Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 09:32   #1291
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
In fact i was going to ask the same here. I am getting the tick sound only while pick up from 1st gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
I get the tick sound as well when I engage first. Looks like this is common for all. As far as the rattle goes, go to MASS immediately. It could be an issue with a nut in the front strut. The torque needs to be looked at and can be resolved immediately. It might be something else. But get it checked immediately as it will only get worse.
Thanks guys. So the tick sound is normal for all. We went for a long trip to chikamangalore and i noticed the sound once while traveling without music. So i thought it was due to the trip to hilly areas where i used only 1st or 2nd gears.

Happy thing is it didn't even scraped the bottom at any of uneven roads.
And rattling sound is somewhere near right side air vent. Its like some coin or metallic piece went inside. Might be some issue with a nut. One pic from the trip
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review-_dsc0212.jpg  


Last edited by devil_klm : 17th May 2012 at 09:34.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 11:36   #1292
Newbie
 
abhishekdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BOS/DEL/BLR
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I got my first car, the Swift ZXI (Glistening Grey) this month from Delhi. I would like to thank members of this forum and especially in this thread for sharing information that helped me immensely in choosing the car and made the whole process seem so "expected" and smooth.

A quick summary:
  • I booked the car on 16th April 2012 and got delivery on 6th May 2012.
  • On Road Price without insurance Rs 606958.
  • The dealer was providing basic insurance from Royal Sundaram/Bajaj Allianz/National Insurance/ICICI Lombard for Rs 17377. I got insurance done directly from Royal Sundaram (Rs 16638 incl. 0% Depreciation, Passenger and Driver Cover, Legal Liabilities, Full Invoice Cover).
  • Got these Accessories:
    1. 4 point parking sensor (Rs 4400)
    2. Rear Spoiler (Rs 4500)
    3. Gear Lock (Rs 1500)
    4. Anti Rust Coating 3M (Rs 2500)
    5. Car Cover (Rs 1260)
  • Got additional ~10% discount on accessories.
  • Got a 4GB San Disk Cruzer Fit Pen Drive (Rs 292) for permanent fit in the USB port.


I am a newbie driver, but the driving experience feels awesome after those rattling Driving school cars. Drove 400Km till now. The Average reading on the MID fluctuates between 15.3 to 16.5 on city roads with ACC on. Yet to go on a long drive.

The only issue I notice is that the I never saw the LED on the "Alarm button Glow" in contrast to what the manual says. Also the shock sensor alarm is too sensitive. It triggers on whenever some kid touches it in the parking. I have switched it off for now, and am searching for some way (If there is any) to reduce the sensitivity of the shock sensor. I get these checked during the first service.

I am really confused if I should get set covers or not. I am pretty fine with the factory fitted seat covers and would NOT like to go for art-leather/pure leather version. Some of my relatives suggest to keep using the original seat covers and go for a change when the seat covers look/feel old. While some are suggesting to go for new ones else as per them [Hindi]"seat baith jayenge"[Hindi]. If I go for set covers I would prefer cloth seat covers within a budget of Rs 10K. Any advise from experts here?

PS: The car is for my parents who would make use of a driver mostly and would travel 1000-1500km/month at max. I would get to drive it whenever I am in Delhi. I am already making up my mind to get a A segment car for my own driving in bangalore in next 6-8 months.
abhishekdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 13:28   #1293
BHPian
 
jingaboysr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore, Cochin
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdev View Post
I got my first car, the Swift ZXI (Glistening Grey) this month from Delhi. I would like to thank members of this forum and especially in this thread for sharing information that helped me immensely in choosing the car and made the whole process seem so "expected" and smooth.
Congrats on your car. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Quote:
The only issue I notice is that the I never saw the LED on the "Alarm button Glow" in contrast to what the manual says. Also the shock sensor alarm is too sensitive. It triggers on whenever some kid touches it in the parking. I have switched it off for now, and am searching for some way (If there is any) to reduce the sensitivity of the shock sensor. I get these checked during the first service.
The LED will blink slowly after the vehicle is locked. It will blink fast if the car detects an intrusion. Shock sensor sensitivity can be adjusted, you can refer the manual. IIRC below are the steps.
1) Lock, then unlock quickly.
2) Press and hold both lock and unlock buttons together.
3) After a long chirm, press lock to reduce and unlock to increase the sensitivity.

I might be wrong with the steps, you can refer the manual for it.


I read in the manual that if the boot is not closed properly, the car still locks with a long chirmp warning. But in my car, it just refuses to lock. Is this behavior limited to ZDi/ZXi due to the auto boot release mechanism?
jingaboysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 13:41   #1294
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,327
Thanked: 5,261 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I read in the manual that if the boot is not closed properly, the car still locks with a long chirmp warning. But in my car, it just refuses to lock. Is this behavior limited to ZDi/ZXi due to the auto boot release mechanism?
It's not the boot but the engine hood that will cause the car to lock with three beeps. If your boot or any door is not closed properly, the car won't lock.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:01   #1295
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekdev View Post
I am really confused if I should get set covers or not. I am pretty fine with the factory fitted seat covers and would NOT like to go for art-leather/pure leather version. Some of my relatives suggest to keep using the original seat covers and go for a change when the seat covers look/feel old. While some are suggesting to go for new ones else as per them [Hindi]"seat baith jayenge"[Hindi]. If I go for set covers I would prefer cloth seat covers within a budget of Rs 10K. Any advise from experts here?

PS: The car is for my parents who would make use of a driver mostly and would travel 1000-1500km/month at max. I would get to drive it whenever I am in Delhi. I am already making up my mind to get a A segment car for my own driving in bangalore in next 6-8 months.
First of all congrats on the new car. I am using the factory fitted seats as it is. Only thing is it may get dirt. If you use AC all time, chances of dust accumulation is less. Go for some premium brands or get it done from a shop only for this. Search our directory. While putting the cover they remove seats and chances of getting rattling is more if some one new is doing the work. Why didn't you considered a diesel when you have 1000-1500 KM/Month. And your driver is a lucky person to get highest verient of drivers delight
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 18:12   #1296
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I got my Torque blue ZDI delivered yesterday. OTR 7.97 lakhs Chennai including 0% depreciation from HDFC ERGO and 20% NCB. Free accessories were mud flaps, door mat, boot mat and art leather steering cover (crappy). Bought the door sil plates, side door gaurds and car cover as accessories.

Few observations
1) There was lot of dust in the interiors during delivery
2) The car was too bouncy. Checked the air pressure during diesel fill and found it to be 50 PSI.
3) MRFs were a bit noisy. Replaced them with Yoko A-Drives by paying Rs 12000 (4900 for 195/60 R15 and 2500 as buy back price for stock MRF). The ride quality, noise and grip went up a few nothches higher.
4) The A/C is a chiller considering that it is close to 40 degrees in Chennai and the car has no sun film.
5) The gear shift is a bit tight. Perhaps it will ease out as we go along
6) Music system has a boomy bass.
7) Haven't figured out the best way to close the boot lid yet.
8) Engine noise is a bit on the higher side than my expectation. The diesel that the dealer gave is not from a good petrol bunk and perhaps is contributing to it.
9) Weak horn at least for Chennai.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 23:58   #1297
BHPian
 
jingaboysr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore, Cochin
Posts: 270
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I got my Torque blue ZDI delivered yesterday.
I think yours will be the 5th torque blue ZDi in team-bhp! congrats.
Quote:
3) MRFs were a bit noisy. Replaced them with Yoko A-Drives by paying Rs 12000 (4900 for 195/60 R15 and 2500 as buy back price for stock MRF). The ride quality, noise and grip went up a few nothches higher.
Excellent decision. I had to postpone changing my stock MRFs to next tyre change, due to lack of vitamin M
Quote:
7) Haven't figured out the best way to close the boot lid yet.
You'll get the hang of it soon. Do it neither too hard nor too soft, and, if you end up with the lid not closed properly, wait for a couple of seconds at least before re-trying.
jingaboysr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 00:24   #1298
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 363 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Wonderful. Congratulations and wishing you a very pleasant and peaceful ownership experience.

- You should have taken the dealer to task for not cleaning the car properly before delivery.
- Yoko A drives are a good choice - You could have gone for C-drives too, which are more comfort oriented.
- Gear shift will become alright (or you will get used to it) shortly. Also, the engine clatter will definitely reduce post the run-in period.
- The old swift had dual horns, doesnt the new one have dual horns too? I'd be surprised if they dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I got my Torque blue ZDI delivered yesterday. OTR 7.97 lakhs Chennai including 0% depreciation from HDFC ERGO and 20% NCB. Free accessories were mud flaps, door mat, boot mat and art leather steering cover (crappy). Bought the door sil plates, side door gaurds and car cover as accessories.

Few observations
1) There was lot of dust in the interiors during delivery
2) The car was too bouncy. Checked the air pressure during diesel fill and found it to be 50 PSI.
3) MRFs were a bit noisy. Replaced them with Yoko A-Drives by paying Rs 12000 (4900 for 195/60 R15 and 2500 as buy back price for stock MRF). The ride quality, noise and grip went up a few nothches higher.
4) The A/C is a chiller considering that it is close to 40 degrees in Chennai and the car has no sun film.
5) The gear shift is a bit tight. Perhaps it will ease out as we go along
6) Music system has a boomy bass.
7) Haven't figured out the best way to close the boot lid yet.
8) Engine noise is a bit on the higher side than my expectation. The diesel that the dealer gave is not from a good petrol bunk and perhaps is contributing to it.
9) Weak horn at least for Chennai.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 01:01   #1299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 680
Thanked: 51 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Hey guys, I have a quick query. My girl friend got a promotion recently and decided to treat herself with a new hatch. Rather, I am forcing her to get her own car as she keeps stealing my spare Zen and never returns it for days. Now she is used to driving the Zen which is automatic and a Maruti. She is happy with a Maruti and she loves the new Swift. My question - Does the Swift come in automatic. If no, any idea from the experts if there are any plans to launch one in the near future (petrol only, she hates diesel).

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 07:25   #1300
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 401
Thanked: 177 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Rohan, There is no auto tranny for Swift. And no news about launch of an automatic. Next plan for maruti is launch of Swift sport with 1.4L petrol engine. New Dezire has automatic version.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 09:26   #1301
BHPian
 
Shome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 229
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal
Hey guys, I have a quick query. My girl friend got a promotion recently and decided to treat herself with a new hatch. Rather, I am forcing her to get her own car as she keeps stealing my spare Zen and never returns it for days. Now she is used to driving the Zen which is automatic and a Maruti. She is happy with a Maruti and she loves the new Swift. My question - Does the Swift come in automatic. If no, any idea from the experts if there are any plans to launch one in the near future (petrol only, she hates diesel).

Cheers!
Rohan
A star would be an ideal choice. A good handler and an automatic. And then there is the I 10 auto but the fuel efficiency is quite bad. Check the official review and the automatic ownership review threads of the a star. This car is very highly rated by the owners due to its handling characteristics (me being one if them). An ideal upgrade from a zen.
Shome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 11:30   #1302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I spoke to the Maruti dealer regarding the delivery of my new swift zdi this month. He told me the price is again going to increase by approx 20K for high end variants across all the models and of course increase in tax for the diesel cars is expected soon.
This is due to the rupee falling down steep and due to market sentiments.
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 09:54   #1303
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I checked out the Scosche website and the published price for the bluetooth kit is $139.90, which is close to INR 7500. Can you please let me know where you purchased it for INR 3990? Thanks.
amrithraj.sagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 07:47   #1304
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,913
Thanked: 3,473 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
I spoke to the Maruti dealer regarding the delivery of my new swift zdi this month. He told me the price is again going to increase by approx 20K for high end variants across all the models and of course increase in tax for the diesel cars is expected soon.
This is due to the rupee falling down steep and due to market sentiments.
Is this true?? ZDi costed 7.8L OTR last november, went to 8.1 lac OTR when I booked in March. In April it went to 8.3 lacs here in Bangalore. If it increases closer to 9L after additional tax on diesel cars, I might have to reconsider the decision. ZXi costs 6.8 on road here, making it almost a 2L difference for the same car with a diesel heart. With a 2L difference, its a huge amount of km running to even get to break-even between petrol and diesel.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 11:58   #1305
BHPian
 
CLIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 112
Thanked: 66 Times
Default re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Is this true?? ZDi costed 7.8L OTR last november, went to 8.1 lac OTR when I booked in March. In April it went to 8.3 lacs here in Bangalore. If it increases closer to 9L after additional tax on diesel cars, I might have to reconsider the decision. ZXi costs 6.8 on road here, making it almost a 2L difference for the same car with a diesel heart. With a 2L difference, its a huge amount of km running to even get to break-even between petrol and diesel.
The Swift Zxi has gone up to 7.02L on road - as on 15 May 2012
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review GTO Official New Car Reviews 1543 2nd December 2016 19:04
Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review Eddy Official New Car Reviews 651 26th November 2016 22:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks