Old 3rd October 2016, 11:45   #2701
BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Here you go.
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...ce-action.html

Click on VIN check above.
Thanks Bharat. Mine also is tagged for Recall, and I hope this is not for the Emission Related fix :( Because I remember Dealer confirming me that Emission Related Firmware fix is already included in most of the newer models/versions (this was back in January'16). So I wonder what's this now. Or are these normal for VW ?

Meantime, I managed to put up my Ownership Writing (Driving around the Black Beauty - 2016 VW Jetta Diesel DSG Highline) - finally!

sunsbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:51   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
Thanks Bharat. Mine also is tagged for Recall, and I hope this is not for the Emission Related fix :( Because I remember Dealer confirming me that Emission Related Firmware fix is already included in most of the newer models/versions (this was back in January'16). So I wonder what's this now. Or are these normal for VW ?

Meantime, I managed to put up my Ownership Writing (Driving around the Black Beauty - 2016 VW Jetta Diesel DSG Highline) - finally!

It is for the emission related issue. The SAs know nothing about what happens at the plant. And most of the SAs know less compared to what we know about the car.

Read your thread. Fabulously written, and the color just oozes class. I'm having a tinge of regret on buying a brown :(
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:05   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
It is for the emission related issue. The SAs know nothing about what happens at the plant. And most of the SAs know less compared to what we know about the car.

Same thing here too. Our Jetta is also in the list of recall. Haven't heard a thing from dealer yet on this issue. Will wait for some time, before approaching them, but they won't be knowing anything regarding this.

Quote:
I'm having a tinge of regret on buying a brown :(
Well it's not just you, even I too regret on buying Candy White when there were so many nice colors on offer. But there was a reason behind that. When we had booked one way back in August 2011, a week later dealer had called, he said they currently have only White in Comfortline and due to high demand, it may take 2 months for other color.

We were offered a Black Highline Manual, but the difference was roughly around 2 lakhs hence rejected the offer. Hence had to get White CL and barring that it's a Great, Well Engineered Car. Can't ask anything more.

Cheers
CarguyNish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 16:26   #2704
BHPian

I have given my Jetta for routine servicing to Vidyut Motors, Pune for the first time. Prior to this I used to go to B U Bhandari, but this time they had a wait time of almost a month, so decided to go to Vidyut based on recommendation of a friend. The car is not back yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there are no unpleasant surprises.

The driver side door actuator wasn't working properly, so to replace it, they have given an estimate of Rs. 7124/- (Part number: 5K2837016D)

I was also informed that the fuel door actuator has also gone bad. I had not noticed it earlier. The estimate for replacing is Rs. 2032/- (Part number: 5C6810773H).

Both parts seem quite expensive, but I guess that is part and parcel of owning a VW (particularly a CKD model like Jetta). Please let me know if the prices quoted seem abnormal and I will take it up with their management.

I also enquired about the voluntary recall as my car VIN number showed up in the search, but the workshop has no idea. When I asked my service advisor to find out the details, he said that they are going to update the software or something but they can't do it now because they are not sure how to do it and the VW company guys are unavailable on the weekend to support, so I guess I will need to send my car to the workshop once again
MandarMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 10:01   #2705
BHPian

Had a puncture and only now I realize that the spare isn't a space saver. It's a full size. Pleasantly amused.

Also the bolts arent any high security bolts. They're normal. Is that the case always with a CL ?
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 10:34   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
My Jetta is also included in this recall, which states its for a software update.

"It is clarified that there will not be any repair as this is not a case of any part of vehicle going bad. This exercise is to carry out certain updates in the vehicles. The 1.2 and 2.0 litre engines will get a software update. A "flow rectifier" will be fitted in front of the air mass sensor on the 1.5-litre and 1.6-litre EA 189 engine along with the software update."

Also on checking the VIN against this site, it says my Jetta is not affected.
http://info.volkswagen.com/gb/en/hom...=check-own-car

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th October 2016 at 06:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 22:15   #2707
GTO
Team-BHP Support

YUCK! Why would anyone do this to such a beautiful sedan .

Spotted on Saturday night - a Jetta with black bumpers. It was surely intentional as the car had nice aftermarket rims + some other enhancements.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20161008-22.46.50.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20161008-22.46.34.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 22:30   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
YUCK! Why would anyone do this to such a beautiful sedan .

Spotted on Saturday night - a Jetta with black bumpers. It was surely intentional as the car had nice aftermarket rims + some other enhancements.
Damm, That really hurted my eyes, Is that even a chrome strip i can spot on the boot? Wonder where people get such ideas from, I hope he is reading this and decides to do away with that, Jetta probably as stock looks the best and there is hardly anything that can be done for it to look better.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2016, 14:56   #2709
BHPian

This guy would have been better off getting some kind of black carbon fibre wrap for the roof, if at all he wanted to give the car a cosmetic makeover. That just makes the car look like it's sporting an unpainted black bumper. This is a memorable makeover, if for the wrong reasons.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 02:23   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Guys is there a way to find out if the odometer of the Jetta has been disconnected and reconnected?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 07:44   #2711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Guys is there a way to find out if the odometer of the Jetta has been disconnected and reconnected?
It is very hard to tamper with the instrument clusters of the VAG cars. The odo reading is stored in the EEPROM of the cluster and resetting to zero is possible only once within the first 150 km if I recall it correctly. For a new cluster, to restore the odo reading back, you need special equipment which only the service centers and a countable few modifiers in the country have.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 00:03   #2712
BHPian

Is it worth to buy the 2 year extended warranty ? My 1 Yr is coming up and i am wondering whether to pay up 40k for the 2 year extension.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 01:14   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It is very hard to tamper with the instrument clusters of the VAG cars. The odo reading is stored in the EEPROM of the cluster and resetting to zero is possible only once within the first 150 km if I recall it correctly. For a new cluster, to restore the odo reading back, you need special equipment which only the service centers and a countable few modifiers in the country have.
I have heard of odometer tampering of Audi A4 B8 being done here in India.

Moreover, I went to this VW service center last year. A senior tech there was doubting a car's odometer reading. He suspected odometer tampering.

I have not researched on the kind of EEPROMs these cars use, but in theory it would not be hard to replace an EEPROM, if it is not erasable for some reason. I have read it is usually done for like Rs. 1500 for one car.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 01:17   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Is it worth to buy the 2 year extended warranty ? My 1 Yr is coming up and i am wondering whether to pay up 40k for the 2 year extension.
Depends till when are you planning to keep the car, If you will keep it for another 2 years, Get it ! Warranty for germans is a must! I did not extend mine since ill be selling off my car anytime, So did not feel right to pay 50-60k for the extended warranty since i won't keep the car for more than a couple more months.

Remember a smallest thing in a german can also cost a bomb! So my advice get it!
Tanveer_2558 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 22:08   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gannu_1, I picked up an AT Highline TDI last week and upon turning on the entertainment system it started to hunt for "Pranjal's" phone. I was like who in God's name is Pranjal and why my new car with 8.0 kms on the odometer is looking for this person.

The mystery was solved today when I was able to catch hold of the CRM at the dealership and it turns out that Pranjal is their in house accessory guy who checked the functioning of the ICE on delivery day. It seems he checked it as if he owned it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It is very hard to tamper with the instrument clusters of the VAG cars.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote