Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 00:35   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
For me, the make it or break it point (post pricing) is the 3 year cashless maintainence that Chevy offers. Will this be extended to the Beat Diesel?
I went to the dealer in bangalore today and he said the 3 year/ 100k kms warranty applies to this car but for the maintenance package which covers servicing and consumables (which comes free with spark etc.) buyers will have to pay separately. Prices for the service pack will be available later this week.
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 01:39   #302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PNQ - PUNE
Posts: 133
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

I want to get this car but sadly the dealer in Pune is the only one who has refused to give me a car in exchange for my SX4 petrol. Otherwise Toyota, Ford dealer are ready to give me Liva and Figo in exchange for my 131k KMS done SX4.

Will receive new swift on day one itself but already have owned and sold a petrol and diesel swift. on hearing the report that there isnt much difference between old and new if you compare the interiors then why to pay extra when you can get a beat top end at the price of swift vdi.

IMHO interiors are really good in beat and it will be a nice change for me. I already have 2 other big cars and so would be really convenient to have a small car like beat.. lets see what is in store. beat in white looks better than all other hatches in white is what i have noticed..

would like to hear in case anyone else is getting his existing car exchanged for beat..
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 08:26   #303
BHPian
 
mukeshgoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 733
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Thats alright, I went to a Chevy dealer in Bangalore today and he mentioned Rs. 6500 extra for metallic colours (all colours apart from white and black).

The higher tax in Karnataka makes it way more expensive here (about 50k more than Delhi). Since you are in Gurgaon, consider getting a HR 26 registration, it will be about 20k cheaper than DL reg & as long as it is a NCR reg like UP 16/ HR 26/ HR 51 its alright.
HR26 registration used to be approx. 20k cheaper than DL registration on a 5L car till December last year. Now, it is around 4k expensive.
mukeshgoel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:19   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 486 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Arrow Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Here is a full page ad from TOI, New Delhi

Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review-beat-adv.jpg

It's clearly mentioned as introductory price.

Luckily 3 year Chevrolet promise does exist (don't know whether it is included in the ex-showroom price or not).

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:32   #305
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
HR26 registration used to be approx. 20k cheaper than DL registration on a 5L car till December last year. Now, it is around 4k expensive.
That's strange considering that my brother bought a HR51 Ritz diesel this month and it came to about 18k cheaper than Delhi prices.

From what I remember (not a 100% sure)..tax on diesel vehicles is much lesser in HR as compared to neighbouring Delhi or UP.
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:37   #306
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
why to pay extra when you can get a beat top end at the price of swift vdi.

IMHO interiors are really good in beat and it will be a nice change for me.
Well it makes sense to pay extra and buy a swift because there is vast difference in the performance of both cars. I don't know how big or small the difference looks in specs on paper but comparing beat diesel to swift diesel is like comparing a swift and santro. I did a test drive and realised this car creates a new lower segment of diesel cars which didn't exist until now, it can't be compared to swift/ ritz or figo.

Interiors are nice only in the top end LT variant, in other variants (LS etc.) interiors are worst in class (you have to see them to believe what I am saying).
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:40   #307
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post

Luckily 3 year Chevrolet promise does exist (don't know whether it is included in the ex-showroom price or not).
Yes the 3 year service pack is available but at an additional cost which will be announced later this week.

Also, yes it is true that GM says this intro price is valid for 60 days only and it may go up then but I seriously doubt that will happen.
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:41   #308
BHPian
 
Equus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 863
Thanked: 156 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

6500 extra for metallic color??!!!
Typically its 3.5 to 4k. Anything special on the Beat's metallic shades? Or is it just greed?
Equus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 10:52   #309
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
This is really a mouth watering price by GM. But is ABS available only on the LT option pack or also in the LT variant?
Yes ABS and air bags can be fitted only in LT, they are not available with any of the lower variants, I checked this with a dealer yesterday.
ff1609 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 12:53   #310
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

India's most fuel efficient car? The Indica eV2 would beg to disagree! (i know its only by 1 km/l but just saying)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
6500 extra for metallic color??!!!
Typically its 3.5 to 4k. Anything special on the Beat's metallic shades? Or is it just greed?
Even i was wondering the same thing, 6.5k is a bit steep for just metallic shade.
radiokidb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:02   #311
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 681
Thanked: 346 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
India's most fuel efficient car? The Indica eV2 would beg to disagree! (i know its only by 1 km/l but just saying)



Even i was wondering the same thing, 6.5k is a bit steep for just metallic shade.
I agree! Looks like the guys need to check the Oxford dictionary to understand the meaning of "MOST". Perhaps there is a small note somewhere associated with a * saying "In the 3 cylinder category"

6.5k for metallic colour is steep. Evidently, GM has had to play it very hard to keep the cost down, and this is how they are trying to recover every bit of it...
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 14:41   #312
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I agree! Looks like the guys need to check the Oxford dictionary to understand the meaning of "MOST". Perhaps there is a small note somewhere associated with a * saying "In the 3 cylinder category"

6.5k for metallic colour is steep. Evidently, GM has had to play it very hard to keep the cost down, and this is how they are trying to recover every bit of it...
After reading the advt in above post, the first thought that came to my mind was, Don't they count Tata Nano and Indica EV2 in "Cars" category .

Went to check the E-Paper to read the footnote, it says something like as per Auto Car India article in August 2011 edition

Last edited by anu21v : 27th July 2011 at 14:43.
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 15:11   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
Urban_Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,270
Thanked: 1,155 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I went to the dealer in bangalore today and he said the 3 year/ 100k kms warranty applies to this car but for the maintenance package which covers servicing and consumables (which comes free with spark etc.) buyers will have to pay separately. Prices for the service pack will be available later this week.
Thanks for the update ff. This is definitely not good news. Pretty sure this will (-vely) influence buyer decision. With each passing day, Figo seems to be the better bet.
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 15:22   #314
BHPian
 
Panko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 116
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Well it makes sense to pay extra and buy a swift because there is vast difference in the performance of both cars. I don't know how big or small the difference looks in specs on paper but comparing beat diesel to swift diesel is like comparing a swift and santro. I did a test drive and realised this car creates a new lower segment of diesel cars which didn't exist until now, it can't be compared to swift/ ritz or figo.

Interiors are nice only in the top end LT variant, in other variants (LS etc.) interiors are worst in class (you have to see them to believe what I am saying).
I agree! Swift D cannot be compared with Beat D. They are from different segments. In fact, I think Beat D has started a new segment in Diesel Hatches. But still, Swift is far superior to Beat in terms of specifications and it is unfair to compare both.
Panko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 15:51   #315
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 136
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
With each passing day, Figo seems to be the better bet.
I am not impressed with Beat but I don't understand why everyone on team-bhp seems to love Figo ? I did a TD of Figo earlier this week, didn't like the engine at all, I still think Ritz/ Swift have a much better engine.

Maybe it was a bad TD car (though unlikely at just 2300kms) I noticed a huge turbo lag and the turbo kick wasnt nowhere near as good as Swift's.
ff1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3701 13th April 2017 04:10
Chevrolet Beat Diesel LT - TCDI - Sandrift Grey nevertouchme Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 91 12th May 2015 09:37
Chevrolet Beat TCDi on steroids - DieselTronic dual channel box! rahuldevnath Modifications & Accessories 2 20th October 2014 14:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks