Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 09:36   #526
BHPian
 
Ayedongivadam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 152
Thanked: 120 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
....the damage to my new car gave me a sleepless night...
Am covered under Zero-Dep by Tata - 1st 2 claims every year covered in full. In a conundrum what to do.......! Any suggestions from others who's suffered a similar fate????
Irwin
Hi Irwin, sorry to hear about the mishap but glad nothing major happened to either you or the car.

Second, the car for the first six months is covered under zero depreciation by all insurance vendors end to end. If the expense of repairs outweighs the NCB amount I suggest go for it and get the bumper replaced (I had my brand spanking new SX4 get totalled on the drivers side completely by a sleepy truck driver in traffic - replaced both doors, front panel, both bumpers and everything on the drivers side without a cent being spent out of pocket). Remember the bumper is structurally damaged now, not once but twice has it shielded the body of the car from impact. The third time it might just give way at its most weakest point in a situation where its not supposed too and transfer the impact to the car.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 13:48   #527
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Update on Jetta TSI:

Got a message from the Bangalore dealer:

"We have got first car dispatch from VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TSI COMFORTLINE Moon rock silver color……we will be having it in stock in next 5 days, so that you can come and have a look on the same…."

No discounts at all now (other than some minor "corporate discount")
Ajith-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 22:56   #528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 631 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Does the Jetta have the rough road package or any form of under chassis protection? Looks like the Jetta has been subject to quite some cost cutting.
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 01:38   #529
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

@Nitinbose.

The under chassis protection is default in all three version of Jetta. The cost cutting is mostly in other forms including plastics used inside, sharing parts with other cars and other more operational effective parameters.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 07:34   #530
Distinguished - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 7,593
Thanked: 4,509 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010

Personally i would take the cheapest route and avoid using the insurance. The zero claim bonus are pretty high and you can use the zero dep when it is really required. Bumpers are meant to be brushed and broken in traffic. YOu may spend 35 K and replace thebumper only to scratch or dent it while simply reversing.

Just take the cheapest non insurance route in this case.
Yes I agree with this provided the cost of likely repairs is way below the premium that I pay.
If the cost is viciously high and is equal to or in excess of the premium I have oaid, I will claim every paisa from the insurer.

VW2010 - this is OT but is that a Bassett or a Beagle or Jack Russell in your avatar pic?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 08:20   #531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 984
Thanked: 631 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Nitinbose.

The under chassis protection is default in all three version of Jetta. The cost cutting is mostly in other forms including plastics used inside, sharing parts with other cars and other more operational effective parameters.

This is very strange and interesting! When you take a look at the VW website, they do not mention the Jetta has an under chassis protection, as well as traction control - except for the passat. Are they trying to push customers for the passat if they're considering a Jetta?
nitinbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 08:57   #532
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,291
Thanked: 1,363 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
If the cost is viciously high and is equal to or in excess of the premium I have oaid, I will claim every paisa from the insurer.
Completely agree here. My only reason was if the Bumper is still intact and it is the fibre that has got mildly hit i would leave it for some more time. The bumpers are quite strong and yet quite soft to take the beating. Once a Nano in a crawling traffic hit mine from behind only to see the nana front bumper falling down. I didnt even see a scratch in mine. If the bumper is completely out of its socket then i would change the bumper. The NCB on these cars are pretty high and one can use that 2 times B-B claim on some serious claims(Godforsaken you should never use it).

And its a Beagle.

Jetta has an under chassis protection, as well as traction control

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa..._ebrochure.pdf

Check the above brochure. It does mention about ESP
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 10:06   #533
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I was surprised - I test drove a Jetta HL in first week of June, Placed the order for Platinum Grey HL MT on 14th June and I got delivery on 18th June...
Already drove it for 700 odd km. I am loving the drive.
MG1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 10:29   #534
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 742
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1558 View Post
I was surprised - I test drove a Jetta HL in first week of June, Placed the order for Platinum Grey HL MT on 14th June and I got delivery on 18th June...
Already drove it for 700 odd km. I am loving the drive.
Which dealership was this? I guess the dealer had the color readily available. I have booked a candy white and apparently the dealer has not received any comfortline in that color and hence the waiting period.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:27   #535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Personally i would take the cheapest route and avoid using the insurance. The zero claim bonus are pretty high and you can use the zero dep when it is really required. Bumpers are meant to be brushed and broken in traffic. YOu may spend 35 K and replace thebumper only to scratch or dent it while simply reversing.

Just take the cheapest non insurance route in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Hi Irwin, sorry to hear about the mishap but glad nothing major happened to either you or the car.

Second, the car for the first six months is covered under zero depreciation by all insurance vendors end to end. If the expense of repairs outweighs the NCB amount I suggest go for it and get the bumper replaced (I had my brand spanking new SX4 get totalled on the drivers side completely by a sleepy truck driver in traffic - replaced both doors, front panel, both bumpers and everything on the drivers side without a cent being spent out of pocket). Remember the bumper is structurally damaged now, not once but twice has it shielded the body of the car from impact. The third time it might just give way at its most weakest point in a situation where its not supposed too and transfer the impact to the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes I agree with this provided the cost of likely repairs is way below the premium that I pay.
If the cost is viciously high and is equal to or in excess of the premium I have oaid, I will claim every paisa from the insurer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Completely agree here. My only reason was if the Bumper is still intact and it is the fibre that has got mildly hit i would leave it for some more time. The bumpers are quite strong and yet quite soft to take the beating. The NCB on these cars are pretty high and one can use that 2 times B-B claim on some serious claims(Godforsaken you should never use it).
Thanks guys.. This helps me form an opinion. The bumper is still intact, it has a couple of deep scratches and a mild dent. And the frame has been slightly bent - so the alignment of the bumped with the tail lights has gone mildly astray...

Let me post pictures shortly - that will give the perspective.

Maybe i can just cover up the scratches with the T_BHP sticker.. :-) He He..!
ipsanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:35   #536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

@Shivasuma - Yes, I was lucky as VW Palace Cross had the color. The White looks very nice - good choice, I also contemplated it but was only worried about the maintaining it.
MG1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 17:09   #537
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

so although i had booked a white HL AT Jetta, the dealer said that there was a huge shortage for the delivery of Jetta and that he was getting a new color i.e. Moonrock Silver(no other color was gonna come anytime soon) and offered to take us to their stockyard to see the color so that we could finalize(could not wait any longer but had to at least check the color first).
When i did see it at first i was not entirely convinced as the car was not completely open i.e. it had some protective covering to protect the paint but still we agreed to take it as the wait was just killing us.
Finally took delivery on the 21st of June(i know it's been a long time but was kinda busy) and man the car looked gorgeous. it's my opinion(it may be biased :P) that the jetta looks best in moon rock silver among all the colors available in India(love the blue color that was there at the US launch of the Jetta). The dealer also mentioned that this may be the first moon rock silver Jetta in India.
Have only completed around 250 km till now and i love it. This is our first automatic and have to say it is really convenient in the city and even on the highway very rarely did i feel like challenging the gear shifts made by the DSG system.
Later i got to know from the dealer that all the Jetta deliveries have been pushed to October so i feel good that we got this one.
'AL' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 11:06   #538
BHPian
 
vkaul1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 230
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
so although i had booked a white HL AT Jetta, ....
Finally took delivery on the 21st of June(i know it's been a long time but was kinda busy) and man the car looked gorgeous. it's my opinion(it may be biased :P) that the jetta looks best in moon rock silver among all the colors available in India(love the blue color that was there at the US launch of the Jetta)....
Congrats on your fantastic buy AL. Once you take it on the highway to stretch its long legs, you'll completely fall in love with her

Can you pls share some pics of the Moonrock color.
vkaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 22:21   #539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 70
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Thanks guys.. This helps me form an opinion. The bumper is still intact, it has a couple of deep scratches and a mild dent. And the frame has been slightly bent - so the alignment of the bumped with the tail lights has gone mildly astray...

Let me post pictures shortly - that will give the perspective.

Maybe i can just cover up the scratches with the T_BHP sticker.. :-) He He..!
Here are a few pictures of the damage. Its probably not enough to immediately get it fixed, yet glaring enough to constantly bother me... :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000037.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000036.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000035.jpg  

ipsanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 22:36   #540
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,461
Thanked: 3,085 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Autocar India's comparison between Jetta, Fluence and the Cruze:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&f...&v=8p_p0qEAfek

Last edited by vb-san : 6th July 2012 at 22:38. Reason: URL edited
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 3931 5th December 2016 14:24
Volkswagen Jetta Comfortline 2.0 CrTDI : Test Drive And Initial Report sammycoolster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 13th November 2012 00:48
Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 Litre Petrol (Trendline) Test Drive, Review & Photos Karizma Fan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 18th February 2010 20:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks