Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 17:30   #466
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 131
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Recently completed 80000kms with my Liva. Some stats to share:

Average FE (50% city, 50% highway, 100% AC) - 18.88kmpl
Tyres changed at 55k kms
Battery changed at 55k kms
Brake pads changed at 78k kms
Some of the repairs done:
1) Front suspension replaced – Free of cost done by company
2) Rear suspension replaced – Paid, got it replaced during ‘front suspension’ replacement
3) Fuel filter replacement and fuel tank cleaning – when ‘check engine’ indication came up at around 68000kms.
4) Brake Disc skimming – got done couple of times
5) Front bumper repair, Engine guard replace, RHS mirror replace – all due to self-inflicted incidents

I have got absolutely no plans of selling this car as of now.
When I brought this car, I thought of using it for 5 years/75k kms and then sell it off. But, now the goal post shifted to 100k kms. Don’t know what I will decide at 100k kms!
kavensri is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 21:06   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
amalji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 1,316 Times
Post Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Brake pads changed at 78k kms
This also shows how responsible a driver you are as well. My first 3 brake pad replacements were done 30,000 kms apart. My aggressive driving style along with the narrow busy highways of Kerala contributed to it. Now, I switched to Bangalore and changed my driving style as well. The current brake pad is 30,000 kms old and I have still 4 mm left. But, 78k before brake pad replacement is something I'm jealous of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
3) Fuel filter replacement and fuel tank cleaning – when ‘check engine’ indication came up at around 68000kms.
I guess, you meant the "check fuel filter"light, not the "check engine" light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I have got absolutely no plans of selling this car as of now.
When I brought this car, I thought of using it for 5 years/75k kms and then sell it off. But, now the goal post shifted to 100k kms. Don’t know what I will decide at 100k kms!
1,00,000 kms is child's play for a Toyota. I wouldn't recommend selling this off due to the "kms run" criteria. If you need an upgrade or if your requirements have changed, then it makes sense to change the car. Else, just stick with it.

Last edited by amalji : 30th June 2017 at 21:09.
amalji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2017, 22:33   #468
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 131
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
This also shows how responsible a driver you are as well. My first 3 brake pad replacements were done 30,000 kms apart. My aggressive driving style along with the narrow busy highways of Kerala contributed to it. Now, I switched to Bangalore and changed my driving style as well. The current brake pad is 30,000 kms old and I have still 4 mm left. But, 78k before brake pad replacement is something I'm jealous of!
Hmm!! you have not seen me driving! I am also very aggressive driver. So, even for me, it was a pleasant surprise that the brake pads lasted that far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I guess, you meant the "check fuel filter"light, not the "check engine" light.
Yes, my mistake. I meant 'check fuel filter' light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
1,00,000 kms is child's play for a Toyota. I wouldn't recommend selling this off due to the "kms run" criteria. If you need an upgrade or if your requirements have changed, then it makes sense to change the car. Else, just stick with it.
The only reason why I want to sell this car is, i did not buy 'airbags' version at that time. That was a major mistake from my part. So, even if i change, i may still go for Liva
kavensri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Corolla Altis (1.4 D-4D) Diesel : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 215 7th June 2017 11:33
Toyota Liva : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 527 8th February 2017 21:38
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 258 21st February 2016 11:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:45.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks