Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th September 2011, 17:00   #61
BANNED

Default Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I don't there is any basis on to this. Looking down to check your conventional speedo to check can be a distraction as well. Spark or Etios/Liva have the same set up and don't see any one complaining about it.
It is the common perception that center dash speedo are trait of hatch back car and Indian perception is that Hatch is not prestigeous as it is not 3 box sedan.

I drive a 2011 Accord but I love hatch back and recall Mitsubishi Colt which I owned first. Hatch back is highly pracical space saving, economical, symbol of youth IMHO.

I see the vista refresh VX has most required ingredients. TATA must consider giving alloywheels from VX onwards.

If only TATA succeeds quickly to offer A/T on Vista VX
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 00:02   #62
BHPian

Got a chance to see car in flesh. My colleague had car delivery by Concorde Motors (velachery) yesterdays.- white VX
Here are my view points for a short drive (back bench-er) between velachery to thiruvanmiyur (approx 10 km)
  • The rear looks really great with new tata logo strip and black bordered tail lamps
  • Couldn't find much change in front.
  • Inside its pretty silent and it would be pretty difficult to say that its a diesel
  • the dashboard feel and quality way better than etios and wagon r (cant say about other cars like new swift as yet to see it )
  • very comfortable at rear you are isolated from most of the bad road bumps
  • door is pretty heavy compared to other korean and jap car
Drive views (colleague was driving so first impression)
  • easy to maneuver
  • gear shift pretty decent but not as good as maruti (he had old zen)
  • steering volume buttons very small not ergonomically designed
  • pickup slight slow (guess diesel and no turbo kick factor)
The best part was my friend was tata basher and ended up buying a tata product so definitely there is improvement in tata cars.
Also I was there for an hour and was informed about 4-5 deliveries for the day so i guess we will see pretty good number for indica range this month (may be around 9K)
autoweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Hi Guys,
That was my own observation and other people may or may not agree with me. Its quite possible that people like me who are used to having speedometer in front of them, may take some more time to get used to this arrangement.
No doubt Indica is a good car in terms of space and what all u get in the money spent, remember that I had my mind made up for Indica Vista.
No offence to any Indica owners..
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 21:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Saw a maroon (?) Vista refresh on the road today. Smoked tail lamps with black border plus the black garnish below the windscreen, the rear is HOT!

One of the best attempts at a mid life refresh for a car.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 14:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Saw a maroon (?) Vista refresh on the road today. Smoked tail lamps with black border plus the black garnish below the windscreen, the rear is HOT!

One of the best attempts at a mid life refresh for a car.
This color is called Spice Red Kiku007.
The other colors available are Porcelian white, Brilliant Blue, Artic Silver, Caverean Grey and After glow. A new Color (based on bright yellow) called Summer sparkle is also available with this launch.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 15:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
The other colors available are Porcelian white, Brilliant Blue, Artic Silver, Caverean Grey and After glow. A new Color (based on bright yellow) called Summer sparkle is also available with this launch.
I was told by the dealer that Vista refresh doesn't come in Afterglow color. Seems like the color have been discontinued.
Arun.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 22:03   #67
BHPian

I already have cancelled my booking for Swift ZDi.

Myself and my wife have unanimously chosen Vista ZX. We are in dilemma regarding when to book the car for maximum discount. Does anybody have any information regarding price hike by Tata Motors from October 1st or its the tactics being played by the dealer. Will there be more discount in the month of October because all the festivals like Durgapuja, Diwali, Navratri and Dhanteras are in the month of October.

I have only 1 day to decide, please help guys, thanks.
sallubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 00:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Any particular reason (apart from the price difference)?

Quote:
Myself and my wife have unanimously chosen Vista ZX.
Congratulations on the choice. I would think around the festive season (Diwali, around the end of October) should be a good time for offers.

You could also check the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-101.html (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals) thread for more info.

Last edited by VeluM : 30th September 2011 at 00:55.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 09:02   #69
Senior - BHPian

Tata motors is now taking the battle head on: A full page comparison between new vista vs new swift in today's The Hindu.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 09:23   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Myself and my wife have unanimously chosen Vista ZX. We are in dilemma regarding when to book the car for maximum discount. Does anybody have any information regarding price hike by Tata Motors from October 1st or its the tactics being played by the dealer. Will there be more discount in the month of October because all the festivals like Durgapuja, Diwali, Navratri and Dhanteras are in the month of October.

Hey even we booked the Vista VX in Arctic silver yesterday. The discount given was Rs.15,000. Have asked him to consider Octobers discount if it is better than Sept, keeping fingers crossed! Expected delivery 27th October. The total on road price is Rs.6,35,115.
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 09:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Tata motors is now taking the battle head on: A full page comparison between new vista vs new swift in today's The Hindu.
Pepsi - Coke like ad campaigns... I have never seen a car maker give an "open challenge" to Swift until this morning, when i woke up to my "The Hindu" last page that has a full page Advert where Vista Vx throws an open challenge to Swift VDI.

Open Challange

Would Maruti Retaliate?
Old 30th September 2011, 15:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Any particular reason (apart from the price difference)?

Congratulations on the choice. I would think around the festive season (Diwali, around the end of October) should be a good time for offers.
Thank you!

There are many reasons for us to choose Vista over Swift. We have a Wagon R Lxi Duo for last 4 yrs, bought on September' 2007, Swift was available at that time with a discount of Rs. 10 - 20,000/-, but we did not like the car.

After 4 yrs. when we decided to replace the car, the preferences were according to our need, a week long city drive of 225 - 250 km and a weekend highway drive of about 350 km demanded a need for enhancing the safety. So, our needs were ABS with EBD, Dual Airbag, Diesel, availability of driver seat height adjustment and steering adjustment and moderate boot space. My height and profession also played a role, I am 6'2'' and a doctor (surgeon) by profession, so need to take good care of my spine and addition of lumbar support were a boon.

I am a sedate driver, never go beyond 80 - 90 km/hr in highway and dont like to rush in city. I am sorry that I really could not understand the PUNCH in Swift.

First the attitude of Maruti people have changed beyond imagination, I never received a call from Maruti for test drive for new Swift after its launch, even though I had booked the ZDi version of the vehicle few month back. As you have asked whether price difference played a role, absolutely NO, I can buy sedan also, but as I have to move to different places in the city and finding a parking place in Kolkata is a problem, hence the choice was for Hatchback. Maruti is not bothered why one customer is cancelling his booking, I never received any call from Maruti or from the showroom, perhaps due to the reason they have loads of customers who are willing to wait for 6 months for the delivery of the Vehicle. I had to be after the showroom people for 2-3 weeks to get back my booking amount.

Secondly, regarding the service of Maruti, how many of us have gone inside the service center, we mostly wait in the customers lounge, sipping a cup of coffee and watching TV or reading newspapers. I have discussed regarding tuning of LPG vehicle in one of my earlier post, how the service guys were bashed up by the Minda engineer. Another instance, I was left stranded in the highway as the screw which is supposed to link the gear linkage rod was lost midway and this happened the very next day of my fourth service from authorised dealer service centre, I discussed the issue with the workshop manager the very next day and the answer was very casual, that they will give me feedback, still waiting for that feedback! I had extended warranty for my vehicle, due to some sound the water pump needed replacement and according to the workshop it was not covered under warranty, this was from the mouth of the mechanic, the engineer and the manager. When I shown them the item under the sub heading of extended warranty booklet, it was replaced free of cost. There are several instances like this and lastly I stopped going to service centre and found a local guy, till date I dont have any problem. The point is Maruti is not above issues.

Coming to the choice of the vehicle, apart from above said reasons for rejecting Swift, other were following (took a test drive of swift from another showroom) - non existent bootspace, there is some space but approach is very difficult, no 60:40 option, rear leg room is not adequate for me, while driving my knee was knocking the plastic console, poor rear visibility. Immediate availability of Vista with a good price difference completed the deal. I am very much thankful to Team bhp members for their input which helped me choose my second car.
sallubhai is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 16:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats. I guess its an excellent decision considering your driving.
This is the car specifically made for Indian roads.
Ride comfort and rear space comfort are one of the best.
Being an Indica owner for 4.5yrs and that too a petrol Indica, i have no regrets.
Excellent VFM.

Looking at the new Vista,even i am tempted to buy one.
rock18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 18:09   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The point is Maruti is not above issues.
Running a Swift ZXi for the last 5+ years (65,000 km), and on the lookout for a 35k-km/annum diesel hatch now with primary focus on reliability and FE (the current shortlist includes the Vista Q-jet, Liva, Ritz & yet-to-be-launched mini-Xylo), I am also aware of the fact that Maruti is not above having issues with their service. This despite being very friendly with the GM of the MASS I took the car to, and having access to the car during service as a special case. At the end of the warranty period, I have opted to have the vehicle attended to by my FNG, and I have had absolutely no regrets regarding the same, considering the monetary savings that happen towards each service (as well as the time saved!)
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 19:40   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
Pepsi - Coke like ad campaigns... I have never seen a car maker give an "open challenge" to Swift until this morning, when i woke up to my "The Hindu" last page that has a full page Advert where Vista Vx throws an open challenge to Swift VDI.

Open Challange

Would Maruti Retaliate?
I was going through the link and saw something not very convincing. They have compared the features of Swift Vdi and Vista VX with ABS. But in the price comparison, they have just mentioned VX and quoted 546,907 INR. Is that the price of VX with ABS ?
DieselAddikt is online now   Reply With Quote