Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 10:15   #1696
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
I am in a bit of confused state ....the offer?

Advantage of going for current model
  • Cash discount of 70K
  • Proven 2014 model
  • Quick delivery
  • Good Exchange offer
  • New 2015 Jetta can be expensive over current one
I am planning to take a call in next 4 days
My thoughts:

Book the 2014 Jetta. You have already mentioned the benefits and I assume you will keep the car for at least 5 years.

Assuming you have the car for <3 years, would be better to wait for the 2015 model.

Remember, the 2015 model will be over Rs. 1.3 lacs in difference considering:

1) No discounts
2) Higher Ex showroom
3) Higher waiting period(so associated indirect expenses increases)
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 10:40   #1697
BHPian
 
cs_rajesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 79 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

same here. Please go ahead for 2014 Jetta

I had been contacted by Volkswagen Bangalore and I too was offered substantial discount on the Jetta Comfortline. The sales person straight away cut down the talk and said this is the final offer and you could take it very well since Jetta 2015 could definitely be at least 1 L more. He did not however hint at what improvements Jetta 2015 would have and for me, when engine and essential functional parts do not change, I dont want to bother.

But unfortunately Comfortline is above my budget, therefore asked for Trendline but there are no cars available.
cs_rajesh is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 13:01   #1698
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
My thoughts:

Book the 2014 Jetta. You have already mentioned the benefits and I assume you will keep the car for at least 5 years.

Assuming you have the car for <3 years, would be better to wait for the 2015 model.

Remember, the 2015 model will be over Rs. 1.3 lacs in difference considering:

1) No discounts
2) Higher Ex showroom
3) Higher waiting period(so associated indirect expenses increases)
I used to change my lease car every 2 year, but considering this is a expensive car I may not be able to change that fast considering the low resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
same here. Please go ahead for 2014 Jetta

I had been contacted by Volkswagen Bangalore and I too was offered substantial discount on the Jetta Comfortline. The sales person straight away cut down the talk and said this is the final offer and you could take it very well since Jetta 2015 could definitely be at least 1 L more. He did not however hint at what improvements Jetta 2015 would have and for me, when engine and essential functional parts do not change, I dont want to bother.

But unfortunately Comfortline is above my budget, therefore asked for Trendline but there are no cars available.
Thanks for the advise
svkndv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 13:05   #1699
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 1,027 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
I used to change my lease car every 2 year, but considering this is a expensive car I may not be able to change that fast considering the low resale value.



Thanks for the advise
If this is a lease car, makes sense to go with the 2015 model and save yourself from the depreciation hit.

Else, the 2014 discounted model is just fine.

A leased car will have completely different financial implications though and work out the lease plan well so that you dont end up losing big bucks!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:02   #1700
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 802
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

The 2015 Jetta might be priced similar to the current Octavia which is priced ~1.xL more than the current Jetta spec to spec. Buy the DSG if you could afford!

Call KPR Cars Mysore for best deals ;-)
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:02   #1701
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,107
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

What VW Whitefield told me is that the offers are only on available stock of Jetta Comfortline models. They don't have any Highline or Trendline IIRC.

So, if Comfortline meets your needs, then maybe a good deal. It doesn't meet mine, so I told him so. I was quite surprised to see the indifference/reluctance of the sales person - didn't ask us to sit down and discuss, didn't offer any brochures etc... Underwhelming experience :-(
lancer_rit is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:31   #1702
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: 2014 Jetta or should wait for 2015 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
What VW Whitefield told me is that the offers are only on available stock of Jetta Comfortline models. They don't have any Highline or Trendline IIRC.

So, if Comfortline meets your needs, then maybe a good deal. It doesn't meet mine, so I told him so. I was quite surprised to see the indifference/reluctance of the sales person - didn't ask us to sit down and discuss, didn't offer any brochures etc... Underwhelming experience :-(
Same experience for me too. Something going on. They are no longer interested in sale of remaining pieces. looks like they may not be getting any sales incentive on these remaining stocks.
svkndv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 17:51   #1703
BHPian
 
rutvij's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 333
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
What VW Whitefield told me is that the offers are only on available stock of Jetta Comfortline models. They don't have any Highline or Trendline IIRC.

So, if Comfortline meets your needs, then maybe a good deal. It doesn't meet mine, so I told him so. I was quite surprised to see the indifference/reluctance of the sales person - didn't ask us to sit down and discuss, didn't offer any brochures etc... Underwhelming experience :-(
Same issue with me. I had checked out the car earlier and I wanted to show this car to my family members before finalising between octavia and jetta. The sales person whom I had contacted promised to send the car for TD but strangly stopped taking my calls. Thereafter I called up the dealership and briefed them about the incident. Another sales man called me up and we fixed up the TD time but he to did not turn up at determined time and stopped taking my calls. This happened last Saturday. Since then I havent heard from them.

I have gone ahead and booked octavia yesterday. They have lost one customer who was sold on Jetta.

Last edited by rutvij : 16th December 2014 at 17:52.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 19:45   #1704
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I have resumed the discussion with sales team. If everything works out fine I will have a decision by tomorrow evening.

Hoping for the best
svkndv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 23:11   #1705
BHPian
 
rutvij's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 333
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I have resumed the discussion with sales team. If everything works out fine I will have a decision by tomorrow evening.

Hoping for the best
I hope it works out for you. Jetta is indeed a very good car. They are coming out with just a mid life face lift. And as per my talk with the sales guy, VW have already introduced some features like led day time running lights, climate control etc. in the minor upgrade done earlier in the year. The upgrade might come with increased price. So this is going to be a great deal for you.

In my case I have them a second chance but it didn't work out. :(
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 15:10   #1706
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I have resumed the discussion with sales team. If everything works out fine I will have a decision by tomorrow evening.

Hoping for the best
svkndv, you should also check with the Mysore dealer. Not sure about the availability but deal will surely be sweeter than Bangalore dealers.
Sanjubose is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 09:40   #1707
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Thanks to all for the recommendations and suggestions. Decision is made.
Jetta TDI comfortline - Platinum color

Lease process started and awaiting for delivery in couple of days.
svkndv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2014, 12:05   #1708
BHPian
 
rutvij's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 333
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Thanks to all for the recommendations and suggestions. Decision is made.
Jetta TDI comfortline - Platinum color

Lease process started and awaiting for delivery in couple of days.
Congratulations! Can you share on road price and discounts that you have got?
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 16:47   #1709
BHPian
 
svkndv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 62
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Congratulations! Can you share on road price and discounts that you have got?
Discount 50K+exchange bonus 30K +15K corporate discount. deducted on ex-showroom price.
svkndv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 10:48   #1710
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hello Guys, have almost finalised a comfortline jetta. Good discounts going on now as mentioned in the thread. Test drove the demo car and had 2 issues with the car.

One is, the engine noise is very audible inside the cabin. This was at around a relatively lower rpm of 3000rpm. Is this the case with all the jettas or specific to the demo car I drove? How is the NVH in general?

Two, the stock music system I think is a RCD 310 (the brochure says it comes with rcd 320 with usb), without even a USB capability. I asked the salesman if it could be changed but he said it cant be as of now. Can the existing comfortline owners confirm?

Thanks in advance.
vijayvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta Comfortline 2.0 CrTDI : Test Drive And Initial Report sammycoolster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 13th November 2012 00:48
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks