Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 18:12   #1456
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Sid,

Are you sure about the mentioned amounts? 34K for a bumper repair/replacement sounds unreal for a Ford. Add the fog lamps and you are close to 1/2 a lakh
Attached Images
 

Last edited by kiku007 : 16th February 2012 at 18:25.
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:20   #1457
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007
Sid,

Are you sure about the mentioned amounts? 34K for a bumper repair/replacement sounds unreal for a Ford.
Its just not a bumper repair/replacement, you can see other things were also repaired/replaced.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:28   #1458
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Its just not a bumper repair/replacement, you can see other things were also repaired/replaced.
Mustang, in my post I have included only the bumper related items right?
kiku007 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:38   #1459
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Would buying the Petrol Fiesta Titanium+ (with a 1.5 lac cash discount on 2011 model) be a good idea?
ayushSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:38   #1460
BHPian
 
Sugeeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

The cost for the front Bumper repairs still are way too high. The impact was really hard during this "small accident", it seems.

Sidindica's post clarifies that this is a Kinetic Blue car. There is a panther black car whose driver drives like a maniac; sure candidate for landing up at the workshop. Sorry for sounding bad. But someone should warn him, IMHO.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 16th February 2012 at 18:45.
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 18:45   #1461
BHPian
 
Poitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 3rdRockFmTheSun
Posts: 850
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Yes Cruise Control is useless in India. 75k Discount here and Delivery time on Classic between 10-30 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^^
My experieance in driving highway out of Bangalore that after exit of township its always possible to maintain 80kmph speed in most highways. Which makes cruise control that much useful than bane. If CC helps in extracting a little more economy out of the car its always welcome.

I agree with you that is it worth 75K, may be not! But I won't agree that CC is useless in India. It is boon to most highway drivers.
Based on very limited experience (few hundred kms), I felt hat the Cruise control would be pretty useless. Even commented on this thread about it a long time back (probably before the launch of the car).

Now on checking with @MAS and Sugeeta, it seems otherwise. Both seem to find use for it. One may really figure out, over a longer time, as sometimes, we use the features for their novelty factor.

Some comments can be found on MAS's thread here.
More on Sugeeta's.

Also, why I might nor have found it too useful may be because large sections of the road were under repair, thereby leading to slightly abnormal traffic movement patterns. Also that I was in a Cruze. Who wants Cruze control in a Cruze?!!!
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 19:04   #1462
BHPian
 
DevilsCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 538
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Would buying the Petrol Fiesta Titanium+ (with a 1.5 lac cash discount on 2011 model) be a good idea?
Depends on what exactly are you asking. Are you asking if the car suits you best or if the discount is a great deal. Can you please clarify a bit more?
DevilsCry is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 19:25   #1463
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Depends on what exactly are you asking. Are you asking if the car suits you best or if the discount is a great deal. Can you please clarify a bit more?
Well, I'm not really sure. I haven't test driven the car, yet.
We were planning to go for a car in this category and were deciding between City and Vento.
Fiesta was not even on the list as it seemed to be overpriced.
But then after getting this '1.5 lac discount' offer, I am a bit tempted towards it. Even if it were already priced at 9 lacs OTR ( which it would cost after a 1.5 lac discount; 10.5 - 1.5 = 9 lacs), I might not have considered it because of the cheap interiors and lack of space at the rear bench. But Indians ( at least I ) do get tempted to buy products with huge discounts on them even if they are priced higher initially.

Also, would a diesel car make sense if the monthly running would be less then 830kms? I'm not sure if I'd recover the premium I'd pay for a diesel variant plus the higher service costs, but it wouldn't pinch my pocket whenever I plan to go for longer trips. Btw, I love the turbo in diesel engines.

What would you suggest.

Thanks
ayushSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 20:33   #1464
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007

Mustang, in my post I have included only the bumper related items right?
Kiku, your post includes the bumper, the grilles, the bezel, the front impact beam, the logo, the deflectors etc. The bumper is the part of the car which is colored. The black colored grilles, the silver bezels, the front impact beam behind the bumper, the deflectors, the ford logo and the paint are all separate parts. Hence they are charged separately.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 20:47   #1465
BHPian
 
DevilsCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 538
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
But Indians ( at least I ) do get tempted to buy products with huge discounts on them even if they are priced higher initially.
I can relate with you. Discounts are mouthwatering no matter which item is being discounted

It's pretty easy to choose between Fiesta vs City vs Vento since there's not much common in between them. If not already done, you should simply take a TD of these three cars. A simple TD will reveal what you liked most, be it for Vento's performance, City's comfort or Fiesta's handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Also, would a diesel car make sense if the monthly running would be less then 830kms?
830km/month means petrol. But with unpredictable price of petrol and possibility of your usage rising, diesel could also be a better choice. I would advice you to forget running cost of petrol vs diesel (you can't easily decide on this either). Simply focus on your enjoyment. You said, you love turbo-kick. If you love it that much, you can buy a diesel sheerly for its turbo-charged performance. If your taste it like mine, who loves refinement, silence and low RPM driveability of a petrol engine more than turbo-charged diesels, you might as well go for a petrol car.
DevilsCry is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 21:39   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,057 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Would buying the Petrol Fiesta Titanium+ (with a 1.5 lac cash discount on 2011 model) be a good idea?
1. Please take into account, your budget.
2. Now check which version of Fiesta falls into this budget [before discount].
3. Find out the discounts on various trims - it likely to be different
4. Find out which variant has the BEST discount - find the discount % on each variant than the difference in rupees, this will give you the genuine value you get.
5. Now select the variant you think falls correctly in to your budget [after discount], or the MUST-HAVE features you want in your car or the MOST VFM option among the variants with features you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Also, would a diesel car make sense if the monthly running would be less then 830kms? I'm not sure if I'd recover the premium I'd pay for a diesel variant plus the higher service costs, but it wouldn't pinch my pocket whenever I plan to go for longer trips. Btw, I love the turbo in diesel engines.
First of all, you get 1.5L discount in petrol ONLY & some 30-40K in diesel if I am not wrong. So by buying petrol, you are saving a LOT more than Diesel variant. Now 830 kms per month running with a good 1.5L discount should be good enough to meet your running costs right?

Unless you really fancy some of the features in Titanium+, I suggest you buy the BEST VFM variant among the Fiesta. If you could provide the discounts on all variants, it would be easier to give suggestions. Please do TD both petrol & diesel, my guess is petrol is equally good to drive.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 22:08   #1467
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
830km/month means petrol. But with unpredictable price of petrol and possibility of your usage rising, diesel could also be a better choice. I would advice you to forget running cost of petrol vs diesel (you can't easily decide on this either). Simply focus on your enjoyment. You said, you love turbo-kick. If you love it that much, you can buy a diesel sheerly for its turbo-charged performance. If your taste it like mine, who loves refinement, silence and low RPM driveability of a petrol engine more than turbo-charged diesels, you might as well go for a petrol car.
Thanks. I did TD Vento (diesel) and hated the engine noise, the noisy suspension and noisy and cracking clutch (while depressing). It's got a 40k discount, too, but what I'm skeptic about is, that Vento has been an overbooked car, then how can they still have one car left with them. What scared me more was, that the SA said that they have TDI Highline in only Silver colour, and the car they had for test drive was a Silver TDI HL, too, with that 'new car' white plastic covering on the bonet and the roof. I'd definitely want to stay away from getting a TD vehicle.
Vento (Petrol), even with a better discount of 60k plus, doesn't really excite me; the drive is simply very boring.

City, on the other hand, has been tried and tested several times and is probably the most effortless car to drive ( for the whole family ) south of 10lac Rupees.

I'll TD fiesta petrol and diesel on sunday.

PS: will take dad along to make him TD laura TSI, too. Who knows, he might fall for the engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
1. Please take into account, your budget.
2. Now check which version of Fiesta falls into this budget [before discount].
3. Find out the discounts on various trims - it likely to be different
4. Find out which variant has the BEST discount - find the discount % on each variant than the difference in rupees, this will give you the genuine value you get.
5. Now select the variant you think falls correctly in to your budget [after discount], or the MUST-HAVE features you want in your car or the MOST VFM option among the variants with features you want.
Thanks

1 & 2. Both Petrol Titanium+ and Diesel Titanium fall under my bidget.
3 & 4. Petrol Titanium+ = 10.5 - 1.5 = 9lac
Diesel Titanium = 11.3 - .8 = 10.5
5. Both have sufficient features, too.

What say?
ayushSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 22:23   #1468
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: |
Posts: 4,648
Thanked: 3,139 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

This is that car. Part cost aside, this is my favourite C+ segment diesel sedan. refinement and the drive,the body control, the steering feel, the kickass audio...there is no equal.
Attached Images
 
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 23:10   #1469
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,162
Thanked: 5,057 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
1 & 2. Both Petrol Titanium+ and Diesel Titanium fall under my bidget.
3 & 4. Petrol Titanium+ = 10.5 - 1.5 = 9lac
Diesel Titanium = 11.3 - .8 = 10.5
5. Both have sufficient features, too.
Doesn't look like you are short on cash. If you are OK with the Titanium features, what is the petrol Titanium cost? See, you have a substantial saving if you go for petrol. But if you dont want to frown every time in the filling station, buy a diesel.

I guess you do a TD on both petrol & diesel and decide. Diesel car will get you a much better re-sale after 5 years [provided diesel fuel subsidy remains].

Edit:: With a very rough calculation [for 830 kms running per month], if you buy the petrol Titanium+, you can fill fuel for 3 years for the 1.5L you save over diesel. At the same time, if you buy a diesel, you will spend additional 70,000/- on fuel in 3 years[10.5 + 70,000/-]! I am NOT so good in Maths, so please have a double check.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th February 2012 at 23:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 23:34   #1470
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 19
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Doesn't look like you are short on cash. If you are OK with the Titanium features, what is the petrol Titanium cost? See, you have a substantial saving if you go for petrol. But if you dont want to frown every time in the filling station, buy a diesel.

I guess you do a TD on both petrol & diesel and decide. Diesel car will get you a much better re-sale after 5 years [provided diesel fuel subsidy remains].

Edit:: With a very rough calculation [for 830 kms running per month], if you buy the petrol Titanium+, you can fill fuel for 3 years for the 1.5L you save over diesel. At the same time, if you buy a diesel, you will spend additional 70,000/- on fuel in 3 years[10.5 + 70,000/-]! I am NOT so good in Maths, so please have a double check.
Thanks, I'll give a thought to it. Petrol does seem to be better for my running. If only petrol engines had turbos in this segment ( except linea, which my dad just hates for some reason ).

Well my budget is 12lacs.
Any other recommendations?
I TDd Verna, too. Great engine!, but what exactly did they do to the suspension. Its drive is nauseating at higher speeds (not even higher speeds, it starts to go crazy at just 80kmph). Is it possible to get the suspension tweaked without any 'warranty void' issue?
ayushSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta (Automatic) : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 160 12th December 2014 16:41
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive Rastapopoulos Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 171 1st December 2010 13:24
Ford Fiesta Sxi test drive below expectations Path_Finder Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 5 16th July 2008 23:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks