Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 14:54   #1321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

thanks mp

its the cost of oil. my brio has done only 1800kms in 6 mnths. should I get the oil change done anyways in the 2nd free service or do the oil change in the next service ?
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 17:14   #1322
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,089
Thanked: 3,649 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

@rana_kirti; If out of warranty I will skip it.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 17:17   #1323
BHPian
 
sunnyman_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 41
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

The check up was performed and no replacement was required.
sunnyman_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 17:00   #1324
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 352
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

sir, out of warranty ? I didn't understand. well the service advisor told me since the car has done only 1800 kms he felt there was no need for an oil change and said he will change the engine oil in the 3rd service after 6 months.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 09:30   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,089
Thanked: 3,649 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
sir, out of warranty ? I didn't understand. well the service advisor told me since the car has done only 1800 kms he felt there was no need for an oil change and said he will change the engine oil in the 3rd service after 6 months.
Oil change is every six months or 10000km, with synth the time can be doubled.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:27   #1326
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

I am planning to buy a hatch, preferably Brio SMT as I find it quite VFM (in spite of the punchy engine and good handling).

Other options considered include Polo GT TDI (great car, but out of budget), and Grand i10 (heard complaints about the engine losing grunt on highways and lacks the enthusiasm factor).

Few weeks back I noticed people complaining about the Brio's gearshift being notchy. I didn't face much problem in the TD vehicle, though I won't call it butter smooth shifting.
Just wanted to hear from the owners of Brio, how big is this problem with the gearbox? Did you notice it right from the time of handover of new vehicle? Are all owners facing this issue, or only a few unlucky ones?

Help please!

@Mods, kindly move it to appropriate thread, if this ain't the right one.

P.S.: This is my first post in T-BHP.
arit.mondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 00:56   #1327
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 42
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Brio is one of the cars that's in the list of cars I seriously would consider buying for me. But it's smallish boot keeps me away, considering that within an year and half I would probably tie the knot. And going by the experiences of the married colleagues, the home minister carries serious amount of luggage for every road trip. ;-)
phynix123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:01   #1328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, AU
Posts: 836
Thanked: 576 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
And going by the experiences of the married colleagues, the home minister carries serious amount of luggage for every road trip. ;-)
Though the boot space is very less in Brio, it can accommodate decent amount of luggages. If you go for bags instead of suitcases, you can utilize the space effectively.
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 10:19   #1329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
Hi,

I am planning to buy a hatch, preferably Brio SMT as I find it quite VFM (in spite of the punchy engine and good handling).

Other options considered include Polo GT TDI (great car, but out of budget), and Grand i10 (heard complaints about the engine losing grunt on highways and lacks the enthusiasm factor).

Few weeks back I noticed people complaining about the Brio's gearshift being notchy. I didn't face much problem in the TD vehicle, though I won't call it butter smooth shifting.
Just wanted to hear from the owners of Brio, how big is this problem with the gearbox? Did you notice it right from the time of handover of new vehicle? Are all owners facing this issue, or only a few unlucky ones?

Help please!

@Mods, kindly move it to appropriate thread, if this ain't the right one.

P.S.: This is my first post in T-BHP.
Arit,

Go for it. You won't regret buying a Brio. 2 years and running. 25000+ kms. I still love the Brio :-) Gear shift is not as smooth as a City or a Jazz but its only slightly notchy and slots in well. No problem with shifting. Much much better than most cars. As for boot space it fits one huge trolley and one big travel bag. If u can pack and fit bags well, you can fit-in 4 travel bags in the boot. I have done that. If you are planning to buy SMT why not go for top end with ABS and air-bags. Worth the extra money you pay.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 12:13   #1330
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Arit,

Go for it. You won't regret buying a Brio. 2 years and running. 25000+ kms. I still love the Brio :-) Gear shift is not as smooth as a City or a Jazz but its only slightly notchy and slots in well. No problem with shifting. Much much better than most cars. As for boot space it fits one huge trolley and one big travel bag. If u can pack and fit bags well, you can fit-in 4 travel bags in the boot. I have done that. If you are planning to buy SMT why not go for top end with ABS and air-bags. Worth the extra money you pay.
Thanks for alleviating my concerns on the gearbox. And personally I travel light, so boot space shouldn't be a problem since I am quite sure I am not gonna set up home department anytime soon (2-3yrs)
VX offers ABS+EBD, Airbags which are good to have features (along with alloys and fog lamps, which I feel are not essential), but at a premium of ~1lac on road. Since mostly I would be driving in city and scarcely on highways(idea is to drive <80-90kmph), I am actually confused whether I should pay the premium for a feature that might never be deployed.
Moreover, I was also thinking about resale value as I might think about selling it off after 3 yrs for an upgrade. And resale RoI on top end models is not great.

Anyway, I might still go for top end just to utilize the full extent of tax benefit from company car lease scheme. I hate paying tax to government. Its just that the probability of going for SMT is higher.

After looking at Fiat Avventura spy pics, I am also wondering whether I should wait for the Italian beauty (not sure how much pricier it would be)

Note from Moderator : Only 2 Smileys per post. Please read the rules of the forum before proceeding further. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th May 2014 at 17:45.
arit.mondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 17:45   #1331
BHPian
 
bj96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 776
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
... Gear shift is not as smooth as a City or a Jazz but its only slightly notchy and slots in well... not go for top end with ABS and air-bags. Worth the extra money you pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
...
VX offers ABS+EBD, Airbags which are good to have features (along with alloys and fog lamps, which I feel are not essential)...
Mine is tad less than 1.5 years and done over 6.6k kilometers. Gear shift is A grade. No issues faced from day one. I am very happy with HASS too (much better than MASS for my WagonR).

Agree with @whencut86, consider top end with ABS and SRS Bags. A little stretch today will not make you regret later, but, on the other hand if you settle for the mid variant today you might end up brooding about missing features

-BJ
bj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2014, 23:03   #1332
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bhopal
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Hi All,

I am planning for a Hatch with budget range of 5-6 lakhs, limited running of 500 km / month.
My constraint is limited parking space approx 3500 mm.
Thinking about Brio MT, can experienced officials help me out with my constraint..
technorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 11:39   #1333
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

A quick look at Honda website can tell you that the length is 3610mm.

I think you have got to extend your parking area.
Otherwise you have to settle for entry level hatches like Alto 800 (~3.4m).
arit.mondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 11:09   #1334
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 63
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
VX offers ABS+EBD, Airbags which are good to have features (along with alloys and fog lamps, which I feel are not essential), but at a premium of ~1lac on road. Since mostly I would be driving in city and scarcely on highways(idea is to drive <80-90kmph), I am actually confused
Doesn't matter if you drive on highways or city roads. Safety is something you can't compromise on. Look at the extra 1 lakh in terms of safety and not as a premium. I'd suggest people to go for ABS, air-bags version always. Never know when one might need them.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2014, 15:47   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,089
Thanked: 3,649 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I got a PM from Thilak. What to de with respect the tyre pressures if the profile is changed from 175 to 185. My own guess is to stay put or drop marginally.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic getsurya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 6th June 2017 20:43
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O) adityasiera Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 16th March 2015 19:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks