Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 15:04   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Anurag - I bet the upcoming Polo diesel would have confused you as I believe you are looking forward for a Car purchase.
I am not confused but Swift ZDi it is.

I love the Polo but for its ASC. That is the only reason and I need peace of mind so sticking to Maruti. 110 kms a day with Maruti & Hyundai having their ASC near by. Can't take a risk.

I was tempted by the 1.6 GT TDi but for the price and ASC have to remove that option.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 15:06   #1982
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,817
Thanked: 10,746 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Maruti Swift XDi special edition launched.

Based on the base diesel LDi trim, the Swift XDI comes with additional features such as a double-DIN music system, front power windows, art-leather seat covers, tilt-steering, keyless entry, rear parking sensors, special door sills and wing mirrors with turn indicators and front fog lamps.
The Swift XDi is priced at Rs 6.67 lakh (ex-showroom, Jaipur).

Maruti is also offering an exchange bonus of Rs 20,000 and a loyalty bonus of Rs 15,000 on the Swift XDi.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-357566.aspx
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 16:37   #1983
BHPian
 
mnvvishwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KA-01/KA-47
Posts: 40
Thanked: 34 Times
Question Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I was browsing through the Maruti Suzuki website and made a observation, I knew that Vdi / Vxi ABS variants are not available currently, but I didn't know that Vdi / Vxi variants are come with standard ABS and Air bag.

Below Screenshot from the Maruti Suzuki website

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-swift.jpg

But the brochure say's something else

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-swift1.jpg

Which is to be believed?
mnvvishwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 17:54   #1984
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,810
Thanked: 1,845 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

ABS was available as an option in VXi trim in the earlier model but it is not the case now. current swift gets airbag and ABS in Zxi/Zdi only

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th September 2013 at 17:55.
bluevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 18:03   #1985
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
I was browsing through the Maruti Suzuki website and made a observation,

Which is to be believed?
Believe none. Go to the dealer and clear your doubts. Check the car physically and enquire rather than seeing the webpage that is not updated properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
ABS was available as an option in VXi trim in the earlier model but it is not the case now. current swift gets airbag and ABS in Zxi/Zdi only
+1.

Airbags, Brake booster, ABS/EBD all are available in 'Z' variants only.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 19:43   #1986
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 229
Thanked: 137 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Maruti Swift XDi special edition launched

Maruti has launched another special edition of the Swift hatchback- the Swift XDI.

Based on the base diesel LDi trim, the Swift XDI comes with additional features such as a double-DIN music system, front power windows, art-leather seat covers, tilt-steering, keyless entry, rear parking sensors, special door sills and wing mirrors with turn indicators and front fog lamps.

The Swift XDi is priced at Rs 6.67 lakh (ex-showroom, Jaipur). Maruti is also offering an exchange bonus of Rs 20,000 and a loyalty bonus of Rs 15,000 on the Swift XDi.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-357566.aspx
manasmadaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 00:51   #1987
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Swift XDI.

Based on the base diesel LDi trim, the Swift XDI comes with additional features such as a double-DIN music system, front power windows, art-leather seat covers, tilt-steering, keyless entry, rear parking sensors, special door sills and wing mirrors with turn indicators and front fog lamps.
ACC, ABS+EBD, Airbags, Steering controls, wider profile tyres+alloys. These are the missing features and if a customer is Ok with the lack of these then it is a good buy.

I feel Maruti is trying to get attention and to shoot sales for dull numbers it is giving them.

The OTR would be 6.7L on average over the states in India. Decent move from Maruti.

Main question is: When is 'YDi' coming?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th September 2013 at 01:14.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 11:48   #1988
Newbie
 
balajisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BLR/MYS
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Cruise control would have been a steal,but can cruise control be installed on the 2013 swift diesel
balajisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:23   #1989
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisb View Post
Cruise control would have been a steal,but can cruise control be installed on the 2013 swift diesel
I don't think the cruise control can be installed after market or from Maruti
after manufacturing. It is better if they come installed from the factor else they can start to act up and have a mid of their own.

Features like ABS, Rear wash/wipe were something I wanted to retro fit but it is not possible and not worth it. So the decision I made for my future was, if I buy any car from now on it will be the Top-End model let what the price be. No compromise on safety whatsoever.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:25   #1990
Newbie
 
balajisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: BLR/MYS
Posts: 21
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think the cruise control can be installed after market or from Maruti
after manufacturing. It is better if they come installed from the factor else they can start to act up and have a mid of their own.

Features like ABS, Rear wash/wipe were something I wanted to retro fit but it is not possible and not worth it. So the decision I made for my future was, if I buy any car from now on it will be the Top-End model let what the price be. No compromise on safety whatsoever.

Anurag.
True, it is not feasible to install, but asked it out of curiosity.I guess Car makers in India are still not used to give features like traction control, cruise control, hill assist, creep function et.al as standard.May be a part of the reason may also be the market.
balajisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 22:53   #1991
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Just found out today that new Maruti Swift Diesel comes with a hydraulic engine mount. Maruti doesn't shout about it and so not everyone knows about it.

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-20130926_180708.jpg
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 22:57   #1992
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Just found out today that new Maruti Swift Diesel comes with a hydraulic engine mount. Maruti doesn't shout about it and so not everyone knows about it.
It may shout in the 2014 model. They are late in most things so nothing much to say. Moreover not many would have noticed that engine mount.

So my question to you: How is starting and switching off of the engine feel? Does it shake the car or is it smooth?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 23:05   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL 01
Posts: 4,334
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It may shout in the 2014 model. They are late in most things so nothing much to say. Moreover not many would have noticed that engine mount.
Why do you think they have to shout in 2014 when they have been selling this car with this mount ever since they rolled out the new Swift in 2011?
Maruti were giving hydraulic mounts before Toyota decided to give it to their refreshed Etios and Liva diesel models, so i don't see how they're late.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 23:08   #1994
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Why do you think they have to shout in 2014 when they have been selling this car with this mount ever since they rolled out the new Swift in 2011?

Maruti were giving hydraulic mounts before Toyota decided to give it to their refreshed Etios and Liva diesel models, so i don't see how they're late.
Late in the sense publicity or mentioning it in ads and brochure. Not all understand the mounts and know how it looks. I meant it this way.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:23   #1995
BHPian
 
satyamkaushik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 272
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

When did the VDi variant start coming with ABS ?

There was no such option when i bought mine.
Attached Images
  
satyamkaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 1543 2nd December 2016 19:04
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks