Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 12:08   #2836
BHPian
 
GranvilleDsouza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 108
Thanked: 134 Times
Default Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Are you using OEM brake pads?
Looks like manufacturing defect or the caliper pins aren't moving freely causing the pads to bind to the rotor creating pressure on it. Is that a crack or some kind of depression?
Running on Bosch that I changed just last month. Not sure it's a depression of sorts, does not feel like it's inside. Also, does not feel like a crack. Not sure why or how this happened, if you see closely, that one disc has two of those marks. This has been post changing the pads wasn't there earlier.

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 30th July 2017 at 12:11.
GranvilleDsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 23:55   #2837
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 1,381 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Sharing a rather bad experience while servicing my 2015 Maruti Swift VXi. Due to health constraint (caught dengue), could not get my car serviced in time losing opportunity to buy extended warranty. Car was purchased on 31-Jul-2015, missed the date for 2017. Gave the car for servicing on 22-Aug-2015 availing pick and drop service by Amar Motors, Vadodara.
When the car came back and bill was handed over to me, I was shocked to see 5W-30 engine oil filled up in my car instead of 0W-20. Called up SA only to be told that "system wont allow to bill wrong oil" so 5W-30 is perfect. Asked him to confirm in writing and dropped an SMS so that they can email me what he mentioned. After 5 mins, got call that they are ready to change oil.

Was having weakness during that recovery phase, but still went to service center and oil was changed. Mom accompanied me and while waiting in customer area asked me to have a look as green fluid was falling on ground (my car was raised to drain oil). Didn't care about it much. 0W-20 oil was put in using a plastic container, a container which wasn't clean from any stretch of imagination. Infact, the new oil to be filled in my car was was brought in same container in which they drained oil, atleast the physical appearance was same. So when new oil was filled in, I was on shop floor and touched the container if oil was hot or not. If hot, its same old oil being poured in. It was cold, so new oil. I requested to put in new oil filter too, but was denied. I was ready to pay for new oil filter again even though I had just paid for it before driving the car to service center. But they didn't do it.

Now, after barely one and half months, the coolant level is below "Low". The temperature gauge remains at middle position, safe. Dont know how coolant leaked out or it was low since last service. In that service I had asked for coolant to be replaced. The mild facelifted Swift which I have has a different coolant reservoir than the pre-facelift model. This new design makes it very difficult to observe coolant level. Not sure if something went amiss during that service, but this doesn't seem to be regular wear and tear.

What I wanted to avoid just happened then and now again. Unscheduled visits to service center due to negligent service offered. Wrong oil, and now no coolant. Having used other Maruti products, I am sure that coolant levels dont drop so suddenly. Will visit service center tomorrow and ask them to check for any leaks. Maruti service is not exactly as cheap and quality has gone down too. Last year, Kiran Motors put less oil in my car (link to post (Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review)) and this year wrong oil.

If car owners can remain present during oil change, nothing like it. Be cautious and check all vital fluids every week. I missed on this part after following the routine for few months after last year's service. My car hasn't hit anything and I am not observing any leak. Have shot an email to Maruti, not expecting anything ground breaking but they should know that service levels are falling. Gave this posts' link too.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th October 2017 at 00:07.
aaggoswami is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 06:40   #2838
BHPian
 
Sebring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 424
Thanked: 436 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Sorry to hear about this. Always, always carry your own oil for service. It's the easiest consumable to be cheated on. Takes just a few minutes of your time and wont void warranty. Learnt this the hard way with Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore when they used sub-par oil and post that, have been the wiser.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 13:11   #2839
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 1,381 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Always, always carry your own oil for service. It's the easiest consumable to be cheated on. Takes just a few minutes of your time and wont void warranty. Learnt this the hard way with Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore when they used sub-par oil and post that, have been the wiser.
Oil from outside is not allowed, any part/fluid from outside is not allowed. The car is now out of warranty, so will try to get filter from outside and change oil myself. Another trouble is getting 0W-20 oil from Shell, I want to avoid IOC oil.

Update :
Went to Amar motors today at 10 AM. Massive rush. Maruti is putting more cars on road every month, the already massive service network of theirs may need expansion.

No job card was prepared, I asked SA to get a technician and have a look at my car. No coolant found in reservoir, new coolant filled in. Just to fill in, they took my car inside their compound and then was taken out, am OK with it. Stood there for 10 mins to check for any leak, it didnt. SA told me that probability of coolant filled in less quantity or something going amiss leading to leak could be there during the service. But coolant top up was done, spent 1 hour plus this morning behind this.

Maruti needs to understand that prevention is better than cure. I will now be checking all fluids every week.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th October 2017 at 13:37.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 15:20   #2840
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 374
Thanked: 668 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Oil from outside is not allowed, any part/fluid from outside is not allowed. The car is now out of warranty, so will try to get filter from outside and change oil myself. Another trouble is getting 0W-20 oil from Shell, I want to avoid IOC oil.
Just find a competent MASS in your city from this link and carry your own oil and you are good to go.

I had visited a MASS for the first time last month and realized that quality is on par with a dealer owned service station that I used to visit but transparency is a lot better. I can stand near my own car. Ask silly questions and mechanic will not bother to mention each and every small thing on job card first.

Like when I went to get gear box oil seal replaced in my WagonR, I just mentioned him about the door rattle. He analysed it for a minute and rectified it then and there. Had it been a dealer owned service station he would tell me the labor rates for it first.
And not to mention, the precious time I save. It definitely helps considering the rising temperature in my city.

Shell 0W20 is easily available in MGP stores in a 3.5L container. You can purchase it from there.

Cheers!
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 15:24   #2841
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,835
Thanked: 9,550 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just find a competent MASS in your city from this link and carry your own oil and you are good to go.

I had visited a MASS for the first time last month and realized that quality is on par with a dealer owned service station that I used to visit but transparency is a lot better. I can stand near my own car. Ask silly questions and mechanic will not bother to mention each and every small thing on job card first.

Like when I went to get gear box oil seal replaced in my WagonR, I just mentioned him about the door rattle. He analysed it for a minute and rectified it then and there. Had it been a dealer owned service station he would tell me the labor rates for it first.
And not to mention, the precious time I save. It definitely helps considering the rising temperature in my city.
Completely agree with your observations. And not just any MASS, try to visit A category MASS for better quality. For the very same reason, I have created this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops)

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 22:43   #2842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 155
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Hi All need some help here with my 2012 Swift VDi clocked 69000kms. Yesterday I drove my swift for about 10kms and parked it at a store. When I returned to start it the car starts, vibrates and immediately switches off. This happened in the next 4-5 cranks. Called up Maruti assistance and they sent a technician in about 20mins. I called in my driver to stay with him and I left. This technician had checked the car and told me that diesel is passing through ok but there is another problem which he can identify only after the car is taken to the workshop. So the car was towed and taken to the nearest authorised workshop located right next to my house. Although I have never serviced my car ever at this workshop.

Today when I rang up the floor incharge he said initially they are checking the problem and it’s a bit complicated and that he will get back to me. Again after a couple of hours I called him and this time he said it’s an injector lines issue and they are checking. Finally today evening when I called he said it’s not ready and that there could be an ECM problem. I only hope that Am not being taken for a ride with these guys.
Has anyone in this group ever faced such issues? Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 07:56   #2843
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,351
Thanked: 13,235 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
When I returned to start it the car starts, vibrates and immediately switches off. This happened in the next 4-5 cranks.
Was any service done recently prior to this issue happening in your Swift? Did the car drive normally in those 10 kms? Any CEL or warning lights on the dashboard you observed?

I can think of:
  • Fuel delivery issue to the injectors - Like clogged lines or a Clogged Fuel filter;

  • Possible chances of air lock in the fuel lines;

  • Injectors clogged and may need cleaning or injector failing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th October 2017 at 16:42. Reason: Small typo :)
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 14:08   #2844
BHPian
 
satz581993Mille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Hey guys, I'm planning to replace my stock front headlamps in my swift with a new one. One of the headlights have started developing fog inside due to condensation during heavy rains. So I'm inclined towards changing both the headlamps and was looking at some options other than the stock one from Maruti. Can any of you guys suggest some models with good quality and acceptable price range?

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2017 at 12:06. Reason: Fixing quotation mark (seems to be a recent issue with the iOS app).
satz581993Mille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 23:56   #2845
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 1,381 Times
Default Re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Completely agree with your observations. And not just any MASS, try to visit A category MASS for better quality. For the very same reason, I have created this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just find a competent MASS in your city from this link and carry your own oil and you are good to go.

Shell 0W20 is easily available in MGP stores in a 3.5L container. You can purchase it from there.
Out of the 6 MASS listed, I am already having experience with more than 4 !
One garage is where we used to get our Maruti 800 serviced, Car Care is related to Car Scanner (Hyundai) which actually didnt' do good service on my Grand i10.
Nevertheless, the first one known to me warrants a visit soon.
About oil, called up the three MGP in Vadodara, all told me they dont stock oil. Its a bit tough to get 0W-20 specially in smaller cities like the one I reside in.

I am planning to get Mobil 1 0W-40 oil for my car. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Its available online and might give it shot. My concern is not cold starts, but after engine reaches operating temperature. 0W20 shall (?) be thinner aiding circulation in modern engines with tight tolerances, while 0W40 could be thicker.
aaggoswami is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 01:54   #2846
BHPian
 
ashishrathi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 72 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Out of the 6 MASS listed, I am already having experience with more than 4 !
One garage is where we used to get our Maruti 800 serviced, Car Care is related to Car Scanner (Hyundai) which actually didnt' do good service on my Grand i10.
Nevertheless, the first one known to me warrants a visit soon.
About oil, called up the three MGP in Vadodara, all told me they dont stock oil. Its a bit tough to get 0W-20 specially in smaller cities like the one I reside in.

I am planning to get Mobil 1 0W-40 oil for my car. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Its available online and might give it shot. My concern is not cold starts, but after engine reaches operating temperature. 0W20 shall (?) be thinner aiding circulation in modern engines with tight tolerances, while 0W40 could be thicker.
In Delhi, MSIL dealers where I had got my 2012 Swift Vxi (upgraded to latest ECM patch) serviced couple of times stock Castrol Edge 5W40 grade for full synthetic oil changes.

Hence I had always sticked to this 5W40 grade after having 10K Kms on the odometer and also tried Total Quartz 7000 & Shell Helix Ultra along with Castrol Edge in pursuit of providing the best tonic to my beloved Swift.

Be rest assured, this grade this perfect fit for the K12 engines and infact aid in reducing the NVH level to quite an extent.

I can vouch for it after putting another 50K Kms on the odometer running perfectly on this grade of oil in Delhi blistering summers and occasionally doing redline runs.
ashishrathi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1596 12th September 2017 12:39
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 669 28th May 2017 20:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks