis and keep experimenting till you find the sweet spot. As far as I understand, the nitrogen top ups are usually free, any reason why you feel it's not practical to change the pressure?

How often do you check your tyre pressure?
Thanks for replying. I travel alone one day and with family the next day..so i thought its not practical to change the pressure on a daily basis.
Nitrogen is not free here, even for top ups.. Maybe few places in Chennai might offer free topups.
As you said, Need to find a sweet spot for both.
I guess only Fiesta has this extreme variations for single and full load and hence the confusion.

Last edited by rock18 : 10th November 2016 at 14:48.
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2016, 20:00   #1774
BHPian

There has been one more dormant yet consistent issue since my last service. A few days after I brought my car home after cleaning the EGR valve and resetting the error at FASS, my car refused to start. The engine would crank but not fire. I had to tow it back to FASS. What they did there was simply unplug, blow air and plug the ECM plugs and the car started. Although everything seemed fine there, the fault still persists. What happens is that my car randomly refuses to start. After 20-30 cranks, the car starts as if there is no fault at all. And this happens very randomly. I am very sure that the error is electronic but not aware of what it could be.

Is it possible that they might have upset a thing or two in the circuitry while cleaning?
Arsi is offline   Reply With Quote