Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 23:40   #271
BHPian
 
mayank10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
This car is most suited for a person who has the following criteria;
1. Not a driving enthusiast, looks at a car for just going from point A to B. And can have only one car on a tight budget.

==========
And such customers form a good 80% of our market.
I agree with you, and when i took the test drove Etios Liva i felt the same. It seems to be a very practical car with low on features but high on sense. I am not an enthusiast and it seemed to be a very reliable and practical car. I loved the looks and color, though interiors are not as good as I had expected. Meanwhile, this would be my first Car as i have been a bike guy till now.

The response in the market seems to be pretty good and after reading the amazing review written by the Mod and doing a test drive, i booked the car 10 days back. For me Etios Liva G seemed to be a good option and i am planning to spruce it up a bit. It seems that blue color is in good demand and i have been told by the Toyota dealer in Trivandrum that it would take around 45 days, which i consider as OK. Waiting for my Q class hatch eagerly.
mayank10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 23:09   #272
BHPian
 
SunilM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 272
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
I agree with you, and when i took the test drove Etios Liva i felt the same. It seems to be a very practical car with low on features but high on sense. I am not an enthusiast and it seemed to be a very reliable and practical car. I loved the looks and color, though interiors are not as good as I had expected. Meanwhile, this would be my first Car as i have been a bike guy till now.

The response in the market seems to be pretty good and after reading the amazing review written by the Mod and doing a test drive, i booked the car 10 days back. For me Etios Liva G seemed to be a good option and i am planning to spruce it up a bit. It seems that blue color is in good demand and i have been told by the Toyota dealer in Trivandrum that it would take around 45 days, which i consider as OK. Waiting for my Q class hatch eagerly.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new car

From what I have heard, Liva is doing really well in the market. Should easily do around 8,000 cars for the first full month. It remains to be seen at which car's expense!

Last edited by SunilM : 19th July 2011 at 23:18.
SunilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 01:24   #273
BHPian
 
fast&furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 163
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank10 View Post
The response in the market seems to be pretty good and after reading the amazing review written by the Mod and doing a test drive, i booked the car 10 days back. For me Etios Liva G seemed to be a good option and i am planning to spruce it up a bit. It seems that blue color is in good demand and i have been told by the Toyota dealer in Trivandrum that it would take around 45 days, which i consider as OK. Waiting for my Q class hatch eagerly.
Many congrats Mayank!Glad to see another Toyota customer from Trivandrum.And Liva is a very good option as a first car mainly because of its reliability.I'm sure you will enjoy your first car.I assume that Nippon Toyota is the dealer as I don't know of any other dealer in TVM.

Last edited by fast&furious : 20th July 2011 at 01:30.
fast&furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2011, 01:41   #274
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hyderabad/Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
This guy will never see himself using features like cooled glove box, tilt steering, tachometer, 2Din music system, fabric insert door trim, rear defogger, rear wiper, dual airbags, ABS, EBD, and 15 inches tyres, all these are useless money extracting features that a manufacturer uses.
I agree with you that the Indian market does not seem to care too much about safety (even the initial Liva review did not have much on safety).
Agreed that you might not use the airbags regularly, but you might use it just once in an accident, and it could mean the difference between being dead or alive. The ABS is a "must-have" in panic braking situations and slippery conditions, and you would definitely encounter such situations on Indian roads. I liked the approach of Toyota here, giving the ABS+Airbags as an option on a mid-end variant.
However, my initial impression during the test drive was that Toyota has lost the game with this one. Primary sore points being the pricing, cheap plastics, rear parcel tray. Loved the drivability in Bangalore traffic though, did not need to change gears often. Another interesting point was the cooled glove tray (unique in its segment). It would do well with some discounts after the initial euphoria settles down.
MobileThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 21:17   #275
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 940
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

I took the TD today ultimately and was not very overwhelmed, but then its me.
BTW the latest update from 'my Guy at Toyota' is that the diesel Liva for sure (and may be also the Etios) will come in Sep, just in time for Diwali, lets see how reliable is this news now.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 00:14   #276
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,149
Thanked: 4,630 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi
This car is most suited for a person who has the following criteria;
1. Not a driving enthusiast, looks at a car for just going from point A to B. And can have only one car on a tight budget.
The reason why I am suggesting this Car to someone looking forward to buy a petrol hatch-back.

Most prolly, one of my acquaintances would be booking a white VX within a week and as usual I shall be driving it for over 350kms and share my impression
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 13:54   #277
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Half an hour back spotted a blue Liva with its rear right bottom badge taped in Jayanagar, Bangalore. No other visible changes. New variant?
ViMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 08:11   #278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 239
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new car

From what I have heard, Liva is doing really well in the market. Should easily do around 8,000 cars for the first full month. It remains to be seen at which car's expense!
Today's TOI Bangalore edition had an article on Toyota increasing its manufacturing capacity to 3 L vehicles a year. Amongst other things It mentioned that Liva had 4000 bookings so far. Isn't it less? I don't think customers are seeing a value proposition in the LIVA..

Nevertheless its too early to comment! Yesterday watched a full feature song (few minutes of playback time) on T LIVA by A.R Rahaman on ZOOM. Its the same launch video someone had posted on this thread earlier. I was not sure if it was being played back as an Ad or a proper song. If it was indeed a song, smart I would say, free marketing!

Looks like Toyota is trying to sell this real hard.
naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 23:47   #279
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 940
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Guys you are already getting basic accessories free with Liva, no questions asked. Mud flaps, rubber mats etc. Toyota is not taking chances with the launch of new swift, really pushing every Liva out of the showroom as it comes from the plant, sell as many as you can and fast, before the competition catches up. Dealer in Bangalore when I had gone for TD, offered me immediate delivery of 2 colors that were available there (silver & Sea blue).
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 21:30   #280
BHPian
 
mayank10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Guys you are already getting basic accessories free with Liva, no questions asked. Mud flaps, rubber mats etc. Toyota is not taking chances with the launch of new swift, really pushing every Liva out of the showroom as it comes from the plant, sell as many as you can and fast, before the competition catches up. Dealer in Bangalore when I had gone for TD, offered me immediate delivery of 2 colors that were available there (silver & Sea blue).
Thanks Zulfi for this information. While i booked the Liva i was being told by the dealer that no accessories are free with the car and one would have to pay even for basic stuff like mud flaps, mats etc.

It seems that i would have to speak to the dealer again to get some of the stuff free. I believe since there are multiple dealers in Bangalore, there is competition and this is why they are doing this. On the other hand, there is just one Toyota dealer in Trivandrum.

But, anyway, i would press for the accessories. Could anyone tell me the best way of doing this

Would get the car by around 15th Aug
mayank10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 13:56   #281
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 940
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Thanks Zulfi for this information. While i booked the Liva i was being told by the dealer that no accessories are free with the car and one would have to pay even for basic stuff like mud flaps, mats etc.

It seems that i would have to speak to the dealer again to get some of the stuff free. I believe since there are multiple dealers in Bangalore, there is competition and this is why they are doing this. On the other hand, there is just one Toyota dealer in Trivandrum.

But, anyway, i would press for the accessories. Could anyone tell me the best way of doing this

Would get the car by around 15th Aug
Try the nice way by asking him. If he does not agree tell him (if cancelation is ok and if you get at refund), i will cancell the booking. OR
Delay taking delivery before at least 20Aug cos new swift will be launched on 17 aug.
And then tell him you will buy the swift.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 14:35   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,889
Thanked: 3,713 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Tweeted by Hormazd -
Ok its confirmed Toyota Etios diesel coming in Sept. 1.4 diesel engine
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:23   #283
BHPian
 
chetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 467
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

What about the Liva diesel ? Any news on that ?

Did a TD today, found to be a good city driver and they are not offering basics like floor mats, mud flaps etc. Everything is payable. The exec also told me that 3% discount will be give on purchasing accessories worth 30k.

Last edited by chetan : 2nd August 2011 at 19:26.
chetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:16   #284
BHPian
 
fast&furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 163
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Thanks Zulfi for this information. While i booked the Liva i was being told by the dealer that no accessories are free with the car and one would have to pay even for basic stuff like mud flaps, mats etc.

It seems that i would have to speak to the dealer again to get some of the stuff free. I believe since there are multiple dealers in Bangalore, there is competition and this is why they are doing this. On the other hand, there is just one Toyota dealer in Trivandrum.

But, anyway, i would press for the accessories. Could anyone tell me the best way of doing this

Would get the car by around 15th Aug
Mayank that would be very difficult.I asked them several times for some free accessories or discounts.But they refused to give any.The customer executive told me it's due to the lack of competition here.After a few more tries I gave up.
fast&furious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 19:49   #285
BHPian
 
AstonMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review

Today saw a convoy of three Liva's in the Jayanagar area with the variant name covered with tape. I have a feeling this might be the diesel variant being tested.
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 469 20th September 2017 08:53
Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT) GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 724 30th August 2017 14:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks