Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 12:12   #1291
BHPian
 
Daewood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 943
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
My first ever Fiesta spotting on the road in Chennai. This car surely is rare on the roads.
The response to the new Fiesta must have been a rude shock to Ford from Chennaites, for this is the same city where the number of Ikons and Classic-Fiestas are much higher than the number of Citys or Dzires or any other C-segment sedans.

Last edited by Daewood : 18th November 2011 at 12:14.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 11:06   #1292
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Good to see the numbers of New Fiestas increasing.

The car drives really well and after the first service, the 'lag' has been considerably reduced.
That is good news. Hope with more kms on the odo, the lag would match the Fiesta classic (almost nothing)

Quote:
I wonder why Ford Motors cannot do a correction on pricing of the diesel version to add to sales. They simply do not seem to be interested in promoting this car. With a 75K decrease in the diesel version's price, the sales are going to move much better.
75K discount is all it requires for the car to move out of the showrooms. I am sure Ford realizes this, but are taking their own time to come down to reality. One good thing about this slow sales of Fiesta is that they would learn to price the next car better.
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 06:57   #1293
BHPian
 
samarjitdhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney/Kolkata
Posts: 964
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

A week back my first ever and only Fiesta sighting happened on the streets of Kolkata. It was a silver colored Titanium diesel. The car looks very attractive on the road too even though the tail/rear treatment could have been a tad better.

Enough has been said about its handling and character and of course Ford's way over optimistic pricing which has virtually made this car an extinct specie right after it was born. The local Ford dealer is yet to call me regarding any test drive of the car. Such is the sad state of affairs.
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:27   #1294
BHPian
 
Fusion2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 146
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
A week back my first ever and only Fiesta sighting happened on the streets of Kolkata. It was a silver colored Titanium diesel. The car looks very attractive on the road too even though the tail/rear treatment could have been a tad better.

Enough has been said about its handling and character and of course Ford's way over optimistic pricing which has virtually made this car an extinct specie right after it was born. The local Ford dealer is yet to call me regarding any test drive of the car. Such is the sad state of affairs.

I am yet to see a single new Fiesta on the road, and I drive everyday from Gurgaon to Noida and back for work.

Though I have already seen a couple of XUV5OOs, Sunnys, and even a couple of Renault Fluences!
Fusion2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:48   #1295
BHPian
 
samarjitdhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney/Kolkata
Posts: 964
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
I am yet to see a single new Fiesta on the road, and I drive everyday from Gurgaon to Noida and back for work.

Though I have already seen a couple of XUV5OOs, Sunnys, and even a couple of Renault Fluences!
At this rate sighting the Royal Bengal Tiger would be easier than laying one's eyes on a Ford Fiesta on the road . Seriously the count of Fiestas sold by Ford still probably remains below the official tiger count.

Ford could look at some practical localization of the car without any compromise of the quality (frankly I am not sure which parts of the car interiors can deteriorate further from what I had seen in the showroom at its launch). It could surely look at losing some features like voice activated controls or cruise controls (maybe), optional alloys, higher localization and bring down the price. Given the well balanced ride and composed handling being its DNA, it should be able to sell larger nos. at a reduced price without the extra features. Just my personal opinion.
samarjitdhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:12   #1296
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,902
Thanked: 2,924 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
At this rate sighting the Royal Bengal Tiger would be easier than laying one's eyes on a Ford Fiesta on the road . Seriously the count of Fiestas sold by Ford still probably remains below the official tiger count.

Ford could look at some practical localization of the car without any compromise of the quality (frankly I am not sure which parts of the car interiors can deteriorate further from what I had seen in the showroom at its launch). It could surely look at losing some features like voice activated controls or cruise controls (maybe), optional alloys, higher localization and bring down the price. Given the well balanced ride and composed handling being its DNA, it should be able to sell larger nos. at a reduced price without the extra features. Just my personal opinion.
Ive seen 4 so far.
One was a titanium+(i think its called), and was told on TBHP that its THE only one in delhi!!
Yowza.

But you know what, month on month dismal sales figures, and with ALLLLLL the hoopla, and investment made by ford to bring this to india - I am sure we'll see a price cut soon!!
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:20   #1297
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Ive seen 4 so far.
One was a titanium+(i think its called), and was told on TBHP that its THE only one in delhi!!
Yowza.

But you know what, month on month dismal sales figures, and with ALLLLLL the hoopla, and investment made by ford to bring this to india - I am sure we'll see a price cut soon!!
There are 2 TBHP members' cars on the Forum itself in Delhi, though the only one I spotted besides mine is near DLF Promenade.

Hubby claims it might be a hallucination based on wishful thinking; but the other 3 people present in the car saw it too.

Riddhi Ford claims to have sold a few New Fiestas as well. Seems all new Fiesta owners are hiding their cars in underground vaults. Duetche Motoren is selling more cars than Riddhi Ford for sure.

Prices on the Diesel version have to come down. Otherwise, the car is truly a FUN TO DRIVE car.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 22nd November 2011 at 11:22.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:54   #1298
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 1,227 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I speak truth and nothing but truth. I have seen almost 8-10 new Fiestas recently in Pune. Looks like people in Pune are being the most kind to Ford.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:33   #1299
BHPian
 
hypermiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 60
Thanked: 60 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Since the past week, I see at-least one every day (not counting the cars in the showroom which I pass through) here at Chennai. As my commute is fairly long spanning one end to the other end of the city, perhaps my coverage would be wider.

As I pass through the show room (Chennai Ford), got a chance to see almost all colors including the 'Squeeze'.
hypermiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:32   #1300
Newbie
 
nk1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler
Since the past week, I see at-least one every day (not counting the cars in the showroom which I pass through) here at Chennai. As my commute is fairly long spanning one end to the other end of the city, perhaps my coverage would be wider.

As I pass through the show room (Chennai Ford), got a chance to see almost all colors including the 'Squeeze'.
I am in Bangalore and apart from mine (diesel Trend variant) there is aDiesel Titanium+ in my office parking lot inside Embassy Golf Links. Also saw a couple of others while driving around. Sales guy at metro ford said numbers are low couple of weeks ago when I was taking delivery of the car.
nk1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:34   #1301
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,675
Thanked: 931 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk1969 View Post
I am in Bangalore and apart from mine (diesel Trend variant) there is aDiesel Titanium+ in my office parking lot inside Embassy Golf Links. Also saw a couple of others while driving around. Sales guy at metro ford said numbers are low couple of weeks ago when I was taking delivery of the car.
Since i have also booked a Trend Variant and might jump to the Titanium, please let me know the following
a. What does the central display show as it does not have the VAC
b. How do you find the seats? As the Trend has smaller seats when compared to Titanium
c. General Question (Do you scrap the infamous speed breakers in Bangalore?)

Interior pics would be welcome. Have you started an Initial ownership review thread that i missed?
MAS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:59   #1302
BHPian
 
avira_tk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 595
Thanked: 519 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The local taxes extra pricing Ford resorted to has really killed off the interest. The initial attitude of the dealers also did not help, they were quite convinced the car would sell and test drives were not available for sometime after launch. The quality of interiors is no great improvement, the gadget list is awesome, but most people would baulk at paying 20% more for a Ford over a Honda, petrol disadvantage included.
avira_tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:59   #1303
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,328
Thanked: 490 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I speak truth and nothing but truth. I have seen almost 8-10 new Fiestas recently in Pune. Looks like people in Pune are being the most kind to Ford.
BTW do you stay close/drive in front of a Ford showroom
Looks like Fiesta is even bigger market failure then Fusion?
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:03   #1304
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,715
Thanked: 1,227 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
BTW do you stay close/drive in front of a Ford showroom
Looks like Fiesta is even bigger market failure then Fusion?
I am atleast 10 KMs away from the nearest Ford showroom and I rarely drive in front of any in Pune. Its seriously unbelievable to see so many(8-10) new Fiestas on the road.
ajay_satpute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:54   #1305
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC / BOM
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 1,087 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am atleast 10 KMs away from the nearest Ford showroom and I rarely drive in front of any in Pune. Its seriously unbelievable to see so many(8-10) new Fiestas on the road.
Maybe you have been seeing the same cars again and agin

Jokes apart saw the first fiesta, a blue one in Hinjewadi. The color is smashing and eye-catching, but I wonder how it'll look after the shine comes off.
Plus the owner's going to have a tough job handling the scratches, even more than me!
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta (Automatic) : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 160 12th December 2014 16:41
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive Rastapopoulos Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 171 1st December 2010 13:24
Ford Fiesta Sxi test drive below expectations Path_Finder Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 16th July 2008 23:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks