Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2012, 16:46   #1786
Newbie
 
arunmshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 19
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Hi Guys,
I have booked my most awaited Xuv 500 on 25th Jan. (Pearl White,W8 2wd). Keeping my finger crossed for the draw day.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 17:02. Reason: Post moved to appropriate thread! :)
arunmshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 17:02   #1787
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,927
Thanked: 5,685 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Guys, I like your imagination. But unfortunately they are coin holders. I don't know why they provide these coin holders as they are literally not useful at the toll gates. It seems they can be handy in case you are too helpful for traffic signal beggars.
Are you sure?

The sales-rep told me that they're supposed to be lip-stick holders and I was and taken aback a little. I mean, it's a good thing to be innovative, but lip-stick holders? I hope they're coin-slots. But I don't understand how coin slots can be a vertically placed-cylindrical holders. How does one reach the coin right at the bottom? Or is Mahindra encouraging customers to use the XUV as a coin-deposit? *grins*

suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 17:27   #1788
BHPian
 
krishnathanthri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mysore <---> Bangalore
Posts: 299
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

Actually the gaps you see is because it was on jack when this pic was taken, otherwise the gap is not that much.
What about the tire pressure sensor on the old rims?

Alloys 15" or 16"?


Krishna
krishnathanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 20:18   #1789
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,512
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Are you sure?

The sales-rep told me that they're supposed to be lip-stick holders and I was and taken aback a little. I mean, it's a good thing to be innovative, but lip-stick holders? I hope they're coin-slots. But I don't understand how coin slots can be a vertically placed-cylindrical holders. How does one reach the coin right at the bottom? Or is Mahindra encouraging customers to use the XUV as a coin-deposit? *grins*



They are lipstick holders indeed !! Thats what my sales rep told me
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 20:59   #1790
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,163
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
What about the tire pressure sensor on the old rims?

Alloys 15" or 16"?


Krishna
Its W6 so no alloys and no sensors. Infact this is the reason i bought W6 as i can add my own alloys rather than those plain mahindra alloys. These are 17" rims
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 23:14   #1791
BHPian
 
vrrraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Please check the post#3 of this same thread about the interiors. It clearly says they are coin holders. You can remove the coins from one side of stack.


Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
They are lipstick holders indeed !! Thats what my sales rep told me
Attached Images
 
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 23:31   #1792
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,356
Thanked: 506 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Please check the post#3 of this same thread about the interiors. It clearly says they are coin holders. You can remove the coins from one side of stack.
3 different sizes probably for 2 rupee, 1 rupee and 5 rupee each? Wrong solution I would say unless it is a cash counter of a hotel or shop. I will be surprised if any driver has the patience to sort the coins and arrange in those slots. Anyway interesting to know the intended usage.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 23:50   #1793
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 821
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
No it is also applicable to salaried employees whose companies offer them company leased vehicles, in this case whatever they pay towards the emi is deducted from taxable income.

Though it if off topic but I feel that the leasing companies will not participate in such draws on your behalf, neither M&M will allow to do it:-(
Specific question to this XUV500 booking.
I'm planning to take the company lease on Ex-showroom and will be paying rest of the expenses on my own. Can I go ahead and take part in the draw myself and later would they be able to let me go with Company lease (means, the leasing co. will be paying ExShowroom)?
I'm assuming this should be allowed and there shouldnt be any issues with it! your inputs are welcome!
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 06:23   #1794
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Specific question to this XUV500 booking.
I'm planning to take the company lease on Ex-showroom and will be paying rest of the expenses on my own. Can I go ahead and take part in the draw myself and later would they be able to let me go with Company lease (means, the leasing co. will be paying ExShowroom)?
I'm assuming this should be allowed and there shouldnt be any issues with it! your inputs are welcome!
Yes, it should be possible. I have booked a W8 FWD in October using my name (with a mention of my company name in the booking form) and indicated to the dealer that the car will be purchased under a company lease plan. The dealer was okay with it. Since then the leasing company placed a PO against this booking and my delivery date is before 8-Feb. The dealer and lease company are in direct contact and are working on the sale / paper work. When the W8 is ready, it will be registered under my company's name and my name will be mentioned as the end user (while the financing is done by the leasing company).

In your case, you need to tell the dealer upfront about your lease option and ensure that right info is put in the booking form to avoid any future confusion. The key thing is that if the car is going to be registered in your company name, ensure that you mention it in the booking form along with your name.

Last edited by smopuri : 30th January 2012 at 06:29.
smopuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 06:56   #1795
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 1,081
Thanked: 153 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I mean seriously, what were they thinking? They could have done away with that and liberated more space instead of having 5 (or was it 6?) dedicated lip-stick slots!
When did Cheetah start to put lipstick?
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 10:35   #1796
BHPian
 
Rossiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 117
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Did you guys watch the new XUV5OO ad? Lottery system, and now this ad, Mahindra seems to be trying very hard to persuade people not to buy the XUV what a crazy ad!

Rossiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:01   #1797
BHPian
 
vrrraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi Ketan, Before you jump into the draw please clarify lot of doubts we have, First of all check with the M&M, if you can participate in the draw and if you are winner, will M&M is going to transfer it to your companies name, as one of T&C says no third party transfers is allowed. Also this time it will be at the discretion M&M and not the dealer as they want to avoid any mischievous at the dealer side. Also check if companies can participate in this draw.

Secondly, Check with your companies leasing company rules, I think most of the companies will usually give the loan for On-Road and not for the ex-showroom, hence you will have to check if the leasing company is ok with you paying 80K and that will be adjusted, since this 80K is with M&M that will be adjusted against the dealers invoice and not yours so it is considered part ex-showroom.

I think it would be good to read all the Terms and Conditions of M&M as well as your leasing company as this is to some extend a special case of Draw and then booking.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Specific question to this XUV500 booking.
I'm planning to take the company lease on Ex-showroom and will be paying rest of the expenses on my own. Can I go ahead and take part in the draw myself and later would they be able to let me go with Company lease (means, the leasing co. will be paying ExShowroom)?
I'm assuming this should be allowed and there shouldnt be any issues with it! your inputs are welcome!
vrrraju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 11:09   #1798
BHPian
 
Ketan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 821
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hi Ketan, Before you jump into the draw please clarify lot of doubts we have, First of all check with the M&M, if you can participate in the draw and if you are winner, will M&M is going to transfer it to your companies name, as one of T&C says no third party transfers is allowed. Also this time it will be at the discretion M&M and not the dealer as they want to avoid any mischievous at the dealer side. Also check if companies can participate in this draw.

Secondly, Check with your companies leasing company rules, I think most of the companies will usually give the loan for On-Road and not for the ex-showroom, hence you will have to check if the leasing company is ok with you paying 80K and that will be adjusted, since this 80K is with M&M that will be adjusted against the dealers invoice and not yours so it is considered part ex-showroom.

I think it would be good to read all the Terms and Conditions of M&M as well as your leasing company as this is to some extend a special case of Draw and then booking.
Thank you Puri and Raju for the inputs.
I am aware that the leasing co. that my employeer is associated with provides lease for ex-showroom to on-road+accessories of the vehicle so minimum loan that I can get is ex-showroom (may be I can exclude / pay the VAT out of ex-showroom and bring the lona amount further down - need to check on that) - I shall however confirm this with the leasing co. today.

How do I check the conditions directly with Mahindras? Do you guys know who can confirm this? Purid did confirm that he booked with his name along with co name in the form but this is a draw so it would be better I doublecheck with M&M on this. Can someone tell me the quickest way to confirm this with M&M?
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 13:19   #1799
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,927
Thanked: 5,685 Times
Default Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
When did Cheetah start to put lipstick?
That's the thing.

While sitting in the passenger seat, the sales rep first told us tht those slots are for lip-sticks. And I was a bit taken aback. Almost immediately after that, he said that the car has been designed and inspired by a cheetah. The first thing that went through my mind at that time (tongue-firmly-in-cheek) is "Lol that's one queer cheetah!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 13:38   #1800
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you Puri and Raju for the inputs.
I am aware that the leasing co. that my employeer is associated with provides lease for ex-showroom to on-road+accessories of the vehicle so minimum loan that I can get is ex-showroom (may be I can exclude / pay the VAT out of ex-showroom and bring the lona amount further down - need to check on that) - I shall however confirm this with the leasing co. today.

How do I check the conditions directly with Mahindras? Do you guys know who can confirm this? Purid did confirm that he booked with his name along with co name in the form but this is a draw so it would be better I doublecheck with M&M on this. Can someone tell me the quickest way to confirm this with M&M?
You may try talking to the XUV customer care (1800 266 7000).

But I seriously doubt if you get anything useful by talking to these guys (based on my multiple calls experience with them). Only sweet talk, no useful guidance - I was promised 48hr responses multiple times (which never came) - they can't answer anything but to direct you to the dealer. If you do get anything useful, please do post it for the benefit of all.
smopuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria a4anurag SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 113 20th December 2016 16:13
Received a copy of the Coffee Table book on the Mahindra XUV500 from Mahindra Corp. shankar.balan Shifting gears 3 2nd April 2012 16:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks