Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 21:17   #1966
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
The new facelift swift is to be launched this year. Any information as to when it would be launched? The new swift has the one most important feature for Bangalorean's "auto folding orvm"
Wow and that is good news and I'm waiting for the launch date. Will try and postpone my purchase by a little longer time.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 12:57   #1967
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,682
Thanked: 1,457 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
http://www.motoroids.com/news/2013-s...u-to-have-fun/


The new facelift swift is to be launched this year. Any information as to when it would be launched? The new swift has the one most important feature for Bangalorean's "auto folding orvm"
I believe it could be launched around Jan-14 India International Auto Expo. Regarding the important features, I wish they improve the brakes on L & V variants, at least.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 22:14   #1968
BHPian
 
D'Artagnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 261
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Wow and that is good news and I'm waiting for the launch date. Will try and postpone my purchase by a little longer time.

Anurag.
Hey anurag, I think Maruti might hike the price by at least 30k post facelift. I think now might be right time for you to book your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

I believe it could be launched around Jan-14 India International Auto Expo. Regarding the important features, I wish they improve the brakes on L & V variants, at least.
The article and few other articles mentioned in 2013 :( well I hope they do it earlier than 2014.
D'Artagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 20:01   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Hey anurag, I think Maruti might hike the price by at least 30k post facelift. I think now might be right time for you to book your car.
I feel the facelift would be released by the early next year as the guys at Maruti here have no idea about this facelift.

I will book it and see as they may as me to upgrade the booking for this model.

Will try my luck.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 23:36   #1970
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

To all guys who own the new swift:

Does anyone have an idea as to that both the Ritz ZDi and Swift ZDi have the same drivers seat?

I am asking this because, will there be any in-comfort for long drives? My daily travel is 110 kms, since it will be long time spent on the drivers seat I don't want back pain problems. The Ritz has served me very good till date and I find it very comfortable. During the TD of the Swift ZDi I felt it was decent enough but need a long term answer so posting here.

Anyone who has moved from Ritz to Swift can help me out here.

Thanks,

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th September 2013 at 23:38.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 15:22   #1971
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NCR
Posts: 33
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To all guys who own the new swift:

Does anyone have an idea as to that both the Ritz ZDi and Swift ZDi have the same drivers seat?

I am asking this because, will there be any in-comfort for long drives? My daily travel is 110 kms, since it will be long time spent on the drivers seat I don't want back pain problems. The Ritz has served me very good till date and I find it very comfortable. During the TD of the Swift ZDi I felt it was decent enough but need a long term answer so posting here.

Anyone who has moved from Ritz to Swift can help me out here.

Thanks,

Anurag.
Hi anurag,
Not really a Ritz to Swift mover here , but I am 6 footer heavy built currently riding a Swift ZDI variant for a year now and below is my experience for the same.
for me the driver's seat offers apt comfort for long rides , however using the seat all the way back leaves hardly any space for backseat passengers (if any ) also I guess the height adjustable seat is a big boon as have heard ppl having issues with lower variants missing the height adjustable seats.
I have taken drives of up to 650 kms/ 12 hrs incuding flat roads/potholed road/cury roads at a stretch and not felt much of issues.
Hope above is of help
cheers
kartik
kartik.virmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 15:26   #1972
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
Hi anurag,
Not really a Ritz to Swift mover here , but I am 6 footer heavy built currently riding a Swift ZDI variant for a year now and below is my experience for the same.
for me the driver's seat offers apt comfort for long rides , however using the seat all the way back leaves hardly any space for backseat passengers (if any ) also I guess the height adjustable seat is a big boon as have heard ppl having issues with lower variants missing the height adjustable seats.
I have taken drives of up to 650 kms/ 12 hrs incuding flat roads/potholed road/cury roads at a stretch and not felt much of issues.
Thanks Karthik.

I have read your ownership thread fully. Actually there are few reviews for the Swift ZDi. All of them I have read multiple times.

I am soon going to purchase so just clearing my doubts.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 21:28   #1973
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,813
Thanked: 10,739 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Suzuki Swift Facelift gets its motorshow debut in Franfurt, updates being rolled out on the India-spec Maruti Swift in 2014.

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-frontthreequarterofthe2014suzukiswiftfacelift.jpg

The 2013 Swift can be instantly identified by LED daytime running lights, situated in the foglight enclosure.The facelifted car gets a high mounted rear LED stop lights.

Other noteworthy exterior changes include silver detailing to the lower front bumper, new hubcaps for lower variants and a new Boost Blue exterior color option.

On the inside, the Swift facelift comes with power folding outside rear view mirrors, automatic headlights, ‘Auto Up’ function for the driver side power window, and newly designed seat fabrics with blue and grey accents.
The powertrain options remain unchanged, which means that you still get the 1.2-liter K-Series as a petrol engine option while the Fiat-sourced 1.3-liter DDiS is the diesel candidate. Suzuki has reworked the diesel engine slightly as it now emits fewer carbon dioxides (down from 109g/km to 101g/km). Fuel efficiency is also improved by 7% to 25.63km/l.


http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/s...facelift-96450
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2013, 22:04   #1974
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki Swift Facelift gets its motorshow debut in Franfurt, updates being rolled out on the India-spec Maruti Swift in 2014.
Finally! It is out and released at least. Hope it was also released here in India too.

None of the dealers here have an idea of such an 'Updates' on the Swift.

Just adding more pictures from the same link.

The blue looks fabulous on the car.

Side profile:
Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-profileofthe2014suzukiswiftfacelift.jpg

Rear:
Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-rearofthe2014suzukiswiftfacelift.jpg

Rear Three-quarter:
Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-rearthreequarterofthe2014suzukiswiftfacelift.jpg


http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/s...facelift-96450

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 13:25   #1975
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Any idea about the current waiting periods for the Swift D?
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 13:41   #1976
BHPian
 
Grr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 189 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The blue looks fabulous on the car.


Rear Three-quarter:
Attachment 1137417


http://indianautosblog.com/2013/09/s...facelift-96450

Anurag.
The chocolaty swift in the background with a white roof looks yummy....
Grr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:28   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,642
Thanked: 3,837 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

The Z versions were coming with a 195 section or 185? I saw a new Swift ZDi with 185 spec rubber.

Whereas I think I saw earlier ZDi's with 195 section rubber.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:32   #1978
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Z versions were coming with a 195 section or 185? I saw a new Swift ZDi with 185 spec rubber.

Whereas I think I saw earlier ZDi's with 195 section rubber.
Z comes with 185 section. Even Ritz Z come with 185.
anup7649 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:33   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Any idea about the current waiting periods for the Swift D?
At least in Hyderabad, the waiting is may be 5-6 days maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
The chocolaty swift in the background with a white roof looks yummy.
Yes buddy but I would like to see that with a Black roof rather than a white. Attaching a few pictures of the Chocolate Brown Swift.

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-frontthreequarterofthesuzukiswift30jahreedition.jpg

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-profileofthesuzukiswift30jahreedition.jpg

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-badgeofthesuzukiswift30jahreedition.jpg

Source: Indian Autos Blog.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Z versions were coming with a 195 section or 185? I saw a new Swift ZDi with 185 spec rubber.

Whereas I think I saw earlier ZDi's with 195 section rubber.
The Swift ZDi comes with MRF ZVTV 185/65 R15.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th September 2013 at 14:46. Reason: Adding Images
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 14:39   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,642
Thanked: 3,837 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the quick clarification Anurag and Anup!

Anurag - I bet the upcoming Polo diesel would have confused you as I believe you are looking forward for a Car purchase.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 1543 2nd December 2016 19:04
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks