Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:36   #646
BHPian
 
ontheroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KL-01/KL-08
Posts: 265
Thanked: 91 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Couldn't spot the metal plate on the driver door B pillar
So i guess it'll be 32 for the front & back then (Bridgestone 185/70/R14)
Just the confusion that being a diesel should it be even higher in the front for the new Swift
Iam driving the old swift Vdi with Yoko A drives 185/70/R14. I find filling 32psi in front and 30 psi in back gives you the best ride and handling. I have observed that pulling suffers for anything less than 30psi in front and for anything more than 33psi in front, the car starts to bounce.
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:08   #647
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

hello guys, I have a problem in my new swift (Vxi) where in the brakes becomes hard for a few seconds. Pressing the clutch and then re-pressing the brakes again resolves the issue. The problem is not consistent but recurrent every 50-60 kms. Can some one help me understand what needs to be done?
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:17   #648
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 378
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
hello guys, I have a problem in my new swift (Vxi) where in the brakes becomes hard for a few seconds. Pressing the clutch and then re-pressing the brakes again resolves the issue. The problem is not consistent but recurrent every 50-60 kms. Can some one help me understand what needs to be done?
Hi MutantX

I am also taking delivery of my VXi today. Just wanted to know how you find the brakes to be (given the high dissatisfaction with the brakes on the VDi). Is the petrol any better, given its lower kerb weight etc?

Secondly, what exactly is the problem when you say the brakes are getting hard? Does it mean that the brakes become ineffective for a brief moment till you engage the clutch? Please do clarify.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:32   #649
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi MutantX
Secondly, what exactly is the problem when you say the brakes are getting hard? Does it mean that the brakes become ineffective for a brief moment till you engage the clutch? Please do clarify.
At lower speeds the brakes becomes hard/ineffective and I had to press the clutch for the brake to be effective once again.

Last edited by MutantX : 3rd January 2012 at 09:33.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:01   #650
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 677
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I am expecting my ZDi delivery this Saturday. The painful 5-1/2 months wait period is almost over.

I plan to immediately replace the stock MRF tyres with either Yokohama A series or Michelin with a wider 195/60/R15 spec. Can someone share their experiences with Michelin and Yokohama tyres on the Swift? The Yokohama A series look sporty but the tread pattern IMO may not be suitable for Indian roads conditions. Just my hunch. The Michelin tread pattern looks more conventional and the softer compound tyres should give good grip and handling. Any comments will be welcome. I have been quoted Rs. 5600 for Michelin and Rs. 4800 for Yokohama. The stock MRF tyres will fetch me Rs. 3000 in exchange.

Another question - what tyre pressure works best with 195/60/R15 tyres on the new diesel Swift?

Last edited by fuel_addict : 3rd January 2012 at 12:03.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:13   #651
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 378
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Can someone share their experiences with Michelin and Yokohama tyres on the Swift? The Yokohama A series look sporty but the tread pattern IMO may not be suitable for Indian roads conditions. Just my hunch. The Michelin tread pattern looks more conventional and the softer compound tyres should give good grip and handling.
The Yoko A Drives are fantastic tires in their own right, as good as Michelins for the most part though they differ in certain characteristics. This is the impression that I got after using both of them on friends cars. The Yokos are generally more long lasting, since the Michelins are of softer compound (hence offering better grip). But this is not to say that the Yokos are not grippy- they are and also offer great stability and comfort, and in 195ers, they offer a great value for money upgrade on the Swift.

As to the Yoko's suitability for Indian roads, I dont think there is any concern there as these tires are a very popular upgrade option for those looking for a value for money tyre which offer good grip and stability, has good longevity and looks and has acceptably low road noise.

I also plan to upgrade to 195/60 15" Yoko A drives in the next 2-3 days once I take delivery of my Swift today.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 3rd January 2012 at 13:15.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:34   #652
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 677
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The Yoko A Drives are fantastic tires in their own right, as good as Michelins for the most part though they differ in certain characteristics. This is the impression that I got after using both of them on friends cars. The Yokos are generally more long lasting, since the Michelins are of softer compound (hence offering better grip). But this is not to say that the Yokos are not grippy- they are and also offer great stability and comfort, and in 195ers, they offer a great value for money upgrade on the Swift.

I also plan to upgrade to 195/60 15" Yoko A drives in the next 2-3 days once I take delivery of my Swift today.
Thanks for the feedback. Your post gives me a lot of confidence. I was initially inclined towards Yokohama due to the price factor and the brand name. I think I will go with them eventually and save on some vitamin M over the other M brand .

What price are you getting the 195/60/R15 Yokos for? And what is the resale value you are getting for the stock VXi tyres? You will need to upsize to 15" alloys as well.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:47   #653
Senior - BHPian
 
shashank.nk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 709 Times
Default

As an upgrade, has anyone here considered the MRF ZLO Tyres?

I've read a lot of positive reviews on the forum.
shashank.nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:13   #654
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 378
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Your post gives me a lot of confidence. I was initially inclined towards Yokohama due to the price factor and the brand name. I think I will go with them eventually and save on some vitamin M over the other M brand .

What price are you getting the 195/60/R15 Yokos for? And what is the resale value you are getting for the stock VXi tyres? You will need to upsize to 15" alloys as well.
You are welcome. Apart from my own personal view about them, it is also the general consensus that Yoko A drives offer fantastic value for money. I have been quoted about 4.7 per tyre, with an exchange price of about 2k+ per tyre on my VXi (MRFs).

And yes I am upgrading to alloys. My Lenso Samurai SC-01 s have already arrived (pre-ordered a set of 5), which, though slightly expensive, are absolutely drool worthy classic 10 spoke alloys.

I think you can go with the Yokos with eyes closed, you can use the saved moolah for other spends on your car (the list is unending of course)
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:15   #655
BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 378
Thanked: 78 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
As an upgrade, has anyone here considered the MRF ZLO Tyres?

I've read a lot of positive reviews on the forum.
I have, and I was also told that they are worthy alternatives to the Yokos and Michelins of this world. However, I am a little hesitant and would probably prefer to play it safe with the Yokos. Though I am given to understand that MRFs are very competent products.
arindambasu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:17   #656
BHPian
 
fuel_addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 677
Thanked: 101 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have been quoted about 4.7 per tyre, with an exchange price of about 2k+ per tyre on my VXi (MRFs).


I think you can go with the Yokos with eyes closed, you can use the saved moolah for other spends on your car (the list is unending of course)
That's pretty much the same I was quoted for the Yokos.

I intend to get the Pete's tuning box installed after 10K km or thereabouts, that is the primary reason for the tyre upgrade.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:45   #657
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 280
Thanked: 193 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

fuel_addict: I have new swift Zdi and the best air pressure for 195 60 R15 profile tyres is 33 psi front , 31 psi rear . I use to maintain the same pressure in my old swift vdi which had same profile 195 60 R15 . I have also checked maruti recommended tyre pressure for zdi on front door , it says 31 psi front and 29 psi rear but its mentioned for tyre profile 185 65 R15 . One thing more you will not get good exchange rate for 185 65 R15 as this specification tyre is only made by MRF solely for new swift Zdi and Zxi . Reason for low exchange price is because as they are not in demand so be ready to shell out more money . I got Bridgestone Turanza ER60 and its current price is Rs 5200 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
I am expecting my ZDi delivery this Saturday. The painful 5-1/2 months wait period is almost over.

I plan to immediately replace the stock MRF tyres with either Yokohama A series or Michelin with a wider 195/60/R15 spec. Can someone share their experiences with Michelin and Yokohama tyres on the Swift? The Yokohama A series look sporty but the tread pattern IMO may not be suitable for Indian roads conditions. Just my hunch. The Michelin tread pattern looks more conventional and the softer compound tyres should give good grip and handling. Any comments will be welcome. I have been quoted Rs. 5600 for Michelin and Rs. 4800 for Yokohama. The stock MRF tyres will fetch me Rs. 3000 in exchange.

Another question - what tyre pressure works best with 195/60/R15 tyres on the new diesel Swift?

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 3rd January 2012 at 16:46.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 23:02   #658
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 100
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

We have a Zdi in the family, the stock tyres were replaced on the same day & the upgraded tyres are michelin Primacy LC each costing about 5600. Also the buy back rate of stock MRF tyres was 3800 per tyre, so 1800per tyre for the upgrade.

Also while driving the car , the tyres literally float & are really very comfortable & absolutely silent. Did not test the grip limits as the car is still very new.

Also tyre pressure using currently 32F & 30R & as been comfortable till now. This was also recommended by the tyre dealer (BK Tyres) & i am following his advice till date. Cheers.
piyush78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 23:11   #659
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 325
Thanked: 86 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Hey Piyush, i must say you have got a great deal, especially on the buy back of stock MRF's. I was quoted 3000 for the same.

Btw, what size are the upgraded tyres, 195/60 15? 5600 does look high for that size.
ScorpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 10:38   #660
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,510
Thanked: 121 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Hi
I am happy to inform you all that i have booked All New Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDI on 4th January 2012. The Colour is Torque Blue. Delivery promised in 4 months time. The car is going to be on side with My Fiat Linea Petrol. I have booked the car at VishnuCars, Chrompet Chennai. the OTR price being 7,61,539.

I am all excited about it, since i had been scouting for a small car for almost a year time and Finally it had ended yesterday.

I will post my Choosing process/TD/ Decisions/ Dealership experience in my ownership thread which i am going to Prepare in assembly line and post it when the car gets delivered.

Just a few questions

1. Ok i have booked the car. what to do next? i have paid 10k for booking. How on the earth i can know if the have already placed a order for my car? Will i get any confirmation from them. when will they give my Chasis VIN engine number? is there any website like for XUV500 where i can track my booking?
2. Finance- What do you guys suggest? shall i go for the finance at Vishnucars itself or shall i try outside and negotiate too? what have you guys done?
3. Absolutely no/ nil offer from my dealer except the mats and mudflaps. Can i negotiate on that? the SA says there absolutely nothing he can give me on this? are there ways i can get more out of him?
4. I am looking for a GPS navigator with bluetooth phone call control and reverse parking sensor / camera control unit for my ZDI. i will terribly miss the phone control which are there in linea. so i need a unit which has steering attachable call controls preferable. is there anyone who has analysed such things here? can someoen throw more light?

Can someone please help !!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 1543 2nd December 2016 19:04
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:55.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks