Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 7th November 2011, 23:54   #436
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
With such a deep glass area a parcel tray be tough to fit in.
With the sun film in place it really doesn't matter where the parcel tray is placed (as it will not be seen) but don't know if Honda knows that, also if the blacked area (on the glass borders) is raised from the bottom to parcel tray height it shouldn't be a problem, but that Honda has to do it. Alternatively even after market dark sun film can be installed to the level of the parcel tray, but where is the tray placed? I think full glass darker sun film should do the job well (could be a problem in some states where it is not allowed). In Bangalore its cool.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 07:20   #437
BHPian

The Brio V version definitely has rear parcel tray. Check the photographs in this review from autoX:
Driven: Honda Brio
sbhasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 23:08   #438
BHPian

Thumbs up Any Brio Owners here?

I have booked a Honda brio at Chennai. Decisison purely based on Wife's insistence as she is a BIG Honda fan and wanted to book the Jazz but with the Jazz bookings closed the next best thing she could spot was the Brio. (deep inside she still loves the CRV)

Now initially i was told that i could get the car by year end but now it seems it cud easily go into february.

Need fellow TBHPians to help with suggestion:

1. Is the BRIO worth waiting for? This would be my FIRST car. I have 6 bikes.
2. Should i cancel the booking and go for an alternative? Will i regret once i see other Brio's on the road?
3. Are there any BRIO owners here who can help me with their opinions on running cost of the car. All info i hv got now is from auto journo friends who have the company long term car at their disposal.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks a Ton.

Cheers

Praveen P Sathaye

1976 Yezdi 250
1980 Roadking
2005 Pulsar 180
2007 TBTS
2008 Honda Dio
2010 Honda Dio

Booked 2011/12 Honda Brio...
praveen_sathaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 23:32   #439
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Any Brio Owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
I have booked a Honda brio at Chennai. Decisison purely based on Wife's insistence as she is a BIG Honda fan and wanted to book the Jazz but with the Jazz bookings closed the next best thing she could spot was the Brio. (deep inside she still loves the CRV)

Now initially i was told that i could get the car by year end but now it seems it cud easily go into february.

Need fellow TBHPians to help with suggestion:

2. Should i cancel the booking and go for an alternative? Will i regret once i see other Brio's on the road?
3. Are there any BRIO owners here who can help me with their opinions on running cost of the car. All info i hv got now is from auto journo friends who have the company long term car at their disposal.

Cheers

Praveen P Sathaye

1976 Yezdi 250
1980 Roadking
2005 Pulsar 180
2007 TBTS
2008 Honda Dio
2010 Honda Dio

Brio will be worth the wait. If any car is desired by "heart" i would suggest to wait for it even if it is till april next year. I tell this assuming you can do without a car till Brio is delivered. For me Toyota is an aspirational brand and will wait and buy a toyota only come what may.

Since your spouse likes the Honda badge, go in for the Brio.

Well, after a couple of months, when the inital enthu of buying a nwe car is gone, you will definetly feel it whenever you see a brio/jazz. So wait for it. The joy of getting your heart's desire is worth the wait.

I know some non-tbhpians who are quite pleased with the brio and maintenance seems reasonable for a Honda small car.

Hope this helps. congrats on your new car booking.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 1st December 2011 at 23:33.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 23:44   #440
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Praveen,

IMO, Brio is a fabulous car and you would not regret it once you have one. The car is definitely a lady puller and my wife drooled big time after seeing the car! (We had gone to the showroom to see the car, just out of curiosity)

I have seent the Brio in flesh in Blue and White and both colors look good on the car, though my fav is Blue.

Reviews are good, and i believe if you can wait for some time, this is a great car to own.
If you can't wait, and if the dealers are not providing the correct estimate of delivery, you can look for alternatives.

P.S. I loved the Brio commercial as well! It loves you back
mayank10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:20   #441
Senior - BHPian

Have you gone through the official T-BHP review of the Brio?
Check it out - should help clear some doubts: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html (Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review)
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:46   #442
Senior - BHPian

The answer was hidden in the question itself.
Quote:
1. Is the BRIO worth waiting for? This would be my FIRST car.
If you have waited this long and already have many choices to ride, why not few days more. We don't buy cars frequently (well, most of us) so, if there is no genuine urgency, i would advise you to wait. May be you get it early due to cancellations by other customers.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 01:06   #443
Team-BHP Support

Some of you'll might know that I'm an ardent Honda follower. I swear by their products, even if they're over-priced. It may look over-priced to some, but it's great value for me!

I can't wait to sell my Santro and get my hands on a Brio as soon as possible. What has put it off is the long waiting period and the natural calamities that have affected supply and assembly in Thailand. I'm hoping in a few months, that Honda resolves their issues and I can walk into a Honda showroom and book it!

The Brio is a fantastic car, IMO. It's an absolute delight to drive. It's peppy, it's fun, it feels light and edgy, and very chuck-able. Add to that, it's quite fast and quick, and frugal too! Somehow, and in some way, it reminds me of our old yellow jelly-bean carb'd Zen. It's spacious enough for me, and is small and practical for city driving. And I don't know about the others, but I love the way it looks (apart from that horrendous big silver tooth in the front that they call a grille )

I'd recommend you wait for it. After all, it's a car that you WANT, and not something just to occupy the parking space, isn't it? So why the confusion?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2011 at 01:08.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 01:18   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye
Hi Praveen,

Good to bump into you here (HO 11)
My sincere advice, if this is the first and only car then book a jazz and wait for it.
The Brio may start feeling small after some time.

You will love the practicality of the Jazz once you own it.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:55   #445
BHPian

I am also selling my Santro Xing 2004 this month and booking a Brio... In my case I have a head Vs. Heart confusion - Head for Liva, heart for the Brio and I want to follow my heart as of now. So I feel its worth the wait. There is nothing as good as Brio in that segment - looks, engine, driving pleasure, FE, Suspension etc.
MadhuG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2011, 20:16   #446
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I might end up getting my Brio sooner than later. Blocked a Black V-MT today by putting a big down payment. The sales guy called me up out of the blue and told me he received two cars yesterday and was willing to give me one if I was interested. Went, checked the car and put a down payment. Gonna apply for a loan on monday for the remainder.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 00:56   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Hi Praveen,

Good to bump into you here (HO 11)
My sincere advice, if this is the first and only car then book a jazz and wait for it.
The Brio may start feeling small after some time.

You will love the practicality of the Jazz once you own it.
Hey Nitin..Nice to see you..small world i must say..most of my friends are here as well...BTW i did ask for a Jazz but they seem to have discontinued the jazz and said they are using the same engine in the Brio. Next best choice would be the City but for 2 people and a 1 year old..its kinda big...

So..BRIO it is...

Cheers

Praveen P Sathaye
praveen_sathaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 08:39   #448
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitin..Nice to see you..small world i must say..most of my friends are here as well...BTW i did ask for a Jazz but they seem to have discontinued the jazz and said they are using the same engine in the Brio. Next best choice would be the City but for 2 people and a 1 year old..its kinda big...

So..BRIO it is...

Cheers

Praveen P Sathaye
The Jazz has not been discontinued my friend. Rather due to the Thailand floods, Honda is not able to source certain critical parts for the Jazz hence they have closed the bookings for the Jazz currently. The Brio is available with a waiting period and the bookings of the Jazz will resume shortly.

I had a talk with a SP of Millennium Honda, Jamshedpur and he said that the bookings of the Jazz has been closed presently. The Jazz is a wonderful product and for a difference of 50 odd K's between the Brio V and the base Jazz, I would recommend going for the Jazz anyday.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 12:24   #449
Senior - BHPian

Honda to source parts of Brio from Japan and China for tiding over the Thailand crisis!

"We have been trying to source from alternative destinations like Japan and China parts that we now import from Thailand," said Honda Siel senior vice-president Jnaneswar Sen said.
The company - severely hit by the floods in Thailand, the only country which sells Brio apart from India and from where Honda sources critical parts - says it has finalized alternative sourcing arrangements and should be able to return to normal production by February or March"

Honda decides to ship Brio parts from China - The Economic Times
volkman10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 22:42   #450
Senior - BHPian

Gonna get delivery of my Black Brio on Wednesday .

Quote:
The Jazz is a wonderful product and for a difference of 50 odd K's between the Brio V and the base Jazz, I would recommend going for the Jazz anyday.
The only reason to get the base Jazz over a top end brio is space. I don't see anything going for the Jazz and slightly better ride.

Other than these, I don't see any other reason to get the Jazz. The brio is a much more fun to drive car and for crowded cities, it is also a much more manageable.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 16th December 2011 at 22:45.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote