Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:26   #1381
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

A few pics from last week at the stock yard while choosing the car.

The car looks good from this angle rather than head on. Note the few Ikon cars in the background. I am sure Ford will find it difficult to dispose them.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img00428201112271605.jpg

A view of the instrument cluster showing 36 kms. Missed out checking if the EPS light glows when the key is switched on. That is the other Titanium + which i did not choose as it had returned from the showroom and had run 135 kms. I have requested the MPL guys not to get my car to the showroom and use it as a display car. I hope they do not do that.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img00430201112271605.jpg

Hope to get the delivery by the end of this week.

Last edited by MAS : 2nd January 2012 at 10:32.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 10:56   #1382
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,805
Thanked: 1,803 Times
Smile Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

@mas

Congratulations, Have you noted the VIN of the car. I hope you must have done the PDI checks.

The wash sprays are an eyesore on the otherwise clean bonnet. They are inside on the Classic Fiesta next to the wipers.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:23   #1383
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@mas

Congratulations, Have you noted the VIN of the car. I hope you must have done the PDI checks.

The wash sprays are an eyesore on the otherwise clean bonnet. They are inside on the Classic Fiesta next to the wipers.
Yes.. Noted the VIN (as i chose from 3 cars identified by their VIN) and did a thorough PDI.
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img00429201112271605.jpg

I rejected the third car which was December 2011 manufactured as it was taken to the showroom and had done about 100 kms.

The wash sprays are definitely an eyesore, but they were also present in the Old Fiesta.
Name:  Fiesta Classic.jpg
Views: 1694
Size:  44.3 KB

Last edited by MAS : 2nd January 2012 at 11:52.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:46   #1384
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Update:

Delivery this afternoon.

Fingers crossed. No matter how many new cars we buy, i always get this jittery feeling whenever i go for the delivery.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:57   #1385
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,714
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Update:

Delivery this afternoon.

Fingers crossed. No matter how many new cars we buy, i always get this jittery feeling whenever i go for the delivery.
Congrats MAS. FINALLY! Looking forward to your thread and loads of pics. BTW, did you check the car for unwanted gaps and lose fittings during PDI? I remember reading the first ownership report of the new Fiesta on TBHP. I forgot the thread starter name, but he had pointed out a few below-par fitment issues and lose objects.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 10:58   #1386
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,861
Thanked: 3,324 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

All the very best MAS & keep us posted about the delivery experience. Keep your cool, I know there would be butterflies in your stomach. Hope you take someone along with you so as to ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises.
AutoIndian is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 11:44   #1387
BHPian
 
samarjitdhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney/Kolkata
Posts: 964
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Many congratulations. Eagerly waiting for your ownership report. Unfortunately for the new Fiesta there are so few on TBHP it becomes difficult to fully appreciate the car from a owner's and daily usage point of view. Same was the case with the Verna though it looks like of late the Verna owners have come out of their laziness and started posting their reviews
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 23:28   #1388
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,662
Thanked: 913 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats MAS. FINALLY! Looking forward to your thread and loads of pics. BTW, did you check the car for unwanted gaps and lose fittings during PDI? I remember reading the first ownership report of the new Fiesta on TBHP. I forgot the thread starter name, but he had pointed out a few below-par fitment issues and lose objects.
Yes, Finally. Cannot imagine that this has happened. After months of dilemma, all this happened in a matter of 2 weeks.

The first report was by StarChild. Yes, the below-par fitment can be spotted in my car too. Will include it in my ownership report soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
All the very best MAS & keep us posted about the delivery experience. Keep your cool, I know there would be butterflies in your stomach. Hope you take someone along with you so as to ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises.
I did not take anyone with me as i wanted to surprise people at home. No surprises as such as i had already done a PDI last week. The delivery was smooth with the help of my SA, Mr. Rajan from MPL. He is super-efficient and had things organized well in advance. Will post more details in the ownership review, which i hope i would put it together this weekend.

It was a great feeling, but as soon as i started and took off, i was at home driving the car. Business as usual with calling people via the car's bluetooth. The car felt like so easy to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Many congratulations. Eagerly waiting for your ownership report. Unfortunately for the new Fiesta there are so few on TBHP it becomes difficult to fully appreciate the car from a owner's and daily usage point of view. Same was the case with the Verna though it looks like of late the Verna owners have come out of their laziness and started posting their reviews
The Fiesta is a very special car and would appeal to any person who loves to drive. I agree that the fit and interiors are below par for this segment, the price is higher when compared to competition, but, all this is forgotten once you drive the car. It is the best handling car i have driven. Fell in love with it and here i am.

I hope i can get the time to key things in as it has been a long, tiring journey to decide which car to buy.

Till i get the ownership report up and running, i would attach one pic i took today before the delivery.

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-img00441201201041640.jpg

She is a beauty isn't she. I enjoyed driving through the city with people staring at the car. Guess, not many have seen a New Fiesta. I guess they were staring actually starring at the new car with a big flower garland in front with "Registered" stickers in place of number plates.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 06:36   #1389
BHPian
 
samarjitdhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney/Kolkata
Posts: 964
Thanked: 475 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The Fiesta is a very special car and would appeal to any person who loves to drive. I agree that the fit and interiors are below par for this segment, the price is higher when compared to competition, but, all this is forgotten once you drive the car. It is the best handling car i have driven. Fell in love with it and here i am.
Beautiful. Wishing you many many happy miles on this. From the outside I think the Fiesta looks as stunning as the Verna. Even though the Verna's tail looks a tad better but only just a tad . And now with reports of VW increasing their price for the Vento (yet again), the lower variants of the Fiesta would definitely look VFM for many owners. Hope to see more Fiestas on the road. I actually have seen only three in my city till now and more classic Fiestas than the new one after the launch of the new one.
samarjitdhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 07:10   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,084 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Yes, Finally. Cannot imagine that this has happened. After months of dilemma, all this happened in a matter of 2 weeks.
Congratulations MAS. A beautiful Silver number there!
Please do post up a link of your ownership thread here (when it is ready), so that we donít miss it.

Enjoy the Fiesta time!
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 08:26   #1391
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,199
Thanked: 1,147 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Yes, Finally. Cannot imagine that this has happened. After months of dilemma, all this happened in a matter of 2 weeks.
Congratulations Dude! Looking forward to your ownership thread!

Which dealer did you take the car from!?
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 08:41   #1392
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

She is a beauty isn't she. I enjoyed driving through the city with people staring at the car. Guess, not many have seen a New Fiesta. I guess they were staring actually starring at the new car with a big flower garland in front with "Registered" stickers in place of number plates.
New Ford fiesta is certainly the cynosure of all eyes; if not for the new car factor atleast for the kinetic design lines!

Congrats MAS, and hope it serves you with more than what Fusion served you!
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 09:30   #1393
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 2,861
Thanked: 3,324 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
She is a beauty isn't she. I enjoyed driving through the city with people staring at the car. Guess, not many have seen a New Fiesta. I guess they were staring actually starring at the new car with a big flower garland in front with "Registered" stickers in place of number plates.
People are used to seeing new cars with a ribbon & a temp registration. Yours was something very unique, a garland in place of a ribbon & a "Registered" sticker in place of number plate.
AutoIndian is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 12:05   #1394
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Update:

Delivery this afternoon.

Fingers crossed. No matter how many new cars we buy, i always get this jittery feeling whenever i go for the delivery.

Hey MAS, Heartiest Congratulations. Welcome to the minority of the new Fiesta lovers. She is sure a dream to drive and your affection for this one will increase over time.

Have yet to answer all the q's you asked on my ownership thread. been too busy at work. But my car has completed 5250 Kms. and there are no vibrations whatsoever. The drive quality has become smoother over the last 5 months. The fuel efficiency has improved gradually.

Enjoy the drive and start the ownership thread soon. Hope the butterflies in the stomach have vanished after the delivery.

The Ecosport is another cool one to look out for maybe 3 quarters from now.

As for the Ikons in the background, there are some enthusiasts who would buy them off. I am still not able to part with mine, though it needs a whopping amount of inputs to make it roadworthy again. The high price quotes for restoration are the main deterrents for starting the project.

Good luck
Sugeeta

Last edited by Sugeeta : 5th January 2012 at 12:09.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 10:51   #1395
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 397
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

I see a lot of Fiesta owners here, but very few detailed reviews. I am planning to upgrade to a Diesel Fiesta, replacing my petrol ford figo. I am amazed with the ride dynamics of Ford and would dearly like to continue with another. My major concern with the Figo has been low city mileage and my usage has gone up too. Appreciate if you guys can share your FE numbers here.
sansvk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta (Automatic) : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 160 12th December 2014 16:41
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive Rastapopoulos Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 171 1st December 2010 13:24
Ford Fiesta Sxi test drive below expectations Path_Finder Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 16th July 2008 23:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:53.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks