Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 5th March 2012, 14:32   #526
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

This is a company lease car (Mom's company). As per co rule, it has to be registered in Delhi - the state where the employee works.

Update:

Sent a stinker to the dealer yesterday along with a copy of the public notice about handling charges. Got the revised quote with all the frill removed.

Brio S MT
Ex. Showroom Price= 435000
Delhi Registration :
4% Of Exshowroom: 17400
MCD Parking Charges: 4000
Registration Fees: 200
HP / Lease : 100
Smart Card / RC 370
No. Plate 450
Insurance 16177
Extended Warranty 4900
Net OnRoad Price 478597
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 15:43   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
AFAIK there is no parking tax/charges in Gurgaon. Get your car self registered, ask the dealer to give you the complete file, submit it yourself & pick the RC after 15-20days(use the receipt till then).
Hi.

My dealer (Ring Road Honda) says that I will need to pay Rs.2,500/- for temporary registration including number plate charges which is valid for one month. I am talking about Gurgaon.

Is this information correct ?
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 15:58   #528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi.

My dealer (Ring Road Honda) says that I will need to pay Rs.2,500/- for temporary registration including number plate charges which is valid for one month. I am talking about Gurgaon.

Is this information correct ?
Temp registration does not cost this much, all dealers overcharge for temp and permanent registration because everyone wants to avoid the hassle. A cheap Number plate costs mere 100-200 bucks.

I have never paid logistics charge and inflated temp registration, i always get the car self registered, believe me its a very easy process.

Registration process in Gurgaon, my post quoted from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

I got my Laura registered in December, it's a very easy process. Did not take more than an hour in my case(there was not much rush that day).
  • Get the complete file(Already prepared by Dealership).
  • Add Address Proof and Pan Card Copy.
  • Get the car inspected outside Secreteriat gate(Check timings, AFAIK it's before 12pm on all working days).
  • Get the file checked at 2nd floor by assigned Police officer.
  • Pay the Fees + Tax at the common counter.
  • Submit the File and take the receipt, the reciept can be used as Registration Certificate until RC arrives.
  • Pick the RC after 15-20 days in exchange for the issued receipt.

If you stay in Gurgaon, the Lease Deed of your apartment will work as Address proof. Ration Card\Voter ID card will also work.
Link to thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...haryana-2.html

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th March 2012 at 16:04. Reason: added some content
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 18:38   #529
BHPian

Got the car 3 days back and have covered 100 kms.

Some observations are:

The engine is ultra smooth and super refined. Its quite peppy too but I have not really revved it beyond 3.5K RPM.

Its incredibly flickable and super fun. Turns quite neat, parks at tight spots, handles and rides pretty well.

Front seats are very comfortable and quite comparable with Polo.

Steering is very light and feel is a bit less but for city speeds relaxing.

It comes with a parcel tray but doesn't cover the boot completely from prying eyes.

The biggest disappointment for me is the gear shifts. Its too rubbery and finding the second gear is always hard. There exists a huge difference between Polo shifts and this. Would it get better with time and running? Is mine an exception and should I get it checked? Or am I expecting too much from it and comparison with Polo is unrealistic? No reviews mention of poor shift quality. Other than this one issue, the car is a dream.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 19:45   #530
BHPian

Congrats for the car and thanks your observations.

Did you get the foot mats and mud flaps from dealer?

How much you paid for them?

Which variant you bought ?
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 22:40   #531
BHPian

^^ Thanks mukeshgoel. Mine is V MT.

My final OTR was 6.38L. Its a bit more here in Bangalore.

There was an essential pack for which was charged 3k. That includes a car body cover and Floor Mats or Puncture repair kit. I Chose the puncture repair kit coz plan to go in for 3D Kagu mats. It went in for this hopeless offer because I wanted the body cover from Honda.
v.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 06:34   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand
^^ Thanks mukeshgoel. Mine is V MT.

My final OTR was 6.38L. Its a bit more here in Bangalore.

There was an essential pack for which was charged 3k. That includes a car body cover and Floor Mats or Puncture repair kit. I Chose the puncture repair kit coz plan to go in for 3D Kagu mats. It went in for this hopeless offer because I wanted the body cover from Honda.
Congrats. Will you post some pics? I am awaiting mine this month.
omatunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 06:23   #533

Hi - I booked my Brio SMT on 10th DEC 2011 and was promised delivery latest by February.

I have been contacting him multiple times since beginning of February, every time getting a promise of delivery within a week. On March 1st SA promised delivery by March 10th.

I called him yesterday and now he is saying that it will be another month before my color (Urban Titanium) is available, adding that Silver is available, which I dont want.
Delay of one more month due to just my color not available is really frustrating.

Can I do something to tackle this situation. I am in US right now and this is a purchase for my parents. This is Amritsar.
kuljitcingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 12:29   #534
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Honestly little you can do considering you are not in the country, maybe a mail to Honda can help but will in real world do little, but do try,

Also considering the demand as of now is high due to supply issues a lot of cars get poached by others and some using various means of pressures, that's the real world but in reality it would make matters a little easy if you were in the country,

Just email Honda and get a confirmation based on the data,

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljitcingh
Hi - I booked my Brio SMT on 10th DEC 2011 and was promised delivery latest by February. Can I do something to tackle this situation. I am in US right now and this is a purchase for my parents. This is Amritsar.
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 14:46   #535
BHPian

Saw a full page advert of the Honda Brio in a local Marathi newspaper last week.
Looks like the production has commenced in full swing and they want turnaround the fortunes of the Brio.
C300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 21:12   #536
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Is it true that all variants below S(O) MT have non- internally adjustable OVRMs?

I kind of find it strange. S(o)MT and V MT have electrically adjustable mirrors, but the other low models (S and E), lack even manual internal adjustment ?
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 11:05   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite
Guys

Is it true that all variants below S(O) MT have non- internally adjustable OVRMs?

I kind of find it strange. S(o)MT and V MT have electrically adjustable mirrors, but the other low models (S and E), lack even manual internal adjustment ?
Yes. They are missing.
Old 17th March 2012, 02:02   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Hello,

Honestly little you can do considering you are not in the country, maybe a mail to Honda can help but will in real world do little, but do try,

Also considering the demand as of now is high due to supply issues a lot of cars get poached by others and some using various means of pressures, that's the real world but in reality it would make matters a little easy if you were in the country,

Just email Honda and get a confirmation based on the data,

Regards,
Thanks S350L-E240!! I emailed the dealer on Monday expressing my concerns over the delivery dates and the next day they called my father to get the delivery on Thursday. The car is home now in our preferred color.
Team-BHP is always a help
Cant wait to place my hands on steering wheel when I am on vacation in India next month.
kuljitcingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 20:34   #539
Senior - BHPian

here's how the parcel tray looks like on the brio V.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0001.jpg  

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0002.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 22:21   #540
BHPian

The dealers now say that I will have to pay 2% extra due to excise duty hike in budget, even though I will take delivery by 30th march. I was supposed to get the car by mid-march. But now end of march. Due to the delay from Honda, I will have to bear the 2% hike :-(