Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:10   #196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Went to the VW Downtown stockyard at Panvel to have a look at 'Meine Deutsches Madchen' (My German girl).
================
The 2 younger siblings in the family.
Attachment 612981
Guess it was very cloudy when you took the pics, and so the colours arent really standing out for what they are. I didn't even realize that the top half had a white protective sticker, until I saw the brown Jetta in the background in the third pic. I didnt get your white saree analogy either. Now I realize that I should have been looking only at the lower half.

Maybe its the light, but I thought leaf silver had a greenish tinge to it, when I saw the shade at the showroom. Also, I guess this means you sorted out the issue of different colours being delivered in different months?
Aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:10   #197
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Guess it was very cloudy when you took the pics, and so the colours arent really standing out for what they are. I didn't even realize that the top half had a white protective sticker, until I saw the brown Jetta in the background in the third pic. I didnt get your white saree analogy either. Now I realize that I should have been looking only at the lower half.

Maybe its the light, but I thought leaf silver had a greenish tinge to it, when I saw the shade at the showroom. Also, I guess this means you sorted out the issue of different colours being delivered in different months?
It as drizzling when i took the pics so couldn't use the DSLR. The photos dont do justice to the colour at all. As VW2010 said, the colour is very inexplicable. It has a base of silver, a very very light greenish tint and a dual tone golden which changes into silver in bright sunlight.
Yes, the dealer was correct about the colour schedule. He was in sync with the manufacturing process throughout!

One question though, when the car is brought from the stockyard to the dealership in the city after paying octroi, is it driven the whole way or again transported in containers?
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 14:33   #198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Yes, they do drive it from the stockyard.

Picked up my jetta today. Will put up the thread in the next few days.
Aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 16:26   #199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 17 Times
Smile Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

The first Highline AT has been delivered today morning in chennai. Since it is for dad I might take some time to spend time with her and post the thread. Drove it from the showroom to dad's workplace in adyar. The steering is so light I felt like driving a swift. Hope it tightens up at high speeds. Review coming soon.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:14   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,831
Thanked: 165 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The first Highline AT has been delivered today morning in chennai. Since it is for dad I might take some time to spend time with her and post the thread. Drove it from the showroom to dad's workplace in adyar. The steering is so light I felt like driving a swift. Hope it tightens up at high speeds. Review coming soon.
Great and Congrats, Awaiting Review.
I am also eyeing for the same as my next car will be an AT.
But the only grouse is No ACC for that money we pay for.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 17:19   #201
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Picked up my jetta today. Will put up the thread in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The first Highline AT has been delivered today morning in chennai.
Man! You guys are making me envious. I had to delay the delivery to 28th of this month because my family wants the car to come after the 'shraad' thing ends (though I have no idea what it means).
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 18:20   #202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Man! You guys are making me envious. I had to delay the delivery to 28th of this month because my family wants the car to come after the 'shraad' thing ends (though I have no idea what it means).
So did you pick it up today? Still to see another Jetta on Mumbai roads... Guess there will be more from tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
The first Highline AT has been delivered today morning in chennai. Since it is for dad I might take some time to spend time with her and post the thread. Drove it from the showroom to dad's workplace in adyar. The steering is so light I felt like driving a swift. Hope it tightens up at high speeds. Review coming soon.
Congrats, deepakchan. I was nervous like hell on the drive back from the showroom. At the fuel station, when I gave the free 15l diesel coupon at the end,

Fuel attendant (with cheesy smile) : Aapki nayi gaadi mein boni kiya hai. Hum bhi thoda mithai kha lenge.

Yours truly (already on edge, and further irritated by the way the guy said it): Boss, gaadi ke saath koi mithai-vithai free nahin mila. Kahan se khilaoon.

The guy didn't deserve it, but got it anyway. Now I feel bad.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th September 2011 at 18:42. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 19:42   #203
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
So did you pick it up today? Still to see another Jetta on Mumbai roads... Guess there will be more from tomorrow.



I was nervous like hell on the drive back from the showroom. At the fuel station, when I gave the free 15l diesel coupon at the end...
Yes I picked it up today. Was the first to reach the VW Downtown showroom today at 10. The place was kinda over crowded due to 55 odd deliveries in one day (the adjacent Honda showroom was deserted).
However due to certain technical difficulty at their workshop, the final PDI was delayed. Never the less, one look at the car and everything was forgiven later on.

VW Downtown gave me 25l of diesel! The petrol pump was swamped with taxis and other cars. It was a nightmare for me to maneuver the giant (its longer than a C Class and a 3 Series beamer) because I was forced to enter the pump from the wrong side.
The attendant told my dad, "Saaaar aaj toh kitni saari nayi gaadiyaan aayi!"

PS: I was told that mine was the first and only leaf silver Jetta in Mumbai yet. Makes me feel a bit special! The sales execs were all drooling at the colour.

PSS: The dashboard is soft plastic.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 07:53   #204
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Yes I picked it up today.
Congratulations Lamboguy! Looking forward to your detailed ownership review. Meanwhile, can you please post a picture of your Leaf Silver beauty here? Thanks!
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 08:32   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

@VB_San

I think the leaf silver is something similar to this below link. But looks even more subtle in real

Silver Leaf Metallic VW Passat CC Wallpaper #45
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 08:47   #206
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,167
Thanked: 2,936 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I am waiting for ownership threads. Call it my bad luck but I have still not managed to spot a single new jetta in Delhi. Although I have chased down some A4s mistaking them to be my first spotting of the jetta .
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 12:45   #207
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,459
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@VB_San

I think the leaf silver is something similar to this below link. But looks even more subtle in real

Silver Leaf Metallic VW Passat CC Wallpaper #45
Thanks VW2010. I have seen many Passat CCs in this colour, but did not know that it is called Leaf Silver. I always thought its a shade of beige. Should be good on the Jetta
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 18:23   #208
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Lamboguy! Looking forward to your detailed ownership review. Meanwhile, can you please post a picture of your Leaf Silver beauty here? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@VB_San

I think the leaf silver is something similar to this below link. But looks even more subtle in real

Silver Leaf Metallic VW Passat CC Wallpaper #45
I have not been able to take a decent picture of the car due to time constraints. However this is the one I took on the go. The actual colour isn't coming out in the picture. The camera is not able to capture the golden tint.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_4083.jpg

@VW2010 I doubt if the colour of that Passat is Leaf Silver.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 19:20   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
@VW2010 I doubt if the colour of that Passat is Leaf Silver.
True lamboguy. As i said, its far more subtle. It just has a very fine layer of gold in it.

Also is there something sticking on the left rear of the trunk lid.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 20:59   #210
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Also is there something sticking on the left rear of the trunk lid.
No no, its just the reflection of the sky blocked by leaves.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta Comfortline 2.0 CrTDI : Test Drive And Initial Report sammycoolster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 13th November 2012 00:48
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks