Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th August 2016, 09:36   #451
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Completed 70k kms (in 4 years 7 months) with my liva recently. When I replaced my WagonR with Liva, i thought of keeping this car for 3-4 years. But after using it for more than 4.5 years, i find no reason to change this car yet. Except for couple of self inflicted repairs, i never had to replace any part including brake pad or clutch so far. I did replace tyres and battery voluntarily, but other than that nothing else.

Average Fuel Efficiency (calculated using full tank method from day one): 19.08kmpl
Average Service Cost (unto and including 70k service): Rs3616
kavensri is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 11:08   #452
BHPian

$$ For the interest of Liva owners $$

The lack of weather seal on Liva doors causes lot of dust to settle on the door frame. In my case on two occasions a lizard was hiding in the gap and when I opened the door, it jumped inside the car. It took a hell lot of effort to get it out.
A month ago was browsing through Ali Express and came across this:-

The item is available at below link:-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4M-Z...608.0.0.Zd4vbJ

Ordered it and was delivered within one month. No additional duties paid.

Installed it yesterday and the results are very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-seal.jpg  

Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-img_20161107_080202.jpg  

rajivr1612 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 14:54   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
$$ For the interest of Liva owners $$
Installed it yesterday and the results are very good.
Thanks. Any positive impact on the road noise at higher speeds? i.e. on the cabin NVH?
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 11:29   #454
BHPian

Need some advise for my Liva GD insurance renewal which is due by end of this month. I have been renewing the same from DSK Toyota dealer in Pune with their preferred choice. Following is the premium paid for zero-depreciation insurance from the time of purchase. Note that I did not have to claim insurance so far. Now even after availing no-claim-bonus, I could see that my renewal premium has hardly reduced from 2nd year onwards. Can somebody please tell me if I am paying too much of a premium?

2012 (Chola MS): Rs. 21833 (during purchase)
2013 (Chola MS): 16288
2014 (United India): 15874
2015 (United India): 15229
2016 (United India, quoted price): 15265
sups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 13:27   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Need some advise for my Liva GD insurance renewal which is due by end of this month. I have been renewing the same from DSK Toyota dealer in Pune with their preferred choice. Following is the premium paid for zero-depreciation insurance from the time of purchase. Note that I did not have to claim insurance so far. Now even after availing no-claim-bonus, I could see that my renewal premium has hardly reduced from 2nd year onwards. Can somebody please tell me if I am paying too much of a premium?

2012 (Chola MS): Rs. 21833 (during purchase)
2013 (Chola MS): 16288
2014 (United India): 15874
2015 (United India): 15229
2016 (United India, quoted price): 15265
Even I faced similar dilemma for my 2012 Liva GD.
For the first two years I went with dealer provided insurance. My dealer is Harsha Toyota and insurer was ICICI. It was zero dep bumper to bumper insurance.
For the first two years the premium was in the range of Rs. 16000/-. Like you even I was surprised that there is hardly any reduction in premium for second year.
So from third year onwards I went online and bought a similar plan from Bharati Axa. This one came out to Rs. 9000 odd.
What a massive difference. The change obviously goes to dealer and agent.
When premium payment for third year was nearing I started getting calls from showroom for renewal. Not surprisingly the premium was more or less same like previous years.
I asked the lady why their premium for same product was higher than the one quoted by Bharati Axa. She said something gibberish and that was the end of that.
So my suggestion is to go online and pick a similar plan to your present one but at a competitive rate.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2016, 14:09   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
So my suggestion is to go online and pick a similar plan to your present one but at a competitive rate.
Thanks for the suggestion. The only pitfall of buying from outside is that it might take little bit time during insurance claim. But 9K versus 15K is too much of a premium for this. And yes, they give a complimentary car cleaning during renewal .
sups is offline   Reply With Quote