Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th October 2011, 13:09   #391
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If Honda, Chevrolet and Ford can give 1.2L engined cars under 4L, why can't mass producers like Maruti and Hyundai do it?
But Hyundai gives discounts on i10 1.2 (30k cash with no negotiation) + 10k pre-bundled accessory package. That bring the price of the i10 about 10-20k lesser than the comparable Brio variant.

Similarly Alto (with Himalayan height sales) is seeing discounts like never before. Alto F8, K10, A-star, Estilo, Wagan-R - all have discounts in the range of 25k - 45k depending on the day, city, variant, etc
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 14:09   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

@dipen; If you keep your car for say 5 years, a 50k discount works out to Rs.10,000 pa. You pay your money and take your choice.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 14:48   #393
Senior - BHPian

@sgiitk
The intention of mentioning the prices is not to pronounce or conclude the better choice. It is just for information to all that it does not matter how the car is priced ex-showroom but what matters to the end user is the final OTR in comparison to the competition OTR at that time.

While I agree that for small price difference of 10-20k, people should go for what they like, but for 50k difference, people in this price-sensitive segment would definitely make a value for money call.

The price gap between all the cars in the 3-5 lak segment is 25k for the next model.
Alto F8 > K10 = Spark > Santro > Beat > I10 > Brio > Swift

So 50k is a huge amount enough for most buyers to tilt the choice in favor of the other. And if we dig deeep into financials, the interest on 50k would cover an entire month's fuel expense.

Last edited by dipen : 7th October 2011 at 15:02.
dipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 23:18   #394
BHPian

I have cancelled my Brio booking.
Can't wait for 2 months, despite booking car on 15th Sep.

Got a Ritz Petrol instead.

Good luck to all those who are willing to wait.It is a very fine package indeed.
acroback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 01:47   #395
BHPian

I never even bothered to book it as there was no TD vehicle.. Just curious as to how manufacturers expect people to book without a TD. Me shortlisted the City instead but I agree the Brio seems like a good package.. based on reviews alone!
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 10:55   #396
BHPian

Even i've booked the Brio SMT.

But yesterday, Hyundai Dealer had called and offered discounts on the i20 Magna with sunfilm, Mudflaps, Antirust, etc. ( and oh, Dad has an i10, so loyalty bonus also kicks in)

This means that Brio with basic accessories will come to just 25-28K lesser than the i20 magna.

For max 28K more, I get a LOT bigger car, huge boot, rear parcel tray, cooled glove box, rear de-fogger, steering adjust, and a dead pedal.

What i don't is steering mounted control and a rattly steering? ( Does this problem exist in the newer i20s as well?)

I know i20 and Brio are not the same segment, but i'm forced to compare based such a small difference in price.

I'm confused now.
I would be grateful if someone could help!
kart19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 12:14   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post

But yesterday, Hyundai Dealer had called and offered discounts on the i20 Magna with sunfilm, Mudflaps, Antirust, etc. ( and oh, Dad has an i10, so loyalty bonus also kicks in)

This means that Brio with basic accessories will come to just 25-28K lesser than the i20 magna.

For max 28K more, I get a LOT bigger car, huge boot, rear parcel tray, cooled glove box, rear de-fogger, steering adjust, and a dead pedal.

What i don't is steering mounted control and a rattly steering? ( Does this problem exist in the newer i20s as well?)

I know i20 and Brio are not the same segment, but i'm forced to compare based such a small difference in price.

I'm confused now.
Kart19 & do remember that the face lifted i20 (fluidic face mask) is round the corner. Would be wise to get that & if your going to do that, then it's going to involve at least a few more months of waiting (not including the time of order to delivery). So i guess that should be added to the comparisons between the cars (the longer wait).
AvinashV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 12:58   #398
BHPian

Quote:

I'm confused now.
For 28k more just go for the i20. Its a no brainer. You pretty much go a segment higher.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 13:14   #399
BHPian

Quote:

I'm confused now.
Nice!! It's a good problem to have. being in the car market of late, the only petrol hatchbacks that don't come along discounts/freebies are Suzukis and Hondas and if the current petrol/diesel price disparity continues and if their manufacturing increases, they will have to offer discounts too.

i20s are known to have known problems rattling, being underpowered and under powered A/C, wont offer the FE of Brio,but comes with lot of freebies. Other members have mentioned that maintenance cost of hyundais aren't low.

If you have an option of waiting, it might be worthwhile to do so, else at the prices you mentioned the price/utility ratio seems to favor i20.

personally i looked at both Brio/Jazz and went for a Jazz.
algos&autos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 14:29   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Kart19 & do remember that the face lifted i20 (fluidic face mask) is round the corner. Would be wise to get that & if your going to do that, then it's going to involve at least a few more months of waiting (not including the time of order to delivery). So i guess that should be added to the comparisons between the cars (the longer wait).
Honestly, I am cloyed by the whole fluidic thing.Fluidic i10 was refreshing, verna was gooood, and now EON, really? I'd rather go for the current i20. Also, not planning to wait for that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by algos&autos View Post
i20s are known to have known problems rattling, being underpowered and under powered A/C, wont offer the FE of Brio,but comes with lot of freebies. Other members have mentioned that maintenance cost of hyundais aren't low.
Are these problems taken care of? any idea? Read some news that company had fixed this, any concrete info.

Based on this and the TD of Brio, I need to decide weather its the Brio or the i20 Magna
kart19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 17:29   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm confused now.
Forget about segment variances et al. Do an extensive TD of both cars, and see which one suit you better.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 23:56   #402
BHPian

I visited magnum honda today and had a look at Brio. It looks very good inside out. The dashboard looks much better in real than in the pics. Loved the steering wheel.
Now the bad part. Rear seats have very poor under thigh support. Can get uncomfortable for long drives. It wasn't easy for me to get in and out of both front and the back seats and i am no big man.
On a personal note i couldn't find a comfortable driving position. Not sure, but taller drivers might have an issue.
The sales executive told me that the car will be available for test drive from next week onwards and deliveries start in december.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 07:30   #403
BHPian

Post Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
The sales executive told me that the car will be available for test drive from next week onwards and deliveries start in December.
I had placed a call couple of weeks ago to Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon and they said that Jazz is not even available for test ride (delivery they say is between 4-6months) and Brio would be available next week. When i called this week for a test drive the say it will be available end of next week or early next month

I wonder what is the point in a launch if they cannot even allow a test drive. Like someone mentioned in the XUV thread 'a 6 months waiting period' will be a standard T&C for all newly launched vehicles.
LL4X4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 21:49   #404
Senior - BHPian

Somehow a sedan would look good...
Attached Images

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 21:52   #405
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Somehow a sedan would look good...
Yes this look good and may be a good idea to plan it. Could impact cars like Etios petrol. Lack of diesel will ensure that the numbers are moderated though

Cheers
KPS is offline   Reply With Quote