Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 11:11   #2431
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Delhi
Posts: 112
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Check the RCD 510 Manual which you would have got with the car, Or else if any chances to get the code that can be with the service centre, I had the same issue with the RCD 320 i had sold to a guy, I never found the code and he could never use half of its features, So eventually i had to take it back.

I got the code. One of the service center asked for an email. I sent them with RC copy, serial key etc but then they refused to give me the info saying security concerns and asked me to come in person. Other service center gave me the code just by a simple call.

I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
Metallicar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 11:56   #2432
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Took delivery of the 2.0TDI Comfortline today. Was pleasantly surprised to see an MIB 2 system and I'm pretty sure the car has 8 speakers.

Can you post some pics of the system ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 12:27   #2433
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on owning the tank. What was the final on-road price? and share your first drive experience. Wish you many many million happy miles!!
Final on road price was Rs. 19,80,000 ish.
The ride quality is amazing. Only quirk I have till date is the hill hold and how it makes you stall. Have to get used to it.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock voice commands and app connect?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 13:08   #2434
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 1,247 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
If the cooling is changing automatically then get it checked, Surely isn't normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Only quirk I have till date is the hill hold and how it makes you stall. Have to get used to it.
There are 3 settings for hill hold which you can set via VCD's, 1st is Early, 2nd is Medium ( Which i think is the default one), 3rd setting is late, I tried all 3 of them and eventually kept it at the default value, Give it a shot you might like the 3rd setting.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 13:44   #2435
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,483
Thanked: 7,794 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I got the code. One of the service center asked for an email. I sent them with RC copy, serial key etc but then they refused to give me the info saying security concerns and asked me to come in person. Other service center gave me the code just by a simple call.

I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
Quite possible that the filter is clogged if it is 9 months to 1 year after service. My Jetta is now pathetic. Same thing happened last year before I was to set off on a drive to Pune. VW cleaned the filter. This worked. Came back, got it serviced and drove to Kerala where it was fine
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 14:11   #2436
BHPian
 
Freewheelin_KD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
It might also be an electro-mechanical valve that's fitted on the compressor. Our Jetta was also facing a similar problem. The cooling used to pick up only after I revved the car to a certain RPM.

Took it to the service centre and they immediately said it might be this valve and if not, the compressor. They replaced this valve and flushed the system. The AC is working fine now. There was another Jetta in the service station at that time with the same issue. Seems there are a lot of complaints with regards to this valve.
Freewheelin_KD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 17:14   #2437
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
The simplest explanation is rat bite on your o2 sensor. The sensor is right inside the front grill and visible and reachable via hand. Check if the wires are intact before it leads you to bigger compressor problems.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 19:39   #2438
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 207
Thanked: 70 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Took delivery of the 2.0TDI Comfortline today. Was pleasantly surprised to see an MIB 2 system and I'm pretty sure the car has 8 speakers.
Congratulations !! I would suggest you put the transparent protective strips around the outer edges of the car and orvm , till you get used to the dimensions of the car
hubolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 21:57   #2439
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Congratulations !! I would suggest you put the transparent protective strips around the outer edges of the car and orvm , till you get used to the dimensions of the car
Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am used to the dimensions and the parking sensors are a boon in keeping the driver alert.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 21:29   #2440
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Have a couple queries.
How do I ensure kerb view works?
How do I ensure that the party trick where the brake light stays on when the indicator is switched on works?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 22:18   #2441
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Have a couple queries.
How do I ensure kerb view works?
How do I ensure that the party trick where the brake light stays on when the indicator is switched on works?
Apologize for the blunt reply here. This information is available all over the Web. Its a specific sequence of action when it comes to your second question which is also discussed in detail here.

For kerb view - I think you meant the mirror going down when you put your car to reverse. This is existing functionality.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 00:36   #2442
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Apologize for the blunt reply here. This information is available all over the Web. Its a specific sequence of action when it comes to your second question which is also discussed in detail here.

For kerb view - I think you meant the mirror going down when you put your car to reverse. This is existing functionality.
Kerb View is definitely not a existing functionality in my 2015 Jetta CL.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 03:35   #2443
BHPian
 
bharat4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 526
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Apologize for the blunt reply here. This information is available all over the Web. Its a specific sequence of action when it comes to your second question which is also discussed in detail here.

For kerb view - I think you meant the mirror going down when you put your car to reverse. This is existing functionality.

What is the term which I should search for on the web? I couldn't get any concrete results with any search term I used.

Also as per my brochure, kerb view is part of the 2015 CL. Is it not? When I engage reverse gear I expected the mirrors to turn slightly to face a bit down. But nothing happens. I remember that it happened when I did the PDI at the yard, but nothing now. Was wondering if I screwed up any setting.
There is a "Mirror down" setting on the MFD, which I have selected.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 06:23   #2444
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,030
Thanked: 1,614 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Also as per my brochure, kerb view is part of the 2015 CL. Is it not? When I engage reverse gear I expected the mirrors to turn slightly to face a bit down. But nothing happens. I remember that it happened when I did the PDI at the yard, but nothing now. Was wondering if I screwed up any setting.
There is a "Mirror down" setting on the MFD, which I have selected.
You need to set the position of the mirror for reverse gear. Follow this procedure.

1. While in neutral, set the mirror adjust knob to "L"
2. Adjust the left mirror for the desired position during normal drive
3. Engage reverse gear
4. Now adjust the left mirror to show the kerb

Once the above setting is done, when you engage forward gear and drive, when the car reaches 15kph, you can notice the mirror moving up to normal position. When you engage reverse gear, the mirror will move down showing the kerb.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 06:59   #2445
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Kerb View is definitely not a existing functionality in my 2015 Jetta CL.
Thats a surprise. I definitely think this is a standard feature for all versions but i may be wrong. This was sold as part of convenience package earlier.

Try the method suggested by Graaja to eliminate.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta Comfortline 2.0 CrTDI : Test Drive And Initial Report sammycoolster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 13th November 2012 00:48
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks