Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2013, 17:34   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,046 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was told that a parcel tray is better to get the cabin chilled quicker as it actually kind of seals the vacant boot space. Not sure from a technical point of view, but makes sense logically.
Yes it makes sense, the AC will be more efficient since around 200litres of space is sealed off from the main cabin even though the sealing is weak.


Quote:
This is what I have done very recently on my 2008 Swift. Looks like there are enough rattles still coming from the hatch plastic and also while turning hard, some left-right sliding of something! Can't figure it out as I don't have ANY loose objects in the boot.
Is the rear seat back rest locked in tight? I had a similar issue with my Swift and it was traced to the seat back not being in the lock properly after fitting seat covers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2013 at 09:13. Reason: Fixing quote.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 22:31   #1787
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 92 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199 View Post
I got the Scosche Handsfree and Streaming audio kit, that can work in any car that has a music system with an Aux input. Also, this one is not fixed to the vehicle, it can be ported to another vehicle too unlike the one in the accessory list provided by Maruti. It cost me Rs. 3990/-. Works like a charm!
hey a little late in the day, but can you share some pics of the system and how exactly does it work. I understand it will pair with the phone through bluetooth and route sound through the car's speaker using the aux. How about the mic in that case?

does it come with a charger. hows the battery life?
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 22:59   #1788
ZMG
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I got the 2nd service for my 2012 Swift today. Told them about the minor rattles from the dashboard. They opened it up and tried everything and finally told me its the music system, about which they cant do anything. I decided to live with it, as it is hardle even heard. Twist in the tale, to my horror, they managed to scratch my dashboard :(
I reported that immediately and as usual they tried to brush off the matter saying it was there before and because of the polish it is highly visible.
ZMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:16   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,032 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Does any one have a feedback for "Arrowhead" range of filters? While browsing thru eBay, I came across this brand and certain products for Swift and some other vehicles too.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Maruti-Suzuki...item4ac1833f10
swiftnfurious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 00:43   #1790
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,500
Thanked: 5,216 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Does any one have a feedback for "Arrowhead" range of filters? While browsing thru eBay, I came across this brand and certain products for Swift and some other vehicles too.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Maruti-Suzuki...item4ac1833f10
It looks exactly like the stock air filter. I have a picture of that in the ownership thread. Is Arrowhead the OEM?
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 06:11   #1791
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I got the 2nd service for my 2012 Swift today. Told them about the minor rattles from the dashboard. They opened it up and tried everything and finally told me its the music system, about which they cant do anything. I decided to live with it, as it is hardle even heard. Twist in the tale, to my horror, they managed to scratch my dashboard :(
I reported that immediately and as usual they tried to brush off the matter saying it was there before and because of the polish it is highly visible.
Thanks for posting this. All dealerships where i went are trying to avoid me from these rattling issue. Pratham Motors Bangalore told me it is common and even if they open it, it may get increased. Sarathy Motors kerala, I eeported the noise is coming from dashboard. And the service exec told it is from the cowl just below front windshield. Applied some form and didnt even bothered to listen to what i was saying. Only thing they were interested was to sell extended warranty for engine. I might have took it if they solve the complaints i registered. Btw where you went? Only one lucky Bhpian from mumbai got rattles rectified from a service center. In my car the noise has increased to an unacceptable level. As a next step thinking of sending a mail to maruti to get details of any area service manager or a good service center or a mechanic who can solve this. I read in Honda two wheeler section that some one got a good service center and a mechanic to solve the complaints in his bike.

Last edited by devil_klm : 2nd March 2013 at 06:20.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:15   #1792
Newbie
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 13
Thanked: 6 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Just returned from a trip to Pune in my Swift VXI. I should say I am truly amazed by the ride quality offered by the car. Maruthi has done a exemplary job in improving the dynamics of the car and its handling. I drove at a constant speed of 90 kmph and never ever felt that engine would be panting, rather it felt like it can do it throughout the day. The most worrisome part was the breaking efficiency which gave me jitters on one occasion but no major drama then. The fuel efficiency was 18 kmpl, recalculated for my confirmation and it broadened my smile. Top class car from top class manufacturer.
Rgds,
CB
Prime is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:16   #1793
ZMG
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 78
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

[quote=As a next step thinking of sending a mail to maruti to get details of any area service manager or a good service center or a mechanic who can solve this.QUOTE]

I happened to interact with a TSM yesterday at the workshop. He was a new recruit and very young. I can ping you his details and probably you can contact him as he may respond faster than Maruti.
ZMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:44   #1794
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 26
Thanked: Once
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Just got back from a few amazing upgrades to my month old Zxi! Fitted awesome autoform black PU leather seat covers and llumar PP-70 sunfilms for sides+back.

Also upgraded stock MRF's to Yoko A drive 195/60/15. Will post a detailed ownership review soon!
whysoserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:12   #1795
BHPian
 
Shome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 229
Thanked: 83 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
I got the 2nd service for my 2012 Swift today. Told them about the minor rattles from the dashboard. They opened it up and tried everything and finally told me its the music system, about which they cant do anything. I decided to live with it, as it is hardle even heard. Twist in the tale, to my horror, they managed to scratch my dashboard :(
I reported that immediately and as usual they tried to brush off the matter saying it was there before and because of the polish it is highly visible.
The rattle will only increase if not fixed. However, the SA's seem to find it easier to locate and fix the rattle once it increases. Ask them if the torque for all the nuts and screws are proper. I had the same issue and luckily for me, they were able to fix this when they applied the right amount of torque...at least thats what they told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Thanks for posting this. All dealerships where i went are trying to avoid me from these rattling issue. Pratham Motors Bangalore told me it is common and even if they open it, it may get increased. Sarathy Motors kerala, I eeported the noise is coming from dashboard. And the service exec told it is from the cowl just below front windshield. Applied some form and didnt even bothered to listen to what i was saying. Only thing they were interested was to sell extended warranty for engine. I might have took it if they solve the complaints i registered. Btw where you went? Only one lucky Bhpian from mumbai got rattles rectified from a service center. In my car the noise has increased to an unacceptable level. As a next step thinking of sending a mail to maruti to get details of any area service manager or a good service center or a mechanic who can solve this. I read in Honda two wheeler section that some one got a good service center and a mechanic to solve the complaints in his bike.
Mailing Maruti might not get you much of a response. However, did you fill in the online feedback form that you received directly from maruti after your service? I think the mail comes from someone called Agarwal. I had complained about the rattle after the first time i heard it and within a couple of days had the dealer at my doorsteps to check further. They were however not able to resolve the issue then but put in some extra cladding. They did fix the issue during the 15k check up when the noise was unacceptable and they could locate the source. Opened up the dash and adjusted torque.

As for the BHPian from Mumbai, I don't know if you were referring to me; however if not, I am pretty satisfied as well. The car has run for over 4000 kms since the rattle was fixed and it hasn't come back yet. The car is currently rattle free at close to 20000 kms, just that the drivers side window pane makes a lot of racket while rolling up or down. Will have it looked up at the 20k service.
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:35   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,157
Thanked: 5,032 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
....As a next step thinking of sending a mail to maruti to get details of any area service manager or a good service center or a mechanic who can solve this...
Do mail them about your concerns, response is guaranteed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Just returned from a trip to Pune in my Swift VXI....The fuel efficiency was 18 kmpl, recalculated for my confirmation ...
How loaded was the car w.r.t passengers & luggage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
...Mailing Maruti might not get you much of a response...
Not a fair comment! Mailing Maruti about a complaint = pointing a GUN at the SA's head!! That's from my experience, multiple times on both sales & service aspects.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:40   #1797
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

^^ Yes the response is guaranteed. I got my car after making a couple of complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
As for the BHPian from Mumbai, I don't know if you were referring to me; however if not, I am pretty satisfied as well. The car has run for over 4000 kms since the rattle was fixed and it hasn't come back yet. The car is currently rattle free at close to 20000 kms, just that the drivers side window pane makes a lot of racket while rolling up or down. Will have it looked up at the 20k service.
Ah.. Yes i was referring to you
You were lucky to had it fixed. Envy on you
I will check with the dealership about the torque.
I didnt get feedback form after services. May be i considered them as spam and deleted.
The SE used to open a feedback form at their computer. I thought it might be something for them internally.

Last edited by devil_klm : 2nd March 2013 at 20:42.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:39   #1798
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

What is the synthetic oil which is provided by mass as genuine Maruti oil? I am going in for my 10000km service tomorrow and the first oil change. Wondering if the Maruti provided oil will be good.

Given the pathetic driving conditions in Mumbai, I have decided to stick to synthetic.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:47   #1799
BHPian
 
Shome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 229
Thanked: 83 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do mail them about your concerns, response is guaranteed!

Not a fair comment! Mailing Maruti about a complaint = pointing a GUN at the SA's head!! That's from my experience, multiple times on both sales & service aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^ Yes the response is guaranteed. I got my car after making a couple of complaints.


Ah.. Yes i was referring to you
You were lucky to had it fixed. Envy on you
I will check with the dealership about the torque.
I didnt get feedback form after services. May be i considered them as spam and deleted.
The SE used to open a feedback form at their computer. I thought it might be something for them internally.
Well I stand corrected then. Which email id did you guys complain to?

Devil, this time after the your service, ask them to send you the feedback form which comes from Maruti to your email id. And tell them you will do it at home on a later date after you have experienced the car after the service for a week. It gives you time to judge the quality of work if the rattles are claimed to have been taken care of and also relieves the added pressure of responding to a survey with them around. My dealer followed up with me for over a month to ensure the car was fine and I responded to the survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
What is the synthetic oil which is provided by mass as genuine Maruti oil? I am going in for my 10000km service tomorrow and the first oil change. Wondering if the Maruti provided oil will be good.

Given the pathetic driving conditions in Mumbai, I have decided to stick to synthetic.
I can't say for sure but I think it is Mobil based on a conversation with an SA once. The one provided by Maruti is of good quality, no need to look outside
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:02   #1800
BHPian
 
funkyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 455
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post

I can't say for sure but I think it is Mobil based on a conversation with an SA once. The one provided by Maruti is of good quality, no need to look outside
Thanks for this. You were right. I was a bit paranoid about the oil which goes in. I didn't want a servo or mak to be filled. Called up three different service centres and each had a different brand. Castrol (950)shell(1100) and Mobil 1(1250)were offered. I went with shell having read excellent reviews on the forum.

2 of the 3 service centres offered a choice between mineral or synthetic. One insisted on synthetic.
funkyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 1543 2nd December 2016 19:04
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks