Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 18:14   #211

Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

I am very interested in the rear seat comfort of Etios. I looked all over but nobody specifically has mentioned how this car performs as a 100% driver driven vehicle. In the new version there is an option for arm-rest as an accessory which should prove useful. I have read opinions ranging from harsh riding suspension to other people mentioning the suspension is very soft.
Anyone please clarify? Looking to buy this vehicle in April. Any help on back seat comfort and related issues will be much appreciated!!
krisfpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th March 2013, 20:10   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisfpa View Post
...I have read opinions ranging from harsh riding suspension to other people mentioning the suspension is very soft.
Anyone please clarify? Looking to buy this vehicle in April. Any help on back seat comfort and related issues will be much appreciated!!
From the reports everyone has mentioned that this is a comfortable vehicle (at the rear). Not sure you actually read about stiff suspension or the thud from the suspension.

If you see the reviews & feedback, this car is rated more for its comfort than handling. It should fare really well in the back seat comfort parameter. When you take a TD, also try the back seat after asking the SA to drive it.

To understand & benchmark, you could also TD Verito, Sunny & Sail sedan which are other cars which score big on back seat comfort.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:52   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Guys, just one question.
Would it be possible for one to order the TRD style bumper spoilers instead of the standard bumper spoilers? Has anyone got any information about this?
Yes you get the TRD Package itself which will set you aback by 25K PLus Painting Charges Plus Taxes. You can customize your toyota using this link
http://www.toyotamakemycar.in/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The ORVMs are getting the turn signal indicators. However, the shape of the ORVMS are also changed. Is this having electrical mirror adjustment now?
Unfortunately, this feature is still not present. When confronted with this point the sales person very conveniently mentioned that it is VFM as these mirrors are 1200 for replacement compared to 6K for those motored ones. Felt it outrageous as this is quite a basic feature these days.
Even Hatchbacks costing around 700K have these features.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 14:02   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Unfortunately, this feature is still not present. When confronted with this point the sales person very conveniently mentioned that it is VFM as these mirrors are 1200 for replacement compared to 6K for those motored ones. Felt it outrageous as this is quite a basic feature these days.
Even Hatchbacks costing around 700K have these features.
I am not sure if the cost of the whole mirror assembly is just 1200. He might be taking about only the plastic cap. The full assembly with mirror will be costing more for sure.

The accident replacement parts cost is quite high.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 20:57   #215
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Autocar India May edition compared 4 entry level saloons namely Chevrolet Sail LT, Toyota Etios VXD (Refreshed version), Tata Manza EXL and Mahindra Verito D6.

Guess what the winner is Toyota Etios VXD (Refreshed version).

Here is the scanned images.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-picture1.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-picture2.jpg  

mroptimist is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 11:27   #216
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Picked up a Toyota Etios Diesel yesterday, would there be any strictures for breaking in the car? As of now am limiting the Revs to 2K and avoiding the sudden stops.
Old 18th May 2013, 22:35   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,
Picked up a Toyota Etios Diesel yesterday, would there be any strictures for breaking in the car? As of now am limiting the Revs to 2K and avoiding the sudden stops.
Congratulations on the buy. Looking forward to the initial ownership report. My folks too have decided (finally) to go for the Etios (D). Will be finalizing the purchase in a week's time. Can u kindly share details with respect to dealership,offers and freebies, if any?other pointers in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
Dr.Nishath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 15:47   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Congratulations on the buy. Looking forward to the initial ownership report. My folks too have decided (finally) to go for the Etios (D). Will be finalizing the purchase in a week's time. Can u kindly share details with respect to dealership,offers and freebies, if any?other pointers in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks Mate, the ownership report will take some time to come. Just been a week old and she is fine so far except for an odd rattle and the driver seat being loose courtesy upholstery work.

Picked up the car from Nandi Toyota on the Museum Road. There was a Cash Discount of 15K on the Car Price plus I got an additional 15K off on the Accessories as my delivery day happened to be on Akshaya Tritiya Day.

To be honest I did not bargain hard as they readily gave me the offer without me pushing for it. Did notice a customer who was bargaining hard and ended up with the same deal as the one that I got.

Which version are you planning to buy? Mine is a VD-SP. Classic Grey Avatar
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:00   #219
BHPian

Post Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Which version are you planning to buy? Mine is a VD-SP. Classic Grey Avatar
Hi ku69rd, accept congratualtions from a fellow Etios (P) owner. Even I saw the car in classic grey and it does look fantastic. I think it is hot selling color these days.

One thing I want to ask you is how is the wiper in your car working with recent rainfall in Bangalore? In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:31   #220
BHPian

ACI has done a video review of the Etios vs Verito vs Manza vs Sail. No prizes for guessing who wins!!

Here it is -

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2013 at 16:40. Reason: As requested
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Hi ku69rd, accept congratualtions from a fellow Etios (P) owner. Even I saw the car in classic grey and it does look fantastic. I think it is hot selling color these days.

One thing I want to ask you is how is the wiper in your car working with recent rainfall in Bangalore? In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
Thanks for your kind words, yes the classic grey seems to be a fast moving color these days. How I wished that they had launched the Etios in Blue Metallic Color. The car would have looked a lot more elegant.

On the Wiper, in yesterday's pouring rain it was absolutely fantastic. There were no left over marks and since yesterday was my first tryst with it, Was really amazed with its reach. Having used the Swift's dual wipers the Etios Single Wiper is excellent. Some more time and I will tell you if there are any issues with it.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:23   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
Could be for particular batch of wiper blades. My March 2011 Etios wiper rubber quality was perfectly alright.
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 21:26   #223
BHPian

Smile Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
On the Wiper, in yesterday's pouring rain it was absolutely fantastic. There were no left over marks and since yesterday was my first tryst with it, Was really amazed with its reach. Having used the Swift's dual wipers the Etios Single Wiper is excellent. Some more time and I will tell you if there are any issues with it.
I've always been a fan of the dual arm mono wiper used on the etios. Feels very comfortable due to that huge swipe combined with the lack of middle wipe mark ( as seen in dual wipers ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Could be for particular batch of wiper blades. My March 2011 Etios wiper rubber quality was perfectly alright.
It seems, it's the second person from Bangalore complaining about the rubber quality in wiper blades. Maybe, the rubber is not good for Bangalore weather for some reason. Get in touch with @nkrishnap. He had used another brand of wiper blades and he was happy with it.

PS: I have no issues with the wiper blades till now. I bought my car in October 2011. Changed the wiper blades proactively in June 2012 ( because it rains really heavily in Kerala ). The same wipers have done good job till now. So, I've decided not to replace it till it gets bad.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 20:56   #224
BHPian

Hi Everybody,
Took delivery of a Toyota Etios VD-sp in classic grey colour.OTR of 9.6L.Got a discount of 20k as i had booked the car on Akshaya Tritiya.Lest i forget,a big thank you to @amalji,vid6639,ku69rd,for your views.owe you guys big time!

Have gotten her the 3M treatment at 3M,Hsr layout and decked her with leather from Karlssons for now.Posting the pics in the respective threads.Am in the market for a decent navigation unit and a reverse parking sensor console(with camera).I don't want to get rid of my OEM pioneer HU at the moment..Any ideas?

Attaching some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870411.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870456.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870439.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870469.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870445.jpg  

Dr.Nishath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 05:26   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everybody,
Took delivery of a Toyota Etios VD-sp in classic grey colour.OTR of 9.6L.Got a discount of 20k as i had booked the car on Akshaya Tritiya.Lest i forget,a big thank you to @amalji,vid6639,ku69rd,for your views.owe you guys big time!
Congrats on the sensible buy. :-)

Quote:
Have gotten her the 3M treatment at 3M,Hsr layout and decked her with leather from Karlssons for now.
Could you please post some photos of it?

Quote:
Am in the market for a decent navigation unit and a reverse parking sensor console(with camera).I don't want to get rid of my OEM pioneer HU at the moment..Any ideas?

Attaching some pics...
For navigation, I would recommend Google navigation on an android mobile with big screen. It's more accurate than any navigation system that money can buy. :-)

And for reverse sensors, I prefer the ones without camera for 2 reasons.

1. Feedback via sound is less stressful for the brain to process while reversing.
2. Eyes should be on the ORVMs and IRVMs. Reverse cameras miss a lot of area and can give a false sense of security.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote