Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 22:05   #736
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: mysore
Posts: 73
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I have done about 1600 kms on my brio and I am getting the following mileage figures
* Between 12-13 kmpl during normal runs
* 11kmpl during peak traffic at times
* 10-11 with 5-6 people inside the car
Did you get to do any highway runs? What kind of mileage did you get on those? The numbers you have quoted seem pretty reasonable, considering that the car hasn't been run-in yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Also, I once had 7 adults inside for a short run....
Did someone have to ride on the roof? Seriously, I'm impressed with Honda's packaging, yet again. The Brio is actually quite roomy compared to its diminutive exterior dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
All criticisms apart, for someone who really needs ABS and Airbags at a lesser price, the S(O)MT is total VFM.
I agree completely. There are only a couple of cars which offer ABS+Airbags at that price range.
qaqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 08:51   #737
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I did a couple of 100 odd km trips along East Coast Road in Chennai. Apart from that no highway runs. Planning to do a trip to Pondichery and one to Bangalore next month. Will check the mileage then.

And yeah, Honda's packaging is brilliant. There is a lot of space inside a Brio. I pushed the front passenger seat back totally and 2 slim adults could adjust in the front seat. 4 adults could adjust and sit in the back seat and among these 4 nobody was slim. All 4 were average sized. The car had space for all 7 of us. Amazing how small it looks from outside and how spacious it is inside.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 10:27   #738
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Yesterday I saw a Brio passing by. As I saw the car approaching, I was expecting to hear some engine sound. But it was so quiet, as if the driver was coasting in neutral with the engine off!
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 11:11   #739
BHPian
 
_Vyenky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 72
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I had a TD of Brio yesterday evening. The engine is super silent, refined and really smooth. I found it responsive too.

I was expecting it to be smaller from inside but found it really impressive. the packaging is too good.
_Vyenky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 14:36   #740
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Brio owners,
I find the gear shift not as smooth as a Maruti Swift and its a bit notchy but slots in easily when shifting. Also, I have noticed on a few occasions that when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd it is bit more notchy. Does anybody feel the same when driving?
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 17:39   #741
BHPian
 
CowlFlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 93
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Brio owners,
I find the gear shift not as smooth as a Maruti Swift and its a bit notchy but slots in easily when shifting. Also, I have noticed on a few occasions that when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd it is bit more notchy. Does anybody feel the same when driving?
whencut86,
IMO it was notchy, but only if you're really nit-picky (read, great attention to detail). I noticed this feel in my Td of the Brio too, though at that time I attributed it to the 8000 odd on the odo + that it was a TD vehicle. Is your experience from a TD too?
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 23:13   #742
BHPian
 
TheCelestial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 159
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
whencut86,
IMO it was notchy, but only if you're really nit-picky (read, great attention to detail). I noticed this feel in my Td of the Brio too, though at that time I attributed it to the 8000 odd on the odo + that it was a TD vehicle. Is your experience from a TD too?
I found it quite notchy prior to 1K on the speedo. Infact, sometimes I really had to make an effort to get it in to 2nd. Now the problem has moved on the 1st while shifting to 2nd has smoothed out completely. The rest of the gears are fine. I expect things to be completely sorted after some time. Not a big issue IMO.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 12:43   #743
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,836
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
I found it quite notchy prior to 1K on the speedo. Infact, sometimes I really had to make an effort to get it in to 2nd. Now the problem has moved on the 1st while shifting to 2nd has smoothed out completely. The rest of the gears are fine. I expect things to be completely sorted after some time. Not a big issue IMO.
It is normal for a gearbox to take about 5000km (even more) to smooth out. So I will say it is a sign of a good box. Wait till it beds in. The Japanese have long had a reputation of making great boxes.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 11:44   #744
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
whencut86,
IMO it was notchy, but only if you're really nit-picky (read, great attention to detail). I noticed this feel in my Td of the Brio too, though at that time I attributed it to the 8000 odd on the odo + that it was a TD vehicle. Is your experience from a TD too?
I didn't actually give too much attention to it, but just that it is noticeable (on many occasions) when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd its more notchy. The gear shift is slightly notchy in the rest of the gears as well but I am fine with it since it is not too noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
It is normal for a gearbox to take about 5000km (even more) to smooth out. So I will say it is a sign of a good box. Wait till it beds in. The Japanese have long had a reputation of making great boxes.
If that is the case, then I hope the gear shift will be smoother after the 6 months service.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2012, 12:15   #745
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

This is a bit , but the other day when I went to my dealer, I came to know that Honda Jazz can now be delivered in less than 2 weeks time. I wanted to a buy a Jazz but ended up buying a Brio since they told me it'll take 7-8 months to get one. So I bought the Brio nearly 2 months back. Now on hearing that Jazz has less than 2 weeks waiting time, I was shocked.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 10:13   #746
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 245
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
This is a bit , but the other day when I went to my dealer, I came to know that Honda Jazz can now be delivered in less than 2 weeks time. I wanted to a buy a Jazz but ended up buying a Brio since they told me it'll take 7-8 months to get one. So I bought the Brio nearly 2 months back. Now on hearing that Jazz has less than 2 weeks waiting time, I was shocked.
Jazz waiting time is very flexible in Bangalore. They deliver it when you want. I got mine in a week. It was actually ready within 3 days but i chose to take it on the weekend ...Only problem with it is the no discounts tag which comes with the Jazz.
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 10:25   #747
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 245
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I didn't actually give too much attention to it, but just that it is noticeable (on many occasions) when I shift down from 3rd to 2nd its more notchy. The gear shift is slightly notchy in the rest of the gears as well but I am fine with it since it is not too noticeable.



If that is the case, then I hope the gear shift will be smoother after the 6 months service.
I have noticed it in my Jazz too. But it becomes notchy only when i try to downshift to lower gears when the speed isn't really for that gear. If the speed is suited for that gear, it shifts smoothly.
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 11:23   #748
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,836
Thanked: 3,347 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Jazz waiting time is very flexible in Bangalore. They deliver it when you want. I got mine in a week. It was actually ready within 3 days but i chose to take it on the weekend ...Only problem with it is the no discounts tag which comes with the Jazz.
What I hear is that the lower spec is nearly off the shelf, while the Jazz-X has a long delivery period. No doscounts as of now. Even otherwise Honda are not exactly known for discounting heavily. In a way this is good since the Road Tax (which is on the list price) is lower.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 11:30   #749
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 245
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What I hear is that the lower spec is nearly off the shelf, while the Jazz-X has a long delivery period. No doscounts as of now. Even otherwise Honda are not exactly known for discounting heavily. In a way this is good since the Road Tax (which is on the list price) is lower.
I heard the same too. Jazz base is not being delievered in Bangalore as per the dealer Magnum Honda. I got a Jazz X within a week without the front grill and rear spoiler(also Warranty card) which hadnt been shipped yet apparently and this was 2 weeks ago. Both jazz X and Jazz Select are readily available and the delivery times were very low(plus you get to choose your own tires, I got michellins on mine and even though they said they cant commit to it but ended up honoring it).

Sadly the lower road tax term doesn't apply to Karnataka. ridiculously high road tax prices here for very poor roads
shadows123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 16:37   #750
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 352
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

My all new Brio..SMT (O).. I shall update you guys on entire experience after couple of days..
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-wp_000205.jpg  

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-wp_000203.jpg  

Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic getsurya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 16th December 2015 02:09
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O) adityasiera Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 16th March 2015 19:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks