Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 2nd March 2012, 01:20   #2071
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I would suggest you stay away from this one. Besides all the other valid reasons as suggested by others also consider the fact that for this lot of deliveries I think the last ones are due sometime in May. Which means the third round of bookings will open again April. With each new set of booking the rush will start petering out. In my opinion, in another couple of rounds of bookings it will become simpler to get your vehicle directly from M&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is what I got from CarWale. Advise on whether to go for it:

You short listed a car to buy. Congratulations!
The car you have shown interest in is Mahindra XUV500 W8 (#D322322), done 5 KM listed for Rs. 17,00,000/-.
[COLOR=#000080]Please click here to view complete details of the car.[/COLOR]
You may contact the seller directly, details as below:
Address: Mumbai
Would you like to know how much you should be paying for this car? CarWale’s [COLOR=#000080]Used Car Valuation[/COLOR] could help you with it. Simply feed in the details of the car and you will get close-to-accurate prices for the same.
Feel free to contact for any other assistance.

Warm Regards,

Team CarWale
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 07:19   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
This is what I got from CarWale. Advise on whether to go for it:

You short listed a car to buy. Congratulations!
The car you have shown interest in is Mahindra XUV500 W8 (#D322322), done 5 KM listed for Rs. 17,00,000/-.
Please click here to view complete details of the car.
You may contact the seller directly, details as below:
Address: Mumbai
Would you like to know how much you should be paying for this car? CarWale’s Used Car Valuation could help you with it. Simply feed in the details of the car and you will get close-to-accurate prices for the same.
Feel free to contact for any other assistance.

Warm Regards,

Team CarWale
17L for XUV is insane, better to go for 1-2 years used Fortuner.
Assuming that you buy at 17L today & after 2 years (when there will no/very less waiting period on XUV) you will hardly get 50-60% of this price if you want to sell it for any reason. That's a huge depriciation!
Misguided is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 08:59   #2073
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Assuming that you buy at 17L today & after 2 years (when there will no/very less waiting period on XUV) you will hardly get 50-60% of this price if you want to sell it for any reason. That's a huge depriciation!
A very good point about "depreciation" after 2 years not caring for the "premium" you pay now.

Another aspect of this is let the used-car dealers understand that they can not charge arbitrary premium for this vehicle. If the dealer struggles to sell it for 17L, only then the next vehicle would be sold at reasonable premium (if at all). If there are people who believe that even at 17L, its worth a buy, then the premium as well as Showroom prices would only head northwards.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:11   #2074

Got an SMS for my booking, stating the expected delivery date as 10th May. It under production at this point.
abhidube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:52   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
Hi m_upreti. There is a premium. You are getting into 2WD Fortuner territory (showroom price) now!

Ultimately its your call, but if you must get it, certainly negotiate the heavens out and bring the price down, and a LOT. Then there is the question of buying from a third party. I suppose the car can be vetted by another check, but its a bit of a hassle and it can be stressful depending on how much of an 'off the beaten path' person you are. You only miss peace of mind once its gone.

Of course free advise is easily given, but I'd say just wait for a new one of your own. Considering everything, its not ok at this price. I also don't consider used-anything ok at this price, but that's just me.
Fully agreed with you , but sometimes hidden desires suddenly flare up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I would suggest you stay away from this one. Besides all the other valid reasons as suggested by others also consider the fact that for this lot of deliveries I think the last ones are due sometime in May. Which means the third round of bookings will open again April. With each new set of booking the rush will start petering out. In my opinion, in another couple of rounds of bookings it will become simpler to get your vehicle directly from M&M.
You are right and probably by then there will be some other options also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Absolutely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
A very good point about "depreciation" after 2 years not caring for the "premium" you pay now.

Another aspect of this is let the used-car dealers understand that they can not charge arbitrary premium for this vehicle. If the dealer struggles to sell it for 17L, only then the next vehicle would be sold at reasonable premium (if at all). If there are people who believe that even at 17L, its worth a buy, then the premium as well as Showroom prices would only head northwards.
Absolutely right.

Final Decision, wait and watch
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:33   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Got an SMS for my booking, stating the expected delivery date as 10th May. It under production at this point.
What does "under production" here really mean? It can't take more than 2 months to manufacture the XUV. We're talking about a car, not a rocket

Last edited by sharninder : 2nd March 2012 at 11:34. Reason: Typo
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:01   #2077
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the XUV5OO (Source: FB) -
Attached Images

raj_5004 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:51   #2078
BHPian

Guys an update.. after 1.5 months of the middle row seats being on a High Priority order, I got them finally. Well to be honest, I think the order was unnecessary anyways, as the problem was that with no one sitting on them, they use to make a lot of rattle and I could see them moving in the RVM even on slightly undulated roads.

Anyways the car was picked up, and the seats changed, and guess what as I had suspected the problem is as is, and nothing has changed. Well except the fact that the middle bench is brand new.

A few other things, there is a faint whistling sound coming from RHS rear tyre area at low speeds, i suspected it to be wheel bearings, but my SA has checked it and says its not it. He suspected the RHS silencer bracket, but thats not it as well, any ideas? the sound is very faint and you can really hear it only at night, or non noisy areas.

I had also told him to check breaks, as I keep getting at random intervals the warning alert, that front brake pads have worn out. So the SA told me that there is a new style/type brake pads coming in for all XUV's who are having problems, and he will get those changed after 4th March. Does any one else heard about these?
AGwagon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:34   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I had also told him to check breaks, as I keep getting at random intervals the warning alert, that front brake pads have worn out. So the SA told me that there is a new style/type brake pads coming in for all XUV's who are having problems, and he will get those changed after 4th March. Does any one else heard about these?
Yes indeed, he is right. It has been reported in this forum itself.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:36   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Yes indeed, he is right. It has been reported in this forum itself.
Raj, sorry I missed out, could you spare some details on the change on these?

Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:43   #2081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
A few other things, there is a faint whistling sound coming from RHS rear tyre area at low speeds, i suspected it to be wheel bearings, but my SA has checked it and says its not it. He suspected the RHS silencer bracket, but thats not it as well, any ideas? the sound is very faint and you can really hear it only at night, or non noisy areas.

The whistling noise, if you hear it inside the cabin can be from one of the AC vents, try changing the vane angles and the flow controls for each vent. The other source can be a wind leakage from any of the windows, particularly third quarter sealed windows. If there is a gap in the sealant applied, there will be whistling noise - this can also potentially let water in during rains. Ask the SA to check all the windows for leakage. If the problem is the sealed windows, they can apply additional sealant and solve the problem.
For openable windows, it may require window seal replacement.

PS: It will be better to shift this discussion to the XUV niggles thread, as you can find details of problems which other users are also facing.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 2nd March 2012 at 16:45.
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:04   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The whistling noise, if you hear it inside the cabin can be from one of the AC vents, try changing the vane angles and the flow controls for each vent. The other source can be a wind leakage from any of the windows, particularly third quarter sealed windows. If there is a gap in the sealant applied, there will be whistling noise - this can also potentially let water in during rains. Ask the SA to check all the windows for leakage. If the problem is the sealed windows, they can apply additional sealant and solve the problem.
For openable windows, it may require window seal replacement.

PS: It will be better to shift this discussion to the XUV niggles thread, as you can find details of problems which other users are also facing.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth, thanks for the suggestion, but the whistling sound is irregular as opposed to a constant whistle, almost like short sweaks, so I dont think it is something due to wind noise, plus it does vary when the car is moving up n down on a bumpy road, so I am confident it is a moving part.

I have also heard this noise when standing out, as the car pulled away, but still not sure where it is coming from, seems like rear suspension now. It is not something which would have troubled me, but since now I know its there, I keep hearing it, if you know what i mean
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:02   #2083
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of the XUV 5OO!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120225_0031.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20120225_0051.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_43361.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_43491.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_4363.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_44761.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_49091.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_49431.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_49491.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-snapshot20110531180117.jpg  

gubbi555 is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:05   #2084
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting a clear picture of the lounge lighting.

I was a fan of the grey colour initially, then I was hooked onto the purple, now I finally am attracted to Silver.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2012, 16:12   #2085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Here are a few pictures of the XUV 5OO!
beautiful pics! I always thought Black & Grey will look really good on XUV & I love these two colors! More comparo pics with the Fortuner would have been a bonus though! You have a link to your ownership report ?
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote