Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th April 2012, 21:35   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The major model change project is being started in July. So expect the updated version to be out on sale by Dec or Jan
WOW! Is there any way you could share some more details on the changes / upgrades happening for 2013? This is one of the cars on my wish list & would love to see Toyota bringing in a much better over all package.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 10:22   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
WOW! Is there any way you could share some more details on the changes / upgrades happening for 2013? This is one of the cars on my wish list & would love to see Toyota bringing in a much better over all package.
The person who I spoke to was in a hurry, so could not extract more information. I will meet him again this weekend and let me see what are the changes planned.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 20:11   #183
BHPian

Post Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has anybody got the 2012 versions of the Etios or Liva? I want to see how the interiors look with the new darker shade! From the pics of the SA export version posted in IAB, the interiors look much better and doesn't have that "cheap" feel visually.
@Swiftnfurious - Having taken delivery of our Etios VD 'White Knight' on 30.03.2012, the interiors in the 2012 VD version come with Dark grey & slightly lighter grey combo fabric. The dash trim color is also darkish grey and the two blend seamlessly. Nothing to inspire really, but Toyota probably were too inspired by Ranbir to have just - Kept it simple, Silly. !!!.

Will post a few pics too in the coming few days.

The Toyota Lakozy showroom in Andheri, Mumbai does have a souped up Etios in beige & wooden interior finish at an extra cost of 35K for those who want to feel motivated.
SRShrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2012, 23:08   #184
BHPian

Is there any problem with GC of Etios 170mm for a wheel base of 2550mm, does it scrape its body in a decent speed breaker? my personal experience with Fiesta(168mm for a wheel base of 2489mm) is very hectic so my first preference in selecting a perfect sedan goes to GC.

Etios owners please through some light on this issue, especially in bad roads full of pot wholes and sky high speed breakers in tamilnadu !
crazyjeeperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2012, 11:01   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Is there any problem with GC of Etios 170mm for a wheel base of 2550mm, does it scrape its body in a decent speed breaker? my personal experience with Fiesta(168mm for a wheel base of 2489mm) is very hectic so my first preference in selecting a perfect sedan goes to GC.

Etios owners please through some light on this issue, especially in bad roads full of pot wholes and sky high speed breakers in tamilnadu !
Hello crazyjeeperk,
I am fortunate enough to be an owner of both Etios VD & SX4 ZDi. Here are my 2 cents:-
Though both cars are awesome in their own respects, when it comes to GC, the Etios just cant compete with the SX4. I've traveled with full load in the SX4 and still did not scrape its underbody.

The same however, cannot be said for the Etios. Although a GC of 170mm is sufficient for most of the time,I've scraped its underbody a few times. Where in the SX4 you dont have to care about the speedbreakers,in the Etios you have to be cautious withh full load.

If high GC is your prime requirement then, you just cant go wrong with an SX4. Your other option is a Fiat Linea 2012 which also has a GC of 185mm.
This post might help you - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2888454
Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 17:59   #186
BHPian

Smile Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post

The Etios deisel does scrape on a normal / decent speed on even slightly well-built speed-breakers, with specific mention to B'lorean & TN speed breakers. Am saying this after a decent spell of a good inter-state 20K kms over the past 6 months.

At the 20K service when this was reported to the Service advisor, he promptly called an Engg over, checked the bottom and volunteered to add spacers to negate the issue. The part that baffled me was that it came at no extra cost, including warranty on company parts for an year.

With another 3K kms run-in with the spacers, the feeling is more comfortable.

However, my driving habits on the Etios have altered themselves over the initial 20K kms and now speed-breakers are not treated with disdain any longer.

Trust this helps.

Happy Riding.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 22:51   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
The Etios deisel does scrape on a normal / decent speed on even slightly well-built speed-breakers, with specific mention to B'lorean & TN speed breakers. Am saying this after a decent spell of a good inter-state 20K kms over the past 6 months.

At the 20K service when this was reported to the Service advisor, he promptly called an Engg over, checked the bottom and volunteered to add spacers to negate the issue. The part that baffled me was that it came at no extra cost, including warranty on company parts for an year.

However, my driving habits on the Etios have altered themselves over the initial 20K kms and now speed-breakers are not treated with disdain any longer.

Trust this helps.

Happy Riding.
This problem of scraping gets higher with the booth with luggage and 5 people on board. The rear does sag a bit due to load which makes matter worse.

The humps in Bangalore are not actuals, they are barricades
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2012, 23:20   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post

Hello Shrikanth, that you got spacers added on. Even I face this problem,although rarely. Can you give the contact details?
Regards
Varun
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 11:34   #189
Senior - BHPian

Confused how spacers help to increase GC. My understanding was only bigger rims and/or higher profile tyres can contribute towards the same.

Spacers should broadly help in handling due to the increased footprint of a vehicle.

Also, surprised to hear that Toyota offers company warranty on such modifications. Always thought they were very fussy about such things!
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 18:53   #190
BHPian

Post Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Shrikanth, that you got spacers added on. Even I face this problem,although rarely. Can you give the contact details?
Regards
Varun
Hi Varun,

Lakozy Toyota in Malad is where I go for my regular service and that is where this development evolved.

Am sure any Toyota service center shd help you with this. However, if you need any more details, I can gladly stay connected as well. (shrikantdotramakrishnanattherategmaildotcom)

Hope you get the help needed.

Btw, howz your ride doing.?

Do let me know on the progress.

Regards,

SR
SRShrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 15:03   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

No new models planned for India in the next 3 years!

The Japanese auto giant has decided not to introduce any new models but to divert all their attention towards the Etios twins whose sales are not up to the company’s expectation. After the initial euphoria, the sales of the cars came down, thanks to the Etios’ and Liva’s interior quality which is unlike a typical Toyota.

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th December 2012 at 15:20.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2012, 15:17   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
...The Japanese auto giant has decided not to introduce any new models but to divert all their attention towards the Etios twins whose sales are not up to the company’s expectation. After the initial euphoria, the sales of the cars came down, thanks to the Etios’ and Liva’s interior quality which is unlike a typical Toyota.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/12/t...#ixzz2EGLd8idn
Says the centre console is going to remain the same. And now who is going to tell them that the centre speedo ALSO is a major deterrent for customers?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th December 2012 at 15:18.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2012, 20:36   #193

Hi, Im going to sell my Hyundai i10 and get the etios diesel limited edition, I wanted a diesel sedan and thats why im planning to buy this car at 7.28 ex showroom price..is it a good decision or is there any other cars in that range? please help me..thanks.
josephkarthic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2012, 00:02   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No new models planned for India in the next 3 years!

The Japanese auto giant has decided not to introduce any new models but to divert all their attention towards the Etios twins whose sales are not up to the company’s expectation. After the initial euphoria, the sales of the cars came down, thanks to the Etios’ and Liva’s interior quality which is unlike a typical Toyota.

No new cars for 3 years
Is Toyota not bothered about making a mark in India? They have no car in the lucrative Honda City Segment. The Corolla is done and dusted. The 2 third world cars they launched in India have not set the charts on fire and they certainly have some great cars overseas which would have made a big impact in India.
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 14:46   #195
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Does toyota really need 3 years to improve sales of Etios twins ? being too defensive i guess

I was under the impression that they were already working on interior upgrades which are due for release this month or next !!

Anyways, i feel they can have two variants -
One like indicab catering to the cab segment - Cabbies love current Etios as it is !! I dont think Toyota can do much cost cutting here(like Dzire tour) as Etios is already built for a price(interiors make it feel)

Then a more private owner friendly version which needs to have most of the inputs that is already being shared !! Catch is in this process, they cant increase the price as then the VFM tag is blown away
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote