Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 16:37   #1426
BHPian
 
sunnyman_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 41
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Hi Friends,

Of recently I have felt a kind of missing in log gears, mainly 1st which comes very rarely. Say in a traffic signal where the accelerator pedal simply goes down without making the rpm high or moving the car forward. Anybody have any clue on this?

Regards,
SUNNY

Anybody facing this problem? Please help
sunnyman_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 09:30   #1427
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,841
Thanked: 3,357 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokindotnish View Post
@sgiitk Yes Sir, I totally understand... I try not to push her to high revs yet since the engine is running in (1600 kms) . But I can feel the power.
You do not have to pussy foot the engine these days, so I have a feeling going to say 5000 rpm is kosher even in the so called running in. Just do not cane it!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 10:05   #1428
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 29
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You do not have to pussy foot the engine these days, so I have a feeling going to say 5000 rpm is kosher even in the so called running in. Just do not cane it!
Thank you Sir, I up gears when tacho crosses 2k and try keeping it under 3k ... The max speed I have gone till is below 75kmph...
I was following the tbhp running in thread...
So it is OK to rev her up till 5?
And how long will we have to wait take till we can push her to limits?
rokindotnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 10:51   #1429
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,730
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Of recently I have felt a kind of missing in low gears, mainly 1st which comes very rarely. Say in a traffic signal where the accelerator pedal simply goes down without making the rpm high or moving the car forward. Anybody have any clue on this?
I've never faced such an issue in the three plus years I've owned the Brio. It appears to be a problem with the drive-by-wire throttle module located near the accelerator pedal. Ask your H.A.S.S to run an OBD scan which should point out the problem. If you have one of those Bluetooth OBD diagnostics port readers, you can even check this yourself and then approach H.A.S.S for a replacement under warranty.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 11:18   #1430
Newbie
 
tarunchoudhary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 13
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I have completed 30 months and 36000 kms on my Brio VMT. Kind of agree with most pros and cons listed above. On FE, I get about 15 kmpl without AC and about 12.5-13.0 kmpl with AC. Driven in normal city traffic in Delhi.
tarunchoudhary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 13:32   #1431
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MH-14
Posts: 826
Thanked: 556 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Offlate I am noticing a rattling noise from tail gate glass. Looks like the bushes need replacement. Has anyone faced this issue?
MaxTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 18:13   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,841
Thanked: 3,357 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokindotnish View Post
Thank you Sir, I up gears when tacho crosses 2k and try keeping it under 3k ... The max speed I have gone till is below 75kmph...
I was following the tbhp running in thread...
So it is OK to rev her up till 5?
And how long will we have to wait take till we can push her to limits?
Say 5,000km max. Also, modern Japanese engines are made to very fine tolerances. The running in thread, I saw it ages ago, but used my common sense. One trick I learnt, on the highways, lift off for few seconds every few minutes, to allow proper oil circulation,
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 21:37   #1433
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 29
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Say 5,000km max. Also, modern Japanese engines are made to very fine tolerances. The running in thread, I saw it ages ago, but used my common sense. One trick I learnt, on the highways, lift off for few seconds every few minutes, to allow proper oil circulation,
Thank you for the advice Sir.
I would also like to ask your opinion about one observation I made. The company advised tyre pressure for Brio is 29 for Front and 26 for rear wheels. However, before a long journey I checked the tyre pressure (after 3 weeks of car delivery) and asked the air guy to fill in 29 on all tyres. To my amazement, when he put the air pump to the tyre, it showed current tyre pressure as 31or 33! However, I made it 29 on all tyres. After which, I feel some lack of pull on the car.
Do you suggest I go back to 33 ?
rokindotnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 22:28   #1434
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: India
Posts: 331
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokindotnish View Post
The company advised tyre pressure for Brio is 29 for Front and 26 for rear wheels.\To my amazement, when he put the air pump to the tyre, it showed current tyre pressure as 31or 33! However, I made it 29 on all tyres. After which, I feel some lack of pull on the car.
Do you suggest I go back to 33 ?
Actually this lack of pull makes perfect sense.

The company recommended pressures are "COLD" pressures. What happens to the air in the tyres after you drive the car / bike for a couple of kms.? It heats up.

The thumbrule is that after heating up, the pressure goes up by 2 or 3 psi. So when you tyres showed 33 , it must have been correctly inflated. Now after your reduced pressure, it must be closer to 25 cold air pressure.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 23:42   #1435
BHPian
 
abhi29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 60
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Hi Friends,

Of recently I have felt a kind of missing in log gears, mainly 1st which comes very rarely. Say in a traffic signal where the accelerator pedal simply goes down without making the rpm high or moving the car forward. Anybody have any clue on this?

Regards,
SUNNY
I experienced exactly the same thing a couple of days back. It was at a traffic signal when the car simply refused to move on first gear. Amidst some crazy honking, I took a good 10 seconds to realise whats happening, turned off the ignition, restarted and it just picked up as if nothing had happened. It was the first and last hiccup, not sure what the reason was.

Do share if you happen to find something about this. I hope its nothing serious.
abhi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 08:09   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 6,841
Thanked: 3,357 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokindotnish View Post
Thank you for the advice Sir.
I would also like to ask your opinion about one observation I made. The company advised tyre pressure for Brio is 29 for Front and 26 for rear wheels. However, before a long journey I checked the tyre pressure (after 3 weeks of car delivery) and asked the air guy to fill in 29 on all tyres. To my amazement, when he put the air pump to the tyre, it showed current tyre pressure as 31or 33! However, I made it 29 on all tyres. After which, I feel some lack of pull on the car.
Do you suggest I go back to 33 ?
I also found all my Hondas overinflated at delivery. Some discreet snooping turned up, that in order to prevent shipping damage cars are overinflated when loaded onto the trailers. Often they do not bother to disinflate correctly.

I stick to 29/26 Cold in my Brio. I have a battery powered pump, so am doing the checking cold.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:25   #1437
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 164 Times
Default

Test drove the Brio yesterday. Was really impressed with the compact size and inside space of the vehicle. Much better than the Bolt which i also had a test drive. Whole family is satisfied with the value that offers. We wanted to buy the E mt model as we are tight on budget , and its mainly for town use( i am from a small town that doesn't have even a single traffic signal) and i got Xuv for long journey .
BUT the dealer says that honda has stopped E and Ex model and he can only provide me S or V model. Is it true guys ? Can somebody confirm that ? This is from TVS sundaram motors .
undead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:28   #1438
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,203 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

My e mt. Ready for delivery. Gone for registration. It's a June 2015 model. These photos were taken when the car was just off the trailer. ☺️
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 01:14   #1439
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Satara
Posts: 14
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Hello! Can you guys share your FE figures of AT Brio?
I have Brio VAT now completed 2 years & 17000KM. Mostly in city. And I am getting consistently 8-9 kmpl in the city & 13-13.5kmpl on highway with AC in both the cases.
Aniruddha C.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:59   #1440
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 29
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Test drove the Brio yesterday. Was really impressed with the compact size and inside space of the vehicle. Much better than the Bolt which i Can somebody confirm that ? This is from TVS sundaram motors .
Probably the dealer has unsold cars left in their yard, and want to sell them off to you rather than your preferred one...
Insist that you want E, or that you will quit buying it...

-Cheers!
rokindotnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic getsurya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 40 16th December 2015 02:09
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O) adityasiera Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 16th March 2015 19:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks