Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th May 2016, 10:24   #2551
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Don't worry its completely normal and mind you the default setting for the hill hold on jetta is very sensitive, It might even happen on a speed breaker.
Thanks Tanveer. Where & how can I change the default setting ?
sunsbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:28   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post

It can be changed using VCD's cable, You would need some help if you haven't done it before.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 10:42   #2553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post

The default setting I feel is just right. Just needs some getting used to. Make sure to press the accelerator enough to let the car know that you are indeed moving forward.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 11:03   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
The default setting I feel is just right. Just needs some getting used to. Make sure to press the accelerator enough to let the car know that you are indeed moving forward.

Infact yes even i found the default one to be the most usable one, "Early" is another setting but it kicks in very very soon, And the other setting being "late" isn't very usable too.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 18:35   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry its normal, As said by akshay123, Its the DPF regeneration, RPM's are higher than the usual (Around 1k) Internationally the cluster's are enabled with a DPF indicator which shows that its in action, Its omitted here in India so there is no indication about it.

You don't have a lemon don't worry, Just see what the Service centre says and get your car back.

Finally got the car back.
Looks like the cruise control module is bust. The dealer has ordered for parts from VW will take a week.

Regarding the smoke issue, I guess they are in the dark. Apparently, no errors on the log and they have checked the fuel lines and a general check up of the car. No issues. I hope the issue, what ever it was, is sorted. They have done a close to 40km TD and things seem to be ok. They have assured me that everything is ok. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th May 2016 at 19:27.
differential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 19:23   #2556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Looks like the cruise control module is bust. The dealer has ordered for parts from VW will take a week.

Regarding the smoke issue, I guess they are in the dark. Apparently, no errors on the log and they have checked the fuel lines and a general check up of the car. No issues. I hope the issue, what ever it was, is sorted. They have done a close to 40km TD and things seem to be ok. They have assured me that everything is ok. Fingers crossed.
As many have pointed out, the smoke should have been because of DPF regeneration. With lots of city driving, that is totally normal. Nothing to worry about.
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 19:36   #2557
BHPian

Quote:

Be prepared for it to turn up every 1000 km odd. Do not get freaked out. It's just the regeneration, and there are several threads on VWVortex, and equal number of opinions on whether the smoke should come or not.
Just ensure that you take her for long drives once in a while. Thats all, and have a safe drive.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 16:27   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Be prepared for it to turn up every 1000 km odd. Do not get freaked out. It's just the regeneration, and there are several threads on VWVortex, and equal number of opinions on whether the smoke should come or not.

Just ensure that you take her for long drives once in a while. Thats all, and have a safe drive.

Will be sure to remember that. Did a 100 km run early this morning. Car as good as ever. Though I was constantly checking the RVM for smoke!!

Does the Jetta have auto wipers? If so, how do I activate it? It was drizzling this morning and I was using the intermittent function. BTW the headlights are good and the cornering lamps are also quite useful on the twisties. Will be doing a chennai trip this weekend. Looking forward to it.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:59   #2559
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Does the Jetta have auto wipers? If so, how do I activate it? It was drizzling this morning and I was using the intermittent function.
Keep in in the intermittent position, adjust the wipe interval switch for sensitivity. Wipers will turn on automatically and adjust frequency. I use the auto function a lot
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 07:29   #2560
BHPian

Default Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

First long trip in the Jetta after a few teething issues.
The car is super on the highways. The suspension is very good and masks speed. The fuel efficiency for the trip was an average 18 kmpl as per the mid with an average speed of 90kmph. ( over a distance of 500km).

I guess the smile is back. Esp. After the smoke issue.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 13:37   #2561
BHPian

Quote:
Will be sure to remember that. Did a 100 km run early this morning. Car as good as ever. Though I was constantly checking the RVM for smoke!!

Does the Jetta have auto wipers? If so, how do I activate it? It was drizzling this morning and I was using the intermittent function. BTW the headlights are good and the cornering lamps are also quite useful on the twisties. Will be doing a chennai trip this weekend. Looking forward to it.
Hope you got the auto wiper function sorted out.
Did the VW service explain at lenght why the white smoke appeared?
And did they bill anything on you?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 19:51   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Someone asked if the pedal is easy to remove. Its actually very easy. I used really two small screw drivers to get this done. Next is to see how i can remove the body completely to clean the contacts, the pump i guess which is inside and the electronic contacts.

But its a easy DIY to install those metal pedals.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 23:19   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you got the auto wiper function sorted out.

Did the VW service explain at lenght why the white smoke appeared?

And did they bill anything on you?

Auto wipers sorted. Thanks.

Actually, the VW guys appeared clueless as to the smoke. Just kept repeating that it was a one off and they had checked everything including fuel lines.

No billing.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:54   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
First long trip in the Jetta after a few teething issues.
The car is super on the highways. The suspension is very good and masks speed. The fuel efficiency for the trip was an average 18 kmpl as per the mid with an average speed of 90kmph. ( over a distance of 500km).

I guess the smile is back. Esp. After the smoke issue.
I can assure you, both the power and efficiency will have you grinning after every long drive - I enjoy my monthly 350 KM's BLR <> CBE trips with 140 BHP / 320 Nm on tap in 5 Hrs and still manage > 20 KMPL

Last edited by AirWind : 17th May 2016 at 09:57.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 12:46   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I enjoy my monthly 350 KM's BLR <> CBE trips with 140 BHP / 320 Nm on tap in 5 Hrs and still manage > 20 KMPL
Thats the best part about this engine isn't it? It can keep a smile on your face as well as being a diesel its lighter on the pocket, I have even able to achieve 20+ KMPL on certain trips when i was just cruising at 100-110 kph in 6th gear, But sure its difficult to cruise, Have to downshift every time i see an open stretch.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   Reply With Quote