Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 15th February 2013, 19:39   #1066
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshVijy View Post

I seem to scrape the corners of the front bumper of my Brio while parking close to kerb. Is it just that I am a bad driver or do others also get this problem.

I think the front bumper has a flared bottom which I think could be little rounded off to avoid this. Honda designers, are you listening ?

I second thumpingheart on this. May be you need to retune your judgment a bit I never had a prob like this. The dimensions are small enough to get you a comfy ride even in tight situations so nothing to complain.

And yes i too have seen that video on Ytube, infact was pleased to see that Brio had a quicker lap than Swift.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 19:42   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Thank you so much.

Crystal Honda. White. Here are the pics.

Attachment 1050629

Attachment 1050630
White looks cool, isnt it ? A recommendation : Get RE35 from 3M for the rear Glass hatch and it will surely enhance the rear look. I got one and costed me around 600/-. The advantage is, will increase the privacy and also looks. Best part is, it's transparent enough to bypass any stinkers from the cops.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 19:55   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
White looks cool, isnt it ? A recommendation : Get RE35 from 3M for the rear Glass hatch and it will surely enhance the rear look. I got one and costed me around 600/-. The advantage is, will increase the privacy and also looks. Best part is, it's transparent enough to bypass any stinkers from the cops.
I've already got something similar done

But ya white does look nice. Personally i would never buy a white car. I used to laugh at people for buying a white car! But once I saw the Brio, I was blown away. The car has a body, the shape, its various angles and curves that just comes alive with white. No other colour does enough justice to the design of the car.
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 22:37   #1069

[quote=thumpingheart;3042474] Mileage wise I think it depends heavily on the traffic conditions, usage of AC and driving style. I genuinely think you need to change your driving style for better mileage. Also keep the AC switched very judiciously and use moderate temperatures instead of very low temperatures all the time. I suppose Chennai must be pretty hot so usage on AC must be high as well as strain on compressor must be high.

Also driving with a heavy foot with heavy acceleration and deceleration and revving the engine will drastically reduce mileage.

--------------------
Yes, all my driving is with AC on ; but not with any rash acceleration etc. In fact I too manage to keep the ECO sign on most of the time. But I live in T.Nagar with hardly any straight stretch and many signals and most of my driving happens there. I doubt if I can improve my driving style any better !!

------------------------------------------------------------------
And regarding scraping of bumper, that is purely your lack of judgement of the cars dimensions. I upgraded from an Alto which is a very small compact car with (as you say) rounded bumpers. But never once did I have a problem with my Brio of scraping bumper anywhere even in very tight spaces. And the over all dimensions of the Brio are very compact and manageable and visibility is good too. I think its one of the most perfect city cars as far as dimensions, turning radius, visibility and driveability is concerned.

You need to take it easy till you get completely used to the car. Scraping something is usually not the designers fault but our own. Funnily I have scraped and scratched my Alto a lot and the only reason, as I now know, were my own lack of concentration, lack of care for the car and most importantly over confidence.

Just try to adjust with the car more and take more care while driving, in both the driving style and judgement. I'm sure both the problems will very soon be solved.

-----------------------

The bumper has too low a clearance due to the flare and it wouldn't matter in a smooth paved road . But when you drive in Indian uneven roads and try to park in uneven kerb, it has little to do with lack of judgement of the car's outer dimensions. You mostly get to judge the damage after the scraping ! What I meant was that Honda designers could "indianize" the bumper and cut out the flare which is purely there for what they think is a nice look..
JoshVijy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 12:24   #1070

The bumper has too low a clearance due to the flare and it wouldn't matter in a smooth paved road . But when you drive in Indian uneven roads and try to park in uneven kerb, it has little to do with lack of judgement of the car's outer dimensions. You mostly get to judge the damage after the scraping ! What I meant was that Honda designers could "indianize" the bumper and cut out the flare which is purely there for what they think is a nice look..
--------------------------

Here is a pictorial comparison of the front bumper of Brio vs other makes to elaborate my point
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-briobumpercomparison_1.jpg  

JoshVijy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 13:31   #1071
BHPian

Ya I agree to your point that the bumper no doubt is a little flaired. But can't help it!! We have to learn to live with it

Cheers.
Old 16th February 2013, 18:45   #1072
Distinguished - BHPian

For that matter a Brio is significantly wider than the competition. I think it is about as wide as my Accent was!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 16:30   #1073

Hello everyone,

Bought Brio V MT white on 9/2/2013. After driving it for around 10 kms, speedometer stopped working. Since it was past 6 and I did not have time to go back to the showroom I just ignored it. However it started working again after 10 minutes/kms. I drove the car 40 more kms on the same day and around 20 kms in the next 5 days. Then the speedometer stopped again and Engine Warning Light is also on while engine running.
I had informed the sales executive earlier about the faulty speedometer. Informed the service guys immediately after the new issue. They sent someone to check the car next day and the speedometer is working now. I am asked to drive the car to the service center to address Engine Warning Light issue. Service center is around 60 kms from my place. IS THIS SAFE TO DRIVE THE CAR THIS DISTANCE WHEN Engine Warning Light is on. Please advice.

Thanks.
All Terrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 19:59   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the chaps think it is just the warning light which needs to be reset, and nothing is wrong. Your problems sound like a loose connector or two to me.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 20:16   #1075
BHPian

From your description, it seems like nothing is serious but something has triggered the sensor. Your car being new you shouldn't take any chances. Just get the warning light reset for now and if it happens to light up again, go for a scruitiny.

Seatbelts on, drive safe
junaid12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 20:28   #1076
BHPian

A non functional speedo can cause Check Engine Light to turn ON with VSS error (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Once speedo cable is fixed, and speedo is working, CEL should go away by itself in some time (50-100 kms, or a few engine start/stop cycles).

Honda probably just want to scan the error code to ensure there is no other error and reset the CEL. Chances are, during your long drive to Honda workshop, CEL would get reset by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Terrain View Post
Hello everyone,

Bought Brio V MT white on 9/2/2013. After driving it for around 10 kms, speedometer stopped working. Since it was past 6 and I did not have time to go back to the showroom I just ignored it. However it started working again after 10 minutes/kms. I drove the car 40 more kms on the same day and around 20 kms in the next 5 days. Then the speedometer stopped again and Engine Warning Light is also on while engine running.
I had informed the sales executive earlier about the faulty speedometer. Informed the service guys immediately after the new issue. They sent someone to check the car next day and the speedometer is working now. I am asked to drive the car to the service center to address Engine Warning Light issue. Service center is around 60 kms from my place. IS THIS SAFE TO DRIVE THE CAR THIS DISTANCE WHEN Engine Warning Light is on. Please advice.

Thanks.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 14:24   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Terrain View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks.
Seems like one or two fuses not properly connected to the switchboard/fuseboard. I had a problem of music system not working when I was taking delivery of my Brio. Luckily I found it before leaving from showroom. There was a service engineer available in showroom and he connected the fuse properly. Music system started working then.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 12:37   #1078
BHPian

Default Pirelli P4/P6 - How Are They?

Hi guys. Searched quite a lot on the forum but did not find any information on these tyres. A few people have mentioned about them but no discussion / comparison has happened nor have queries by BHPians about them been answered. So starting a new thread.

I have a new Brio at home with stock Goodyears. They are pretty decent for everyday use. But I was researching tyre replacements for the Brio for to see if I can find better tyres which will provide better grip, better comfort, lesser road noise and better performance in general. Did not want very high performance tyres, but something that was a very good all rounder while being better than the stocks. Also within a few months our Ford Fusion too needs new set of tyres so was looking for 195/60 R15 too.

Chanced upon Pirelli P4's for the stock 175/65 R14 size. Cost wise, at least on the net they were priced almost Rs. 400 less than Michelin XM2's and almost at par with Yokohoma A Drives. Found Pirelli P6 in 195/60 R15 size.

Went on the Pirelli site and found that these tyres are good for everyday use. According to them they have good comfort, high fuel efficiency and good wet and dry grip and decent sportiness.

Link - P4

Link - P6

The brand Pirelli just excites us doesn't it? Having tyres on our normal cars from such a celebrated motorsport tyre brand is very alluring.

So fellow BHPians and tyre gurus, my question is how do these tyres compare to the usual choices we enthusiasts consider for our everyday use cars? Does anybody have any experience with the P4's or P6's??

How do these tyres compare with -

1)Michelin XM2

2)Yokohoma A-drives

3)Yokohoma C-drives

et al?
Old 20th February 2013, 14:45   #1079

Default 3 variants are off the assembly line

3 variants of Brio Manual are not being manufactured any more:
E MT, S Electric Adjust, S(O) MT.

In case of S(O) MT: its about Rs 30k less for the buyer v/s V MT. For the manufacturer its way more negligible. Honda decides to let go of it.

Also, as on this day, wait times for V MT are progressively increasing.

3 variants now available: Ex MT, S MT, V MT.
kaveman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 12:22   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Default SOS Bangalore

Gotta have a new Brio serviced for the first month's free service.

Does anyone here have specifically good reviews about a specific service advisor in any facility I can befriend and know will do a great job?

Secondly, how do I enable the auto-locking feature when the car starts moving off? Or it doesn't exist at all? This car is an S MT with the electrically adjustable mirrors.
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote