Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 18:14   #211
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

I am very interested in the rear seat comfort of Etios. I looked all over but nobody specifically has mentioned how this car performs as a 100% driver driven vehicle. In the new version there is an option for arm-rest as an accessory which should prove useful. I have read opinions ranging from harsh riding suspension to other people mentioning the suspension is very soft.
Anyone please clarify? Looking to buy this vehicle in April. Any help on back seat comfort and related issues will be much appreciated!!
krisfpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th March 2013, 20:10   #212
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: BOM-CHN-BLR-KTM
Posts: 4,997
Thanked: 2,606 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisfpa View Post
...I have read opinions ranging from harsh riding suspension to other people mentioning the suspension is very soft.
Anyone please clarify? Looking to buy this vehicle in April. Any help on back seat comfort and related issues will be much appreciated!!
From the reports everyone has mentioned that this is a comfortable vehicle (at the rear). Not sure you actually read about stiff suspension or the thud from the suspension.

If you see the reviews & feedback, this car is rated more for its comfort than handling. It should fare really well in the back seat comfort parameter. When you take a TD, also try the back seat after asking the SA to drive it.

To understand & benchmark, you could also TD Verito, Sunny & Sail sedan which are other cars which score big on back seat comfort.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 13:52   #213
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,758
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Guys, just one question.
Would it be possible for one to order the TRD style bumper spoilers instead of the standard bumper spoilers? Has anyone got any information about this?
Yes you get the TRD Package itself which will set you aback by 25K PLus Painting Charges Plus Taxes. You can customize your toyota using this link
http://www.toyotamakemycar.in/


Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The ORVMs are getting the turn signal indicators. However, the shape of the ORVMS are also changed. Is this having electrical mirror adjustment now?
Unfortunately, this feature is still not present. When confronted with this point the sales person very conveniently mentioned that it is VFM as these mirrors are 1200 for replacement compared to 6K for those motored ones. Felt it outrageous as this is quite a basic feature these days.
Even Hatchbacks costing around 700K have these features.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 14:02   #214
Senior - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,666
Thanked: 1,743 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Unfortunately, this feature is still not present. When confronted with this point the sales person very conveniently mentioned that it is VFM as these mirrors are 1200 for replacement compared to 6K for those motored ones. Felt it outrageous as this is quite a basic feature these days.
Even Hatchbacks costing around 700K have these features.
I am not sure if the cost of the whole mirror assembly is just 1200. He might be taking about only the plastic cap. The full assembly with mirror will be costing more for sure.

The accident replacement parts cost is quite high.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 20:57   #215
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BLR/PMNA/RCR
Posts: 175
Thanked: 120 Times
Thumbs up Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Autocar India May edition compared 4 entry level saloons namely Chevrolet Sail LT, Toyota Etios VXD (Refreshed version), Tata Manza EXL and Mahindra Verito D6.

Guess what the winner is Toyota Etios VXD (Refreshed version).

Here is the scanned images.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-picture1.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-picture2.jpg  

mroptimist is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 11:27   #216
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,758
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Folks,
Picked up a Toyota Etios Diesel yesterday, would there be any strictures for breaking in the car? As of now am limiting the Revs to 2K and avoiding the sudden stops.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 22:35   #217
BHPian
 
Dr.Nishath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 44
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Folks,
Picked up a Toyota Etios Diesel yesterday, would there be any strictures for breaking in the car? As of now am limiting the Revs to 2K and avoiding the sudden stops.
Congratulations on the buy. Looking forward to the initial ownership report. My folks too have decided (finally) to go for the Etios (D). Will be finalizing the purchase in a week's time. Can u kindly share details with respect to dealership,offers and freebies, if any?other pointers in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
Dr.Nishath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 15:47   #218
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,758
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Congratulations on the buy. Looking forward to the initial ownership report. My folks too have decided (finally) to go for the Etios (D). Will be finalizing the purchase in a week's time. Can u kindly share details with respect to dealership,offers and freebies, if any?other pointers in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks Mate, the ownership report will take some time to come. Just been a week old and she is fine so far except for an odd rattle and the driver seat being loose courtesy upholstery work.

Picked up the car from Nandi Toyota on the Museum Road. There was a Cash Discount of 15K on the Car Price plus I got an additional 15K off on the Accessories as my delivery day happened to be on Akshaya Tritiya Day.

To be honest I did not bargain hard as they readily gave me the offer without me pushing for it. Did notice a customer who was bargaining hard and ended up with the same deal as the one that I got.

Which version are you planning to buy? Mine is a VD-SP. Classic Grey Avatar
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:00   #219
BHPian
 
mroptimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: BLR/PMNA/RCR
Posts: 175
Thanked: 120 Times
Post Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Which version are you planning to buy? Mine is a VD-SP. Classic Grey Avatar
Hi ku69rd, accept congratualtions from a fellow Etios (P) owner. Even I saw the car in classic grey and it does look fantastic. I think it is hot selling color these days.

One thing I want to ask you is how is the wiper in your car working with recent rainfall in Bangalore? In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:31   #220
BHPian
 
powertrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 546
Thanked: 342 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

ACI has done a video review of the Etios vs Verito vs Manza vs Sail. No prizes for guessing who wins!!

Here it is -


Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2013 at 16:40. Reason: As requested
powertrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 14:03   #221
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,758
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Hi ku69rd, accept congratualtions from a fellow Etios (P) owner. Even I saw the car in classic grey and it does look fantastic. I think it is hot selling color these days.

One thing I want to ask you is how is the wiper in your car working with recent rainfall in Bangalore? In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
Thanks for your kind words, yes the classic grey seems to be a fast moving color these days. How I wished that they had launched the Etios in Blue Metallic Color. The car would have looked a lot more elegant.

On the Wiper, in yesterday's pouring rain it was absolutely fantastic. There were no left over marks and since yesterday was my first tryst with it, Was really amazed with its reach. Having used the Swift's dual wipers the Etios Single Wiper is excellent. Some more time and I will tell you if there are any issues with it.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:23   #222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 317
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
In the pre-facelift model the wiper blade rubber quality was pathetic and it used to leave scratch marks all over.

Thanks.
Could be for particular batch of wiper blades. My March 2011 Etios wiper rubber quality was perfectly alright.
RadiantKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 21:26   #223
BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 700 Times
Smile Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
On the Wiper, in yesterday's pouring rain it was absolutely fantastic. There were no left over marks and since yesterday was my first tryst with it, Was really amazed with its reach. Having used the Swift's dual wipers the Etios Single Wiper is excellent. Some more time and I will tell you if there are any issues with it.
I've always been a fan of the dual arm mono wiper used on the etios. Feels very comfortable due to that huge swipe combined with the lack of middle wipe mark ( as seen in dual wipers ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Could be for particular batch of wiper blades. My March 2011 Etios wiper rubber quality was perfectly alright.
It seems, it's the second person from Bangalore complaining about the rubber quality in wiper blades. Maybe, the rubber is not good for Bangalore weather for some reason. Get in touch with @nkrishnap. He had used another brand of wiper blades and he was happy with it.

PS: I have no issues with the wiper blades till now. I bought my car in October 2011. Changed the wiper blades proactively in June 2012 ( because it rains really heavily in Kerala ). The same wipers have done good job till now. So, I've decided not to replace it till it gets bad.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 20:56   #224
BHPian
 
Dr.Nishath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 44
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Hi Everybody,
Took delivery of a Toyota Etios VD-sp in classic grey colour.OTR of 9.6L.Got a discount of 20k as i had booked the car on Akshaya Tritiya.Lest i forget,a big thank you to @amalji,vid6639,ku69rd,for your views.owe you guys big time!

Have gotten her the 3M treatment at 3M,Hsr layout and decked her with leather from Karlssons for now.Posting the pics in the respective threads.Am in the market for a decent navigation unit and a reverse parking sensor console(with camera).I don't want to get rid of my OEM pioneer HU at the moment..Any ideas?

Attaching some pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870411.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870456.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870439.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870469.jpg  

Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-p1870445.jpg  

Dr.Nishath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 05:26   #225
BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 700 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Hi Everybody,
Took delivery of a Toyota Etios VD-sp in classic grey colour.OTR of 9.6L.Got a discount of 20k as i had booked the car on Akshaya Tritiya.Lest i forget,a big thank you to @amalji,vid6639,ku69rd,for your views.owe you guys big time!
Congrats on the sensible buy. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Have gotten her the 3M treatment at 3M,Hsr layout and decked her with leather from Karlssons for now.
Could you please post some photos of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
Am in the market for a decent navigation unit and a reverse parking sensor console(with camera).I don't want to get rid of my OEM pioneer HU at the moment..Any ideas?

Attaching some pics...
For navigation, I would recommend Google navigation on an android mobile with big screen. It's more accurate than any navigation system that money can buy. :-)

And for reverse sensors, I prefer the ones without camera for 2 reasons.

1. Feedback via sound is less stressful for the brain to process while reversing.
2. Eyes should be on the ORVMs and IRVMs. Reverse cameras miss a lot of area and can give a false sense of security.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 197 20th October 2014 10:46
Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 820 17th October 2014 13:00
Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 420 31st January 2014 18:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks